Keto & Training advice

C

clint3612

Awards
Hey guys I'm hitting a Carb Nite inspired diet. 40 years old 5'7" @ 233lbs. Training all my life but I got super sloppy this year and put on weight. My diet is in check now, I'm training mornings now (fasted). I hit the weights always hard. My question is: Is it necessary to hit cardio while low carbing? I mean, after I'm done weight training, I'm exhausted. Is this enough? I seriously don't think I could push further without having carbs introduced. Thanks guys!

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
The type of diet doesnt reflect cardio... if you need it great, if not dont do it...

C

clint3612

Awards
That's good news man. I'm tellin ya, I'm cashed out after the weights.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Im the leanest ive ever been and havent performed dedicated cardio in a year

C

clint3612

Awards
Even better news! Are you still carb manipulating?

Dark Knight

Dark Knight

Awards
Thanks for this thread Clint. I'm about to start a diet and exercise regimen and am looking for ideas and information. I still have a lot to learn about all the lingo used on this site.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I agree with what everyone else has said. Only add cardio as needed. If you're losing weight and making progress, don't worry about doing cardio. But if you hit a plateau you might want to consider adding in some low intensity cardio post workout, or HIIT on off days