Is there any honesty out there

Sid2466

Awards
I have been trying to lose weight for 10 years now. I am 53 yrs old, 6' 0" tall and weigh 266 lbs. (46in waist) I have tried so many weight loss supplements and only recently completed a 6 week course of 10 Cytomel and 100mcgs T4 per day (Cytomel was 2 weeks on 2 weeks off). I am the same weight now as I was 10 years ago. I have been trying to find help on the following with no help at all, Affordable diet program as I am now unemployed, How to stop feeling hungry ( I have drunk water by the gallon and it does not help, but I burn more calories as I run to and from the toilet more often). THERE HAS GOT TO BE A GENUINE, EFFECTIVE AND NO BULL**** METHOD TO LOSE WEIGHT. If so, can someone help. I am limited to exercise as I cannot due to an accident and injuring my knees in the Parachute Regiment. HELP.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Diet

No fancy program just count your calories and monitor your weight

Do it pen and paper or download myfitnesspal app or use on pc

It gives you a starting estimate for your desired weight loss. Calorie counting is as foolproof as it gets.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I really like myfitnesspal its so hopefully when something doesnt have a label or counting calories. It makes it easy.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just to add, consistency is also an important factor. There are days where you may feel down, unmotivated, etc. but just keep your goal in mind and push through the tough times.

choccyswag

choccyswag

Awards
counting calories, logging EVERYTHING you eat because everything counts. Thats how I did my cut beginning of this year. You'll learn heaps about your body along the way!

It takes time, patience, and consistency to get you to your goal to lose weight. Also if you make a bad meal choice one time its ok, as long as you eat right in your other meals/days. Good luck!

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
I have been trying to lose weight for 10 years now. I am 53 yrs old, 6' 0" tall and weigh 266 lbs. (46in waist) I have tried so many weight loss supplements and only recently completed a 6 week course of 10 Cytomel and 100mcgs T4 per day (Cytomel was 2 weeks on 2 weeks off). I am the same weight now as I was 10 years ago. I have been trying to find help on the following with no help at all, Affordable diet program as I am now unemployed, How to stop feeling hungry ( I have drunk water by the gallon and it does not help, but I burn more calories as I run to and from the toilet more often). THERE HAS GOT TO BE A GENUINE, EFFECTIVE AND NO BULL**** METHOD TO LOSE WEIGHT. If so, can someone help. I am limited to exercise as I cannot due to an accident and injuring my knees in the Parachute Regiment. HELP.
Have you had your panels tested? For all the dieting, and a thyroid hormone working....you may want one trip to an endo just to be certain you are set up for success...and counting calories...yeah. I ban foods and drinks in a cut. TaliBan. HA. Keep us informed. When losing weight....I've found that forcing myself to get active EVERY single day is very effective....Not the gym, but a trail. If no exercise is possible, Ill give myself a physical task of....40 extra trips up and down the stairs at work....etc....push ups when no one is looking, Whatever you can do to break the cycle.

smithstetics

Awards
make sure to hit your macros and get in solid workouts. consistency is key

HardB0iled

HardB0iled

Awards
  • Established
I'm just curious what type of injury you sustained that prevents you from being able to exercise in any way. Is it permanent? Are you in physical therapy?

gagandugan

gagandugan

Awards
  • Established
I don't bother with any special supplements on a cut; 500 calories deficit, every single day, keeping protein high and lifting as usual results in -1 to -1.5 lbs a week. Of course, I never needed to lose a ton of weight, but the principle is the same. Once you need less food to maintain your weight, reduce calories even more and continue for 2-3 months or more.

Eating a lot of food and taking weight loss supplements does nothing, most of the time. Reducing food, however, works wonders. You stop feeling very hungry after a while. Your body needs time to adapt. It's better after two weeks, even better after a month. But yeah, you'll be hungry. That's normal. Don't buy a lot of food if that makes it easier.

Todd Garner

Todd Garner

Awards
  • Established
I agree with getting your panels checked, If somethings way off there you'll be fighting a up hill battle.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
There is no such thing as magic. It is all simple math here man. If you are not losing weight, you are not in a deficit. Forget the drugs and the supplements and focus on your diet.

Are you using a scale?

Are you planning everything you eat before you eat? If not - are you at least logging (precisely) what you eat?

For me, dieting works better if I have a plan, rather than allow myself to make decisions as I go and log it only to find out at the end of the day I blew it. Remove the decisions from your day, just follow your plan.

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Keys to weight loss success:

Pick a meal plan and stick with it every day.
Only have 1 cheat meal a week usually on weekends with Family.
Drink 1 gallon of water a day, more if needed.
Limit / Eliminate White Carbs initially (white flour, white bread, white sugar, white potatoes, white rice)
Increase lean proteins from chicken, fish, whey & eggs
Eat smaller meals. 4-5 per day if metabolism is slower, 6-7 if faster
Try to eat 2 - 3 solid meals, including some leafy green vegetable
Cut out sweet sugary vegetables like corn and carrots
Weight yourself weekly first thing in the morning on the same day each week.
Exercise at least 30 minutes per day or 1 hour every other day

Be consistent. Track your calories for the 1st few weeks, if you don't make progress adjust them down by 100-200 calories per day.

There is no magic bullet. When you fail to plan, you plan to fail...!

I don't add supplements to a weight loss/cutting cycle until all other tricks with diet and exercise have failed
and I'm stuck at a plateau for at least a month. And usually they are not needed until you get to 15% of less BF.

Last edited:
vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just want to give a shout out to those who encouraged blood work.

I still don't have a full/final answer for what's been wrong with me, but I do know that I have a small tumor on my pituitary gland that has caused a handful of important hormone levels to be off. I never would have known that had I not got blood work to see the problem and later an MRI to spot the tumor. It's so small (microadenoma / prolactinoma) that surgery isn't an option and there's been no real fix to things -- but I know it's there and what's going on.

I've always been active, played sports, lifted weights, etc. But I hit a stretch where I plateaued at 208 lbs. and a 6 pack and slowly climbed to 300 pounds over the course of 2 years (and the first 60-70 was in year 1).

I only mention all this because I thought I was crazy. Whenever I sought help or advice, I got the same answer "diet and exercise, bro." Well, I bought a BodyMedia Fit armband to measure output, measured all of my calories to the single kcal with a scale, labels, and the fitday app, and even took the unhealthy route of the hCG diet where only 500 kcal were consumed a day and after the first few days of water weight lost, I was gaining weight steadily. I had an endocronologist at a research university (published author) talking to me like an idiot -- "You see, your body is like a bank account; you have to take out more than you put in." That was after I'd explained to him the thoroughness of my notes and observations (printouts of macro/calorie intakes over weeks at a time, etc.).

So yes, the general answer here is caloric expenditure vs. RMR/BMR and caloric intake. But if you've done that and are still seeing no results (and you're sure you've been thoroughly measuring/tracking -- not just "being close" by guesstimating it), then definitely get some blood work done and go from there.

Good luck to you, OP, and anyone else who is reading this who may be in that same boat.

KilaCali

KilaCali

Banned
Awards
I would def. recommend blood work above all as well, from there you can figure out what you should and shouldn't be allowing in your diet, I would stick to the 5-6 smaller meals a day to keep your metabolism rollin. most everything else I would say has already been said so I wish you the best an hope all works out for you!

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I think we can safely say the guy doesn't need blood work. He just isn't diligent enough. He comes on and asks for help and then doesn't even stick with it long enough to get a response...forget about sticking to a diet. He didn't even stick to this thread. Maybe I'm wrong and being an ass...but blood work is almost never necessary in order to lose weight. Not a bad idea to have blood work for general health - but most of the time diets don't work because of poor design and/or poor adherence. Not because of some hormonal issue or disease. Even if you had a low thyroid you could lose weight by following the basics....eat less than you need.

KilaCali

KilaCali

Banned
Awards
^^^ LOL sorry, I had to laugh at that.. I have to agree with most of whats said there..

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think we can safely say the guy doesn't need blood work. He just isn't diligent enough. He comes on and asks for help and then doesn't even stick with it long enough to get a response...forget about sticking to a diet. He didn't even stick to this thread. Maybe I'm wrong and being an ass...but blood work is almost never necessary in order to lose weight. Not a bad idea to have blood work for general health - but most of the time diets don't work because of poor design and/or poor adherence. Not because of some hormonal issue or disease. Even if you had a low thyroid you could lose weight by following the basics....eat less than you need.
Looks like OP hasn't logged back on since 20 minutes after the thread was created.

That said, refer back to my post in regards to blood work. Almost never necessary, but there are unique situations when "doing all the right things" doesn't work. Again, a miniscule percentage, but a possibility nonetheless.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
^^^ LOL sorry, I had to laugh at that.. I have to agree with most of whats said there..
Looks like OP hasn't logged back on since 20 minutes after the thread was created.

That said, refer back to my post in regards to blood work. Almost never necessary, but there are unique situations when "doing all the right things" doesn't work. Again, a miniscule percentage, but a possibility nonetheless.
Yeah guys, I know you are trying to help...and blood work can be helpful, you aren't wrong....I am just very sarcastic (which doesn't always come across right online) and had to point out the irony.

KilaCali

KilaCali

Banned
Awards
for sure, I didn't notice until you said that though so I guess its jst one of those things maybe he jst got set back and will get on and follow some of the good advice posted in here.

David147

Awards
The only thing that helped me lose weight was my treadmill...i try to walk a mile every day...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
yeahright General Chat 14