Cutting isn't working

Qonix

Qonix

Awards
  • Established
I've started my cutting 5 weeks ago and still haven't lost any weight or bodyfat.
I'm using the same protocol as last year with diet and supplement.
Only changes I've made are:
-No more Yohimbine with EC stack
-Cheat day once every 2 weeks instead of every week
-45% carb/30% fats/25% proteins instead of hitting my protein intake and filling the remaining calories as it comes

I need advices

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Go back to the protein first diet. I know its an old school approach but its the diet that always shreds me up

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've started my cutting 5 weeks ago and still haven't lost any weight or bodyfat.
I'm using the same protocol as last year with diet and supplement.
Only changes I've made are:
-No more Yohimbine with EC stack
-Cheat day once every 2 weeks instead of every week
-45% carb/30% fats/25% proteins instead of hitting my protein intake and filling the remaining calories as it comes

I need advices
Reduce calories and increase activities.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What are you cals at now? What does your training look like?

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yea i would try lowering carbs and increasing protein and see how that works.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Calories would be nice to know

Pyro is probably right if weight loss isn't happening

Qonix

Qonix

Awards
  • Established
Proteins are already 1gr/lbs.. If I lower the carbs I'd increase fats.
Now it's 2400kcal 180 pro, 70 fat, 270 carbs. usually I stay higher on fats (around 100-110gr)

Weightlifting 4times/week 55-70 minutes per session

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
I knw it's calorie in vs calorie out but now that you dnt have eca on your side then you will have to work harder or just drop your food intake to 2k cal. For me though I have to drop that carb first. That macro split is just too carb driven.

choccyswag

choccyswag

Awards
Also remember that weightlifting doesnt burn that much calories. My coach said about 200-300 an hour at most? Its HIIT and cardio in general that will help you burn fat. Also if you play any sports that will help too. You won't be paying so much attention to kcals while having fun playing a sport compared to sitting on a treddy for an hour which is boring and feels like forever.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you aren't losing at that then you just need to decrease intake.

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
Also remember that weightlifting doesnt burn that much calories. My coach said about 200-300 an hour at most? Its HIIT and cardio in general that will help you burn fat. Also if you play any sports that will help too. You won't be paying so much attention to kcals while having fun playing a sport compared to sitting on a treddy for an hour which is boring and feels like forever.
That's because your coach only lifts 5 lb dumbbells.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you have been at 2400 cals the whole time without cardio, that is pretty good. Either add cardio or decrease cals. By your macros, I would decrease carbs. You don't want to drop your fats too low.

Qonix

Qonix

Awards
  • Established
I knw it's calorie in vs calorie out but now that you dnt have eca on your side then you will have to work harder or just drop your food intake to 2k cal. For me though I have to drop that carb first. That macro split is just too carb driven.
I'm still on ec stack.. Just without Yohimbine

choccyswag

choccyswag

Awards
That's because your coach only lifts 5 lb dumbbells.
haha..
well how much do you think a w/o will burn caloriewise?

like my polar says 650 but i know theres no way i burnt that much kcal

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
haha..
well how much do you think a w/o will burn caloriewise?

like my polar says 650 but i know theres no way i burnt that much kcal
Lol it actually depends on the person. If I wear my monitor I can hit easily above 1k jst because I'm lifting nonstop and at a high pace. I dnt wear it anymore because none of that matters if my physique doesn't improve. I adjust everything on the diet side. My work ethic in the gym is consistent, always pushing my best.

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
choccyswag dnt forget even at rest you're burning calories the monitor will count that.

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
I'm still on ec stack.. Just without Yohimbine
You look good on your avi, I think you knw how to cut properly. If it's anything maybe you can give me a few pointers. I didn't lose a lb last week.

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
choccyswag dnt forget even at rest you're burning calories the monitor will count that.
I bet you are burning considerably less calories than you think doing resistance training...

choccyswag

choccyswag

Awards
I like wearing my hrm because it tells me when my heart is beating too fast haha.

I know they are designed for cardio not weight w/o thats why i don't trust the amount it tells me i burned.

but goodvibes; you're right the results is what matters, not how many kcals burned in this or that.

Qonix

Qonix

Awards
  • Established
You look good on your avi, I think you knw how to cut properly. If it's anything maybe you can give me a few pointers. I didn't lose a lb last week.
year.. That's why I'm a bit worried.. During past years was working better but this time, 1 month from start and still no differences

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
I bet you are burning considerably less calories than you think doing resistance training...
Like I said, doesn't really matter to me. Those monitors are fairly inaccurate. I workout for two hours, Einstein pls tell me how you can gauge how much I burn or ASSume I cnt burn that much when I workout.

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
I like wearing my hrm because it tells me when my heart is beating too fast haha.

I know they are designed for cardio not weight w/o thats why i don't trust the amount it tells me i burned.

but goodvibes; you're right the results is what matters, not how many kcals burned in this or that.
Actually that's the main reason I bought one myself. When I first started running outdoors I needed to knw my heart rate so I can pace myself. Where I live it's very hilly so I couldn't tell if I'm too lax or like you said maxing my HR.

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
year.. That's why I'm a bit worried.. During past years was working better but this time, 1 month from start and still no differences
It's old age man! Haha I dnt knw some things in your life has surely changed. Metabolism slowing down, misjudged your cal intake, etc. With your past success you'll get there though. You just have to work harder this time I guess.

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Like I said, doesn't really matter to me. Those monitors are fairly inaccurate. I workout for two hours, Einstein pls tell me how you can gauge how much I burn or ASSume I cnt burn that much when I workout.
Why the attitude for muscles? I didn't say i know how many calories you are burning i said resistance training burns alot less than you think.

IMO estimating calories burned during workouts is a extra headache in your day that isnt needed ( majoring in the minors) stick to a calorie intake and adjust weekly/fortnightly depending on scale/mirror/progress in gym according to goals.

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
Why the attitude for muscles? I didn't say i know how many calories you are burning i said resistance training burns alot less than you think.

IMO estimating calories burned during workouts is a extra headache in your day that isnt needed ( majoring in the minors) stick to a calorie intake and adjust weekly/fortnightly depending on scale/mirror/progress in gym according to goals.
My bad it's the low carb diet... I get agitated. In real life I'm tamed, at least in cyber world I can be a thug sometimes. Lol

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
My bad it's the low carb diet... I get agitated. In real life I'm tamed, at least in cyber world I can be a thug sometimes. Lol
Thug? Keyboard warriors are not thugs.

If you get agitation from a low carb diet then it could mean you have chemical imbalances from the low carb diet. Neurotransmitters are a bitch sometimes.

If you're doing the "bro keto" aka lots of protein low carb and just enough fat then you will probably run into these issues.

This is from the bad relationship your body has with gluconeogenesis. The process in which your body converts amino acids into glucose.
Most people Handle this poorly because it's an inefficient process which creates a ton of waste and does some interesting chemical changes.

This is why glucose and triglycerides are a preferred energy source.

If you're doing correct keto (high fat ,moderate protein and low to no carbs) you shouldn't have this problem unless

1. You are hitting above 5 to 10% carbs
2. You have your gal bladder removed
3. You drink heavily or moderately which can effect your liver which is heavily involved in true keto diets
4. You're restrictions on calories is too low.

True keto is most often preferred in contest prep due to the satisfaction and macro to micro ratio being "the bees knees"

The more you know.

Also. I've been following closely OP. my advice is to reverse diet,get off of the ec, then go back to dieting.

Take a period of 12 to 16 weeks. Diet slow. Only decrease calories when fatloss (not scale weight often enough ) stalls.
Increase cardio to 4x a week of medium intensity cardio the last 4 weeks.
The last 9 weeks go back on ec for 6 weeks and you should be shredded. You will take those last 3 weeks to solidify the fat loss and blunt the ec "rebound" ..

Only then...increase calories but only 100 to 200 each week.

My guide to shreds.
Oh and...*drops mic* that's being a thug. Getting results son!

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established

If you get agitation from a low carb diet then it could mean you have chemical imbalances from the low carb diet. Neurotransmitters are a bitch sometimes.

If you're doing the "bro keto" aka lots of protein low carb and just enough fat then you will probably run into these issues.

This is from the bad relationship your body has with gluconeogenesis. The process in which your body converts amino acids into glucose.
Most people Handle this poorly because it's an inefficient process which creates a ton of waste and does some interesting chemical changes.

If you're doing correct keto (high fat ,moderate protein and low to no carbs) you shouldn't have this problem unless

3. You drink heavily or moderately which can effect your liver which is heavily involved in true keto diets

True keto is most often preferred in contest prep due to the satisfaction and macro to micro ratio being "the bees knees"

The more you know.

Also. I've been following closely OP. my advice is to reverse diet,get off of the ec, then go back to dieting.

Take a period of 12 to 16 weeks. Diet slow. Only decrease calories when fatloss (not scale weight often enough ) stalls.
The last 9 weeks go back on ec for 6 weeks and you should be shredded. You will take those last 3 weeks to solidify the fat loss and blunt the ec "rebound" ..

My guide to shreds.
Lol talk about over analyzing things. Is that you in real life or just an internet Dr. Oz?

My carb is low because my total cal intake is low. I'm a dude who eats above 3k a day for maintenance and is now at 2k. I love to eat so if I go on a diet I will be cranky cause I'm hungry. Chemical imbalances... Yes lack of food imbalance.

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

The more you know.

My guide to shreds.
Well that escalated quickly haha

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lol talk about over analyzing things. Is that you in real life or just an internet Dr. Oz?

My carb is low because my total cal intake is low. I'm a dude who eats above 3k a day for maintenance and is now at 2k. I love to eat so if I go on a diet I will be cranky cause I'm hungry. Chemical imbalances... Yes lack of food imbalance.
I tend to over analyze a lot but not comparable to Dr oz. Difference is science haha. Most prep coach's will give you the same talk if you blame low carb on attitude. 1k deficit is a pretty big deficit. That would explain it.

Chemical imbalances happen. You would be amazed how moods are
Affected by diet. Studied that a while back

Now trying to get into learning about genes. You'd be amazed at some of the stuff. Starting to learn about how certain genes are "switched on" via lifestyle choices. One subject that particularly interests me atm is smoking and a predisposition to cancer.

Everyone knows it can "cause" cancer but I want to know how. Specifics.

Amongst other diseases

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sometimes I get a bit carried away but the advice is solid.
Don't get me wrong that was a solid post, I say it because we were discussing minor semantics to that massive analysis appearing.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Don't get me wrong that was a solid post, I say it because we were discussing minor semantics to that massive analysis appearing.
Yep. Because internet.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
You burn 1000kcals in a weight session? What do yoy do?

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
You burn 1000kcals in a weight session? What do yoy do?
I guesstimate 100 calories if that in a session. Even at very high intensity (excluding cardio)

I would also like to know how the hell 1000 k cals is burnt. Meth?

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I guesstimate 100 calories if that in a session. Even at very high intensity (excluding cardio)

I would also like to know how the hell 1000 k cals is burnt. Meth?
That was the range I was alluding to 100 - 150ish. Thing people have to realise about our bodies is that the more we train the more efficient we become which further reduces calorie expenditure per unit of work.

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
Seriously though I was saying the monitor is inaccurate so it reads high. But I do 20min cardio and about 1.5hrs of lift. Wearing your HRM will give you that high of a reading. Like I said I dnt go by that. Now to the topic at hand, we can stop derailing this thread further. Sorry OP

Qonix

Qonix

Awards
  • Established
My fitbit charge HR says I burn 300-400kcals per workout.

BTW do you suggest to go back and use yohimbine hcl too? I would split the dose (15-20mg) with my ec stack or take the entire dosage pre workout

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
My fitbit charge HR says I burn 300-400kcals per workout.

BTW do you suggest to go back and use yohimbine hcl too? I would split the dose (15-20mg) with my ec stack or take the entire dosage pre workout
Don't take 15mg yohimbine in one dose. I wouldn't anyway. Spread through the day.

Start it with the ec if you can.

Also add forskolin as a accessory. Very synergistic.

Qonix

Qonix

Awards
  • Established
Would be useful 5mg of yohimbe hcl when I take EC even If before/after I eat carbs?

Heard of forskolin but still very pricy in Italy..

About your prior advice.. I started my cut 1 month ago, dropping kcal every 2 weeks (because I haven't seen any bodyweight/body fat change). Not sure I want to "lose" another month reverse dieting.. Not very comfortable at 15%

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Would be useful 5mg of yohimbe hcl when I take EC even If before/after I eat carbs?

Heard of forskolin but still very pricy in Italy..

About your prior advice.. I started my cut 1 month ago, dropping kcal every 2 weeks (because I haven't seen any bodyweight/body fat change). Not sure I want to "lose" another month reverse dieting.. Not very comfortable at 15%
The reverse dieting slowly like that is to counteract coming off of ephedrine while still taking advantage of supercompensation.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Coming out of a diet with a 100-200 kcal increase per week? Hell yes, 25g carbs/pro!
I personally take the 200 route for 50g of extra carbs /week. You can more easily find your new " maintenance "pretty easily this way too.

Qonix

Qonix

Awards
  • Established
The reverse dieting slowly like that is to counteract coming off of ephedrine while still taking advantage of supercompensation.
yes this is what i usually do at the end of my cutting phase

hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

Awards
  • Established
1) drop food intake 2) add Lipomorph 3) optimize your training for volume and metabolic fatigue (lots of sets, short rest periods, submaximal loads and reps). 4) idk man go on a couple grams of DNP

Jk do NOT do DNP

T

tntjr

Awards
You don't say what kind of carbs. I'd limit them to green vegetables. Nothing white (no rice, bread, wheat, sugar or even fruit). You might bump up the BCAAs if you are training with any intensity.

Qonix

Qonix

Awards
  • Established
Wait.. I'm also using "Fluaton" eye drops after my eye surgery.. It sounds ridiculous but could it influence on something?