Anabolic Diet/Hiit 100s Log

gator67

gator67

Awards
Hi guys, this we'll be my first log on AM, and it will be a duel anabolic diet and modified Hiit 100s workout log. A little background on me, I'm 48 yrs old and have been training off and on for 25 years or so. Unfortunately mostly off the past ten in which I've managed to pack on about 30 extra lbs or so. Currently sitting at 220 lbs on my 5'9" frame. I've been hitting the gym pretty hard for the past six months or so and been following a not so strict Isocaloric diet of roughly 40% protein/30% carbs/30% fats. I've made very good strength/mass gains but not so much in fat loss department. I know from past experience Atkins diet works well for me but not long term, so hoping the carb load on the weekend will keep me on track. Going to shoot for 2700 calories a day which is roughly 500 below maintenance. The diet calls for 55-60% caloric intake from fats,30-35% proteins, and no more than 30g carbs daily during low carb weekdays. On the weekend carb load I'm going to be conservative at first and start with about 300-350 grams carbs daily and go from there. I started the diet portion on June 12 and carb depleted for 8 days. So far, I have lost six lbs, probably water weight. Main sources of protein were whole eggs, steak, salmon, sardines, ground beef, whey protein, and rotisserie chicken. 2 of my meals I ate either a romaine salad, spinach, or broccoli for the fiber. Also using a fiber supplement once daily. I've been using my staples of mv, fish oil(2g), liver tabs, life support, and just started OL EPIC UNLEASHED. As for the training, it's a modified Jim Stoppani routine that calls for ten sets of a main exercise per body part using 50% of your normal 10 rep max with 60 sec rest between sets. The rest period decreased by 10 sec each week. This is followed by two more exercises per body part at normal 10 rep max with 60 sec rest between sets. Lastly, a finisher all-body exercise for ten sets with low weight but again only 60 sec rest between sets. This is a six week routine and my goal is to drop 10 lbs with enhanced vascularity and definition. The training starts on Monday which will also be next weigh in to see where I stand after weekend carb load. Eating cereal, bagels, rice, and pasta for the carb load.

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Cool man, the anabolic diet does yield good results for the people who can stick to it. That program seems legit as well. Good luck man

gator67

gator67

Awards
Thanks man, gonna give it a go. Took in 300 g carbs on Saturday, and honestly feeling a little bloated this morning. I had forgotten how good I feel on vlc plans. I don't seem to get the lethargy most complain of. Maybe because I have plenty of energy stored in my body right now, lol. If today want father's day, I would start back on the low carbs today and cut the carb load to one day, but already have reservations to celebrate with the family at a very good mom/pop Italian restaurant so I'll make my 300 g/carbs today very easily. Interested to see how much that translates into lbs tomorrow because I can already tell I'm holding water as compared to Friday.

gator67

gator67

Awards
Okay, I'm an early riser so Monday weigh-in shows a 7 lb fluctuation. About what was expected. Especially after my linguini with shrimp/scallops to celebrate father's day. Today might be an uncomfortable day switching back to no carbs. We'll see. I'm anxious to get the training started today after work. Will check in after my workout.

gator67

gator67

Awards
Finished workout#1. Energy levels very high. Not too much of a pump, but I don't really get good pumps from presses anytime. Weights on the 100's sets are very light, but the rest period decreases weekly. I performed reps at a 3-0-1 tempo with a good squeeze on the contraction.
Bench Press- 95x10x10 - 60 sec rest
Incline Press- 155x10. - 60 sec rest
. 155x10
. 155x10
Crossovers-. 60x10. - 60 sec rest
. 60x10
. 60x10
Clean&Press-. 75x10x10 -60 sec rest

Was really sweating at the end of the clean/presses. Good HIIT style finisher.
Good workout overall.

gator67

gator67

Awards
Today's workout. Again, good energy, today got a good pump. Weight again feels light, but I have to remember in a couple weeks the rest will be cut in half and I'll be screaming from lactic acid.

Pulldowns-105x10x10 60 sec rest

BB Row-155x10x3 60 sec rest

Stiff Arm Pulldown 60x10x3 60 sec rest

Kettleball Swing 15lbx10x10 60 sec rest

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Nice workout man. Are you getting meals in before you go to the gym?

gator67

gator67

Awards
Well I go to work at 5:00am, so by the time I get to the gym, usually I've eaten three meals. I take my pwo+ green magma+ Epic Unleashed prior to, then whey+bcaas+ creatine after. Then a small snack and dinner follows. I'm keeping my calorie range during the week between 2500-2900. So far, so good. Feeling energetic during the day, tracking the macros on livestrong my plate app. Water retention from weekend is gone today, so I'm feeling good

gator67

gator67

Awards
Today's workout:

Pressdown- 100x10x10- 60 sec rest

Cable Overhead Extension-80x10x3

Machine Tri Extension-90x10x3

DB Curl- 25x10x10- 60 sec rest

High Cable Curl- 40x10x3

Preacher Curl- 75x10x3

Deadlift/curl/press-45x10x10

All sets 60 sec rest. Good energy, pretty good pump. That last exercise is a Jim Stoppani HIIT finisher that's pretty cool. I used just the Olympic bar and was still sweating pretty good. Cant wait to see what it's like with little to no rest in a few weeks! The diet is going really well. Other than a couple hours after my breakfast which I eat first thing upon waking, I'm not experiencing too many hunger pains. For that reason I've upped the calories on meal#2 to about 700. The others are around 500 and with my snack, the daily total still in the 2700-2900 range. Very optimistic so far that this can be a long term plan

gator67

gator67

Awards
Yesterday was an off day, today back at it, here's the workout:

Squats-135x10x10 60 sec rest
Leg Press- 5 plates x10x3 60 sec rest
Seated Leg Curl-180x10x3 60 sec rest
Extensions-160x10x3 60 sec rest
Kettleball Swing-15lbx10x10 60 sec rest
Good workout, love working legs, right now have plenty of energy. Went ahead and weighed myself today and was shocked too see I had dropped nine lbs since Monday. The pdf says variance of around 10 lbs during week is expected. Good news is strength is good( not really doing low reps on this workout so I guess I should say endurance), pants are a bit looser, interested to weigh myself Monday morning after carb load. Again, at this point very happy with results so far. I'm going to go ahead and do the HIIT exercises on my off days with about 20 minutes on the stairmaster for a good fat burning blast.

gator67

gator67

Awards
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1435356536.034936.jpg
last low carb meal of the week. Philly cheese steak(no onions/bread), sauteed mushrooms, sauteed broccoli w/garlic

gator67

gator67

Awards
Monday morning weigh-in has me up 7 lbs. Not as much of a swing as last week. Still feel full from the weekend. Next weekend think I'm going to stop the carbs after breakfast and see how that works out. The recommendation is a 36-48 hour window for carbs.

gator67

gator67

Awards
Just got home from gym, good energy, weights still feel light. I started OL Ostarine today. They are 5mg capsules. I'm going to alternate between 10&15 mg per day. I will run this for 6 weeks.

Decline Bench- 135x10/155x10/185x10

Decline Bench- 95x10x10 50 sec rest

Dips- Bodyweight 3x10

Clean& Press- 65x10x10 60 sec rest

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Just got home from gym, good energy, weights still feel light. I started OL Ostarine today. They are 5mg capsules. I'm going to alternate between 10&15 mg per day. I will run this for 6 weeks.

Decline Bench- 135x10/155x10/185x10

Decline Bench- 95x10x10 50 sec rest

Dips- Bodyweight 3x10

Clean& Press- 65x10x10 60 sec rest
Solid workout. Are you noticing any decline is strength or performance?

gator67

gator67

Awards
No, actually the weights on the 100s feel too light, but the program calls for the same weight the entire cycle. I know by the 4th week the small rests will make it feel heavier do I kind of upped the regular sets this week to a more normal workout weight. I do well on low carb, so no strength loss yet. When did it start with you? I see you've been on the diet since beginning of May.

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
No, actually the weights on the 100s feel too light, but the program calls for the same weight the entire cycle. I know by the 4th week the small rests will make it feel heavier do I kind of upped the regular sets this week to a more normal workout weight. I do well on low carb, so no strength loss yet. When did it start with you? I see you've been on the diet since beginning of May.
I noticed slight decrease in strength my 3rd week on the diet. It had to of just been that my energy levels were to low. From what I understand the first 3 days of the week after you carb up should be the days where you really focus on strength. Then the other days are accessory. Why not go up in weight? You said you were doing stoppanis hiit 100 right?

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Are you doing any cardio or just resistance?
Yeah I am I'm doing fasted cardio for 45 minutes 3 days a week and post workout cardio for 10 minutes 5 days a week

gator67

gator67

Awards
Yeah, I'm going to raise the weights on the 100's sets till the rest is down to 30 sec or less to make them more challenging. I am getting winded on the HIIT exercises, just not the traditional exercises.

gator67

gator67

Awards
Tuesday's workout:

Squats-175x10/205x10/235x10

100's Squats-135x10x10 50 sec rest

Extension-165x10x3 60 sec rest

KB Swing- 20x10x10 50 sec rest

Sweating profusely at end if this one. May have to drop the weight on the squats after next week. We'll see. Feeling good, a little hungrier today, may need to up the calories a little.

gator67

gator67

Awards
Today's workout:

Military Press-115x10x3

BN Press-65x10x10 50 sec rest

Rear Lateral- 40x10x3

DB DL/CURL/PRESS-25X10X10-50 sec rest

Still good energy, felt strong entire workout.

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Nice, what was the food for today? Did you up your calories?

gator67

gator67

Awards
Not yet, I ended up at 2900 calories. I'm tracking the macros religiously and pretty much eating when I'm hungry. The end of next week will be a month and that's when DiPisquale suggests to make the changes in regards to calorie intake. I've eaten at maintenance calories pretty much the entire time so far. Can't really go by the scale because of the fluctuations, so I'm going by how I look/feel and how my clothes fit. I'm going overall for more of a recomp than a quick weight loss. Slow and steady. I believe I will up my calories by 500 a day and add more steady state cardio starting July 12 and go from there. Still happy with how I'm feeling. This definitely cuts out things like massive energy fluctuations.

gator67

gator67

Awards
Well finished up the weekend and have to admit, in feeling really good. I am going to continue on the diet, but scrap the training portion. I just don't care for the HIIT 100s routine. I'm sure it gives many great success. After reading bodyopus and the ultimate diet I've decided to use the U.D.2 plan which has high rep, low rest split workouts on Monday/Tuesday, moderate weight/rep total body on Thursday, and heavy weight/low rep on Saturday. Also going to follow the carb up schedule from U.D 2 which starts on Thursday late after workout and ends Friday night. Saturday/Sunday can be either moderate or higher carb days.

gator67

gator67

Awards
Thanks bro. I do enjoy the low carb menu immensely,lol

gator67

gator67

Awards
Also wanted to mention that Bodyopus is fascinating reading and a must read for the low carb cyclic dieters. I was able to find a off and am anxious to re-read soon. I'm definitely going to give some of Duchaine's tricks a good trial. The glucose disposal agents especially and wondering if the new sarm GW may be a good addition.

gator67

gator67

Awards
Completed the first depletion workout today. 30 sets done at a 3-0-1 tempo for 60 seconds with 60 sec rest period. I did 12 sets for chest and back, and six for shoulders. Kept a good pump the entire workout and felt considerable burning due to lactic acid buildup. Great workout and I'm happy I switched. Feeling hungry right now but I'm dropping my calories to 2200 till Friday afternoon when I will begin the carb load, mostly with liquid carbs until Saturday afternoon.

gator67

gator67

Awards
Completed the lower body plus arms depletion workout today. These are killers... Lactic acid is ferocious. Feel good though. Diet wise, not much has changed, although I'm trying to hit 65-70% calories from fats instead of 55-60. Not as easy as one would think. One thing I noticed about the anabolic diet vs bodyopus/ultimate diet is that Duchaine advocated using mct's where as DePasquale was against it. Interesting, and am leaning towards using them to get the fat % where I want them.

gator67

gator67

Awards
Haven't worked out since Tuesday but the diet is going smoothly. I think I can feel my body craving the fats instead of carbs. The PDF said it takes about three cycles for the body to adjust to fat burning and I can feel it now. That being said I've gained some knowledge I the carb loading and here's how that's going to look: after Friday workout two liquid meals of 150 g cyto carb(this is what's available at local vitamin Shoppe) , 2-3 scoops orange Gatorade powder, 50 g whey protein. This meets the glucose/ glucose polymer requirements. That's followed by a carb heavy( thinking pasta) dinner. Saturday morning upon waking another shake followed by a slowly decreasing carb fest consisting of bagels, pancakes(homemade banana) and sweet potatoes. Sunday morning is the power lifting workout and then begin decreasing the carbs until early Sunday evening when it's back to zero. I feel allot more confident with the carb load going into the weekend.

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Nice, what it your weight to?

gator67

gator67

Awards
Nice, what it your weight to?
I weighed in this morning at 211. So nine pounds down since I began 3 1/2 weeks ago. That being said on Monday I was still at 220 but my pants are definitely looser and noticeably leaner around abdomen. Still eating at maintenance, goal next week is to cut 30g-500 calories a day Monday through Friday. Strength is good, so at this point I feel I'm in the zone and excited for the next six weeks. At that point I'll need to decide if I'm going to continue, our take a six week break and then start again. Have you been cycling it off/on? The ultimate diet 2 I'd definitely in favor of cycling.

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
I weighed in this morning at 211. So nine pounds down since I began 3 1/2 weeks ago. That being said on Monday I was still at 220 but my pants are definitely looser and noticeably leaner around abdomen. Still eating at maintenance, goal next week is to cut 30g-500 calories a day Monday through Friday. Strength is good, so at this point I feel I'm in the zone and excited for the next six weeks. At that point I'll need to decide if I'm going to continue, our take a six week break and then start again. Have you been cycling it off/on? The ultimate diet 2 I'd definitely in favor of cycling.
That's awesome, really fast weight loss. Did you notice the most loss in the first two weeks? Would you do a normal 40/40/20 when you went back? I'm on the 3rd day of the second week of the initial 14 days of the anabolic diet again. I remember it being slot less mentally taxing the last time I did this hah. I'm weighing myself each Monday and this monday I was down 5 pounds(water) and at 200 pounds. So I think I'll probably be from 195-198 on next Monday

gator67

gator67

Awards
Yeah, the second week is definitely the toughest, lol, but the carb load is coming soon. Yes, the biggest drop was after the second week. This will be my fourth week and I definitely"feel it" this week as far as being adjusted. Last time I tried it I freaked because of the weekend gaining and I wasn't eating the right type of carbs so I bailed after three weeks, ended up gaining weight. If I cycle of after next six weeks yes, I'll do a 40/30/30 or lower for carbs depending on what I'm seeing or feeling. If you haven't read UD#2, the pdf is easy to get and gives valid points to cycle this kind of diet to keep the results coming fast. Recommends four to six weeks but I would stick with six so i can do two 5/3/1 cycles while not on the low carb diet.

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Does it say anywhere in the UD 2.0 about less frequent carb ups? Or does it need to be weekly? I'm hoping to get down to about 10 percent bf. Right now I'm probably 18-20ish maybe a little less. Yeah somewhat the same happened to me with AD. I would have a re feed day like every 3 days and wasn't very strict so I had to just start over haha.

gator67

gator67

Awards
That's one reason why cycling off seems unattractive. No, the whole premise of UD2 is a seven day cycle with a 3 1/2 day carb up in stages. Basically a 24hr carb load followed by 48 hrs of variable carb intake depending on individual. I'm more or less following anabolic diet(higher fat)with the ultimate diet training protocol and 24hr carb load. One half day of moderate carbs and then back to no carbs. It's up to how you respond best. Also, I don't want fast loss our I would just stay on keto. Tried that and don't like how I feel or look. I understand now it took years for me to put thus on and may take a couple to take it off. I feel this approach can work long term for me.

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
That's one reason why cycling off seems unattractive. No, the whole premise of UD2 is a seven day cycle with a 3 1/2 day carb up in stages. Basically a 24hr carb load followed by 48 hrs of variable carb intake depending on individual. I'm more or less following anabolic diet(higher fat)with the ultimate diet training protocol and 24hr carb load. One half day of moderate carbs and then back to no carbs. It's up to how you respond best. Also, I don't want fast loss our I would just stay on keto. Tried that and don't like how I feel or look. I understand now it took years for me to put thus on and may take a couple to take it off. I feel this approach can work long term for me.
I definitely think that a lot of people would benefit from this kind of diet. My body responds pretty negatively to carbs, better to low gi but still. You'll be able to do it man. Plus there are to many benefits to this kind of diet to not stay on it.

gator67

gator67

Awards
I totally agree. It really makes sense from a metabolic standpoint. Also wanted to mention that the weekend carb load differs in bodyopus and UD2 from the A.D. in one more way. They recommend LOW fat intake during, total opposite of A.D. Reason is glucose and amino acids are being pushed rapidly into cells and if your fat intake is high, fat will also. This also makes sense to me and is how I'm approaching the carb load starting this weekend. That's also another reason why my carb loads didn't feel so good before either, because I was keeping fat intake at about 30-40%.via the A.D. recommendation. Bodyopus us a fascinating read, and Duchaine definitely knew his stuff. There are a few chapters missing in the pdf, I've been looking everywhere online to no avail, lol. His recommendations on supplements/drug additions. He was known as the steroid guru. Everyone can benefit depending on what level they are willing to go to. I've been researching clen, because it really works, and I have asthma issues so it could be a double benefit. I just really want to know my stuff before I dip into something that strong. How are you feeling today? Almost made it to the weekend, man.

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Yeah today I'm gonna go buy some lean meats(ground turkey and what ever else it really lean) I may also use dextrose shakes with my meals. I've been considering the same as well, but I don't think I'm nearly well enough educated on the subject, plus I'm 22 I'm gonna see how far I can take my body naturally ya know? Then I'll look into more. I'm feeling okay, I do notice I feel better immediately after a high fat meal then I start to feel like chit about 2 hours later before I eat again. What's the macro percentage for B.O and UD 2.0?

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Also have you found a new routine?

gator67

gator67

Awards
Oh yeah, if you're 22 you have all the hormones you need, lol. Bodyopus calls for same fat % as A.D. UD2. Calls for lower fat and up to 100 g carbs daily. I prefer the no carb higher fat. What types of fats are you eating? I find it makes a difference. I'm sticking to whole eggs, ground beef, steak(fatty), salami, cheeses and oils (coconut, olive, avocado). I didn't feel good eating too much bacon our sausage, probably because of the nitrates. Also eating broccoli and romaine with Caesar dressing(homemade) a couple meals to get some fiber. I purchased cytocarb to use with my carb load. It's cheap, ready to digest maltodextrin and throwing in some Gatorade powder(also cheap, and pure glucose). Add in some whey, and you've got a 800 calorie carb loading shake better than any weight gainer you cab buy. Yes, I'm using the UD2 workout plan which is a spilt whole body routine on Tuesday/Wednesday with 30 sets per session, 15-20 Reps per set. They call it a glucose depletion workout. Then in Friday, which I just finished, a high intensity workout whole body with around 20 sets, 6-12 Reps to positive failure. I used a combination of free weight /machine because I train alone and it's safer. I felt really good moving some heavy weight and actually got a really good pump, maybe from the EPIC unleashed? Here's the workout:

Squats- 275x10 /315x8
Leg Press- Six plates x12/ Seven plates x12
Leg Curl- 200x12/220x10
Extension-205x12/235x10
Bench-185x12/225x8
Cable Row-205x10/220x8
Decline Bench-225x12/275x8
Pulldown-205x10/220x8
Laterals-40x10
Pressdown-165x13
Preacher Curl-95x11

gator67

gator67

Awards
Forgot the last workout which is Sunday morning. It's a whole body power workout of about 20-25 sets, 3-5 Reps per set. I know I'm going to love that. I'll check back in after that workout. Just downed my first shake. Duchaine recommends the first four meals of carbs to be liquid. I'm going to do two shakes before dinner tonight which will be chicken/ pasta. A shake first thing in the morning, then solid carbs rest of the day. He actually recommends the last carbs you eat the weekend to be liquid because he says you achieve a sugar crash and lower your body sugar faster than eating low gi carbs. Pretty crazy?

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Oh yeah, if you're 22 you have all the hormones you need, lol. Bodyopus calls for same fat % as A.D. UD2. Calls for lower fat and up to 100 g carbs daily. I prefer the no carb higher fat. What types of fats are you eating? I find it makes a difference. I'm sticking to whole eggs, ground beef, steak(fatty), salami, cheeses and oils (coconut, olive, avocado). I didn't feel good eating too much bacon our sausage, probably because of the nitrates. Also eating broccoli and romaine with Caesar dressing(homemade) a couple meals to get some fiber. I purchased cytocarb to use with my carb load. It's cheap, ready to digest maltodextrin and throwing in some Gatorade powder(also cheap, and pure glucose). Add in some whey, and you've got a 800 calorie carb loading shake better than any weight gainer you cab buy. Yes, I'm using the UD2 workout plan which is a spilt whole body routine on Tuesday/Wednesday with 30 sets per session, 15-20 Reps per set. They call it a glucose depletion workout. Then in Friday, which I just finished, a high intensity workout whole body with around 20 sets, 6-12 Reps to positive failure. I used a combination of free weight /machine because I train alone and it's safer. I felt really good moving some heavy weight and actually got a really good pump, maybe from the EPIC unleashed? Here's the workout:

Squats- 275x10 /315x8
Leg Press- Six plates x12/ Seven plates x12
Leg Curl- 200x12/220x10
Extension-205x12/235x10
Bench-185x12/225x8
Cable Row-205x10/220x8
Decline Bench-225x12/275x8
Pulldown-205x10/220x8
Laterals-40x10
Pressdown-165x13
Preacher Curl-95x11
I've been only getting my carbs from broccoli the >1 from cheese and like 3 from my whey and the >1 from ketchup. I'm basically beef patties with cheese and eggs\bacon/cheese and whey and broccoli throughout the day. Then the next day I'll lower fats some and eat chicken in place of the beef patties. I'm not eating steak just because I feel like i don't digest it very well with this diet. That's one reason why I stopped the first time. I had to find a different way to do the diet. I have karbolyn? Would that be okay? Like 3 shakes(50gs of carbs per scoop) with my low fat med protein meals? I'd probably use some recompadrol. I need to find a good gda. I'm going to try a workout like that on Sunday and wake up on Monday see where my weight is and start my refeed. How is EPIC? I have two more bottles of epi plex I'm waiting to run when I start to lower cals some. Strong workout. Have you noticed the same strength with and with out carbs?

gator67

gator67

Awards
Everybody is a little different. I digest steak easier than ground beef patties. I crumble it up and mix it with my eggs and no problem. Just try to keep your fat % up on your low carb days. Even if you add olive oil or coconut oil. I've never had problems with strength but I probably would if I was busting these workouts four times a week. That's why I like this plan, you go through three different rep ranges each week. I like the EPIC unleashed, I'm not sure it's better than the original. I really like Olympus Labs products. BLR follidrone is also supposed to be top notch. Try ala (alpha lipoic acid) as a gda. Chromium, vanadyl sulfate, cinnamon can be used also. I also just ordered some slin sane from nutraplanet, they have it bogo. I'll let you know how it works. The karbolyn will be great. Good luck on your carb up. I've downed 450 grams of carbs since 2:30 and I feel stuffed like a pinata, lol. Muscles feel full, but so does my gut, which I don't like. I'll see how I feel in the morning.