Girl can't lose weight

Qonix

Qonix

Awards
  • Established
It's been almost a year since my gf started to workout.
Her stats are 5"9' at 165lbs, 22% bf. This is about the same starting point of a year ago.
The main goal is to lose those extra pounds which are located especially in the lower body.

She's training with me 4 times/week, I'm making her diet program but nothing seems to work.
Of course she's on calorie deficit (been as low as 1200kcal), tried keto, carb cycling, reset her metabolism, everything!
At this point I went with her to make some blood work and came out that her thyroid is working a bit slow..

Do you suggest any supplement or particular diet program? Maybe I'm just wrong considering the female body Works as the males ones for diet etc.

Thanks.

Tufts604

Tufts604

Awards
I am far from an expert but I would watch not to get too low with calories. This is only intuition speaking but I would not do any drastic dieting approaches until the thyroid issue is resolved. I would think anything extreme could cause more issues than it would resolve.
I may be out to lunch here. just my two cents.
Good Luck

A

Abby423

Awards
Over coming an ED, restrictive to be specific, consuming the lowest 700 to highest 1100 totally screwed up my thyroid . mine was extremely slow, sure they have supplements you can take but my neat advice given was to eat above 1200,increasing slowly until I was a tad over my maintenance and then maintain for 4 months then start cutting back.
No expert, just started to cut back. And I am older so Peri menopause.
Females have so much going on with hormones at all different ages it is amazing. Hope she can figure it out!

DennisTheDane

DennisTheDane

Awards
  • Established
Would try low carb/non carb for 2 weeks. Like this... Morning 3 whole eggs. Lunch 200 gram lean beef with all the spices you can put in.. Garlic is great. And minimum 300 grams of veggies.. 3 pm Same as lunch .. then at dinner 150 gram lean meat.. And 300 grams of veggies... I eat green beans - carrots and aspargreus... Carrots i eat raw... Ad some peas raw as well... And drink MINIMUM 3 liters a water a day... Try it out for 2 weeks...

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If her thyroid is a bit slow, what I would do is introduce some natural things to get it back up to speed. I can definitely vouch for these following two items which I always use after coming off a cycle of T3:

Iodoral
Now's Thyroid Energy

These are 2 natural supplements that I would NEVER do without when recovering my thyroid. Iodoral is something that I now take on a daily basis to keep the thyroid primed as well.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
you could give her some nolvadex. dan duchaine used this trick when a woman would get stuck. he speculated that the uptick in testosterone was the edge that gave his clients the ability to start burning fat again.

Tufts604

Tufts604

Awards
you could give her some nolvadex. dan duchaine used this trick when a woman would get stuck. he speculated that the uptick in testosterone was the edge that gave his clients the ability to start burning fat again.
Im no expert but I wouldn't start doing things like nolva. jIjust because dan douchane used that with his athletes to give them a competitive edge does not mean it should just be used to help spur weightloss. U may end up doing more harm than good. If you can't lose weight without drugs there is an issue. Could be there is hormonal issues or tttraining and diet is off. you should not be looking for tricks from contest prep imo.

D

David147

Awards
The body will digest simple sugars like fruit a lot faster than something
that contains fat, so you'll be hungry a lot sooner if you're just eating fruit
opposed to good fats like coconut oil, palm oil, avocado or coconut butter, etc...
Fat will give you sustained energy a lot longer than sugar will, so you won't be tempted
by snacking on less than ideal foods. If making a smoothie, instead of just all fruit, add

U

ufusannon

Awards
normal exercise is really effective no doubt.