Weightloss/Muscle Gain

K_Wang

Awards
Hello, All!

This is my first post in the forums. I was wondering if anyone had insight on muscle memory and weight loss. I am a mother, a wife, and work full time. Certain situations happen where I am pretty much forced to take time off from the gym. The last time I took about 2-3 months off, sickness turned into being unable to go. Which leads me to now, for the past couple weeks I was only able to go to the gym 2-3 times a week. I am getting back into going everyday and I'm back weight wise to what I was lifting before. Am I not going to see the scale move as my body tries to readjust and I gain muscle back? Sorry about the long never ending post.

Back story: Currently at 1800 kCal daily
160 P 160 C (training days) 130 C (non training) 60 F
Current weight: 160, down from 165.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Is your goal to gain weight back (in the form of muscle)?

If consuming enough calories to grow, muscle memory can help someone gain back what was lost during time away from the gym at a relatively fast pace. A few years ago I lost around 50lbs (mainly muscle) and many years of progress in 3 months due to GI issues. Once I got back in the gym, I was able to gain it back and eventually surpass where I originally was (while staying fairly lean). I believe it took almost 2 years, but that's a fast pace considering the ground that had to be made up. I should also mention that the closer I got to where I originally was, the slower my rate of progress became.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
its perfectly normal to not see a big movement in scale weight as you get back to your baseline of mass. if im reading you right, you are mostly asking if its normal for the scale to not move during the first while back in the gym. and like I said yes its normal and I see this more in women than in men. I think it has to do with a womens hormones and her "ability"(bane) to hold water do to stress and inflammation. give it a few weeks to normalize

K_Wang

Awards
Thank you for the reassurance. I'm seeing sizable difference with the diet change from what I was doing and the structure of my meals. So that's hopeful, can't help but be a woman and always want to step on the scale and see magic.

K_Wang

Awards
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1435248467.449536.jpg

That is 16 weeks ago when I kind of got off track and the bottom is 3 weeks into my new plan.

David147

Awards
Focus on a metabolism, boost your metabolism allows your body to burn fat and consume fat thus promoting lean muscle mass growth. Body weight exercises and high intensity exercises allow your body's fat burning systems to be accelerated.