Motiv8er: A new me

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
Dear AM,

I wanted to share with you what I've done. I've taken 50 lbs of fat off me in the last 1.3 years. I am now in the strength training phase of my journey. I am happy to share anything of my last year that helps you on your way. A few stats:

I joined this site when it was BDC nutrition, a transdermal community board. I have learned and given away lifetimes of knowledge and enjoyed being a personal trainer at recovery centers and gyms.

A many years later while getting my Masters, I worked in a bar and drank and drugged my way into hella bad shape. Did fine at school. When the smoke cleared, I didn't know who I was anymore. I was fat, weak and lost....

The same Gym God who saved me at 22 years old by getting me in the gym, stepped into my life again at 35, and said you're too fat, I dare you to lose weight. In two minutes he outlined what I could, and couldn't eat....I mostly consumed meats and veggies for a WHILE! I was CARB-Blind....NO MORE!!

I am on fire again....and I feel like a new man....I just had to change everything about the way I was, particularly how I thought. I feel great. Please ask me any questions you want...I want to help you!

Most of the time, the answer is do what's hard.....but sometimes we just need to be told to move that mountain. I'm not back, I'm better than I ever was! I will include photos as soon as I can get to my phone....2 minutes please....

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
Dear AM,

I wanted to share with you what I've done. I've taken 50 lbs of fat off me in the last 1.3 years. I am now in the strength training phase of my journey. I am happy to share anything of my last year that helps you on your way. A few stats:

I joined this site when it was BDC nutrition, a transdermal community board. I have learned and given away lifetimes of knowledge and enjoyed being a personal trainer at recovery centers and gyms.

A many years later while getting my Masters, I worked in a bar and drank and drugged my way into hella bad shape. Did fine at school. When the smoke cleared, I didn't know who I was anymore. I was fat, weak and lost....

The same Gym God who saved me at 22 years old by getting me in the gym, stepped into my life again at 35, and said you're too fat, I dare you to lose weight. In two minutes he outlined what I could, and couldn't eat....I mostly consumed meats and veggies for a WHILE! I was CARB-Blind....NO MORE!!

I am on fire again....and I feel like a new man....I just had to change everything about the way I was, particularly how I thought. I feel great. Please ask me any questions you want...I want to help you!

Most of the time, the answer is do what's hard.....but sometimes we just need to be told to move that mountain. I'm not back, I'm better than I ever was! I will include photos as soon as I can get to my phone....2 minutes please....

ForumRunner_20150602_121353.png

ForumRunner_20150602_121444.png

ForumRunner_20150602_121501.png

choccyswag

choccyswag

Awards
I like your attitude, and your name motiv8er; :)

keep it up!!

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
congrats bro on your new self. I appreciate the story. It feels great to accomplish something like this..

I've done something similar but started @ it 2.5 years ago. I lost 70lbs in 10 months.
Since then I added muscle and lost additional fat and sit about 3lbs heavier then I
was after I lost it all.

Started @ 230 went to 160 & now sit @ 163 after 2.5 years. And I just turned 46 :)

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
congrats bro on your new self. I appreciate the story. It feels great to accomplish something like this..

I've done something similar but started @ it 2.5 years ago. I lost 70lbs in 10 months.
Since then I added muscle and lost additional fat and sit about 3lbs heavier then I
was after I lost it all.

Started @ 230 went to 160 & now sit @ 163 after 2.5 years. And I just turned 46 :)
Thanks! Its like I needed to re-identify with a healthy community. Lots to be learned and discussed here....sometime even just a few digital high fives are all the encouragement we need to try.Congrats on your success. Doesn't it feel good?

How often do you enjoy sweets now vujade? choccyswag

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
It feels great..!

I try to stay away from sweets most of the time because I tend to go overboard with them. I do eat
some dark chocolate in moderation from time to time. At night when i want something sweet, I make
a chocolate protein shake with real peanut butter. Its like have a frozen reeses pnut butter cup :)

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
It feels great..!

I try to stay away from sweets most of the time because I tend to go overboard with them. I do eat
some dark chocolate in moderation from time to time. At night when i want something sweet, I make
a chocolate protein shake with real peanut butter. Its like have a frozen reeses pnut butter cup :)
I like the chocolate shake idea! I often wonder if there's an illegal amount of Peanut Butter to use, because I feel like I am always flirting with that number. If I had to choose between my GF and a Big Jar of Peanut Butter on a deserted Island.....its a toss up!

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I like the chocolate shake idea! I often wonder if there's an illegal amount of Peanut Butter to use, because I feel like I am always flirting with that number. If I had to choose between my GF and a Big Jar of Peanut Butter on a deserted Island.....its a toss up!
I usually use a heaping tablespoon, anything more and its probably too many calories.
I get the Smuckers all natural kind without any added sugars or hydronated fats.

Thats too funny bro. Hope she don't read this .. :)

choccyswag

choccyswag

Awards
motiv8er; so you have a sweet tooth too haha. i make my own treats so I know exactly what is going in and i use stevia a lot to reduce kcals. Chocolate has always been my fav though and i prefer the dark ones. like > 70% is my 'sweet' spot lol

Canes325

Awards
  • Established
I usually use a heaping tablespoon, anything more and its probably too many calories.
I get the Smuckers all natural kind without any added sugars or hydronated fats.

Thats too funny bro. Hope she don't read this .. :)
That's my jam for destroying nighttime cravings. 1.5scoops protein, 1/4cup of oats and a tablespoon of Natty PB. I call it liquid Reese's.

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
That's my jam for destroying nighttime cravings. 1.5scoops protein, 1/4cup of oats and a tablespoon of Natty PB.
I call it liquid Reese's.
lol... I use something similar.

1.5 scoops chocolate protein
heaping tablespoon of Natty PB
heaping tablespoon of Fat / Sugar Free Greek Yogurt
a scoop of psyillium husk (fiber)

Canes325

Awards
  • Established
I gotta try it with some yogurt next time. I'm also notorious for buying unflavored Greek yogurt and tossing a scoop of vanilla protein in it.

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
That's my jam for destroying nighttime cravings. 1.5scoops protein, 1/4cup of oats and a tablespoon of Natty PB. I call it liquid Reese's.
I like the looks of this a lot. I have a serious chocolate tooth to boot, may have to figure out how to incoorperate some dark chocolate in there too....seems to help me when I feel down.....feel good PEA I don't know...

Canes325

Awards
  • Established
I like the looks of this a lot. I have a serious chocolate tooth to boot, may have to figure out how to incoorperate some dark chocolate in there too....seems to help me when I feel down.....feel good PEA I don't know...
Try it. If I'm trying to keep cals down I'll use water. If I haven't hit my clas for the day I'll use milk. 1.5 scoops chocolate Protein. 1/4 cup uncooked oats. 1 scoop PB in a blender. 8-12oz of your desired milk/water and a few ice cubes... I'm salivating just thinking about it lol

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I use Unsweetened Almond Milk. Its only 30 calories per 8oz glass. Plus add cold water as needed & ice cubes.

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
motiv8er; so you have a sweet tooth too haha. i make my own treats so I know exactly what is going in and i use stevia a lot to reduce kcals. Chocolate has always been my fav though and i prefer the dark ones. like > 70% is my 'sweet' spot lol
I love dark chocolate as well.....what do you use? Any recommendations?

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
I love ALL Lindt Chocolate! I will have to check out the other brand though.....they look awesome. Love strong Dark chocolate....Thank you!

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
ForumRunner_20150619_130545.png

ForumRunner_20150619_130618.png

Hey guys! A couple of progress photos. My strength and recomping have been going great. The photos above I'm not flexing, but after the gym...