Peanut butter for breakfast

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
According to a study from the British Journal of Nutrition, consuming peanut butter breakfast can help to control blood sugar throughout the day, even after eating a high carbohydrate lunch. Also, the consumption of peanut butter increased PPY (a hormone that drives satiety or fullness feeling) thus resulting in a decreased desire to eat for up to 8-12 hours. This might make it easier to stick to their diets throughout the day.

Acute and second-meal effects of peanuts on glycaemic response and appetite in obese women with high type 2 diabetes risk: a randomised cross-over clinical trial.

Abstract
Nut consumption is associated with a reduced risk of type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM). The aim of the present study was to assess the effects of adding peanuts (whole or peanut butter) on first (0-240 min)- and second (240-490 min)-meal glucose metabolism and selected gut satiety hormone responses, appetite ratings and food intake in obese women with high T2DM risk. A group of fifteen women participated in a randomised cross-over clinical trial in which 42·5 g of whole peanuts without skins (WP), peanut butter (PB) or no peanuts (control) were added to a 75 g available carbohydrate-matched breakfast meal. Postprandial concentrations (0-490 min) of glucose, insulin, NEFA, glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1), peptide YY (PYY), cholecystokinin (CCK), appetitive sensations and food intake were assessed after breakfast treatments and a standard lunch. Postprandial NEFA incremental AUC (IAUC) (0-240 min) and glucose IAUC (240-490 min) responses were lower for the PB breakfast compared with the control breakfast. Insulin concentrations were higher at 120 and 370 min after the PB consumption than after the control consumption. Desire-to-eat ratings were lower, while PYY, GLP-1 and CCK concentrations were higher after the PB intake compared with the control intake. WP led to similar but non-significant effects. The addition of PB to breakfast moderated postprandial glucose and NEFA concentrations, enhanced gut satiety hormone secretion and reduced the desire to eat. The greater bioaccessibility of the lipid component in PB is probably responsible for the observed incremental post-ingestive responses between the nut forms. Inclusion of PB, and probably WP, to breakfast may help to moderate glucose concentrations and appetite in obese women.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Breakfast is my highest fat meal but from eggs

In for the Belgian diet study
Chocolate breakfast (serious)

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Most mornings I just grab a shake or don't eat for breakfast. I might start adding a tbsp of PB to my shakes or just having some peanut butter in the mornings before I go. Curious to see if I noticed any reduced hunger feelings or cravings throughout the day.

JFarmer1

Awards
I belive this whole heartedly!! There for a long time right after my workout when I first started dieting I would eat 2 tablespoons right out of the jar. That would be all I needed to calm the hunger down till I could get a chance to have a meal. It may be several hours and it would help keep me calm!!!!! Hangry! !!!!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I always have eggs a whole wheat bagel with PB on it so i'm good. ha

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Isn't Ezekiel bread & peanut butter a complete protein?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
According to a study from the British Journal of Nutrition, consuming peanut butter breakfast can help to control blood sugar throughout the day, even after eating a high carbohydrate lunch. Also, the consumption of peanut butter increased PPY (a hormone that drives satiety or fullness feeling) thus resulting in a decreased desire to eat for up to 8-12 hours. This might make it easier to stick to their diets throughout the day.
What did the control eat instead?

DEE151

DEE151

Awards
Isn't Ezekiel bread & peanut butter a complete protein?
i use daves killer bread and almond butter, peanutbuter is good, but its not good fats, bad fats..
daves killer bread has complex carbs...

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Almond butter is ok, but I prefer peanut butter.

Also, the only "bad" fat is trans fat. The fat in peanuts is also "good"fat

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Almond butter is ok, but I prefer peanut butter.

Also, the only "bad" fat is trans fat. The fat in peanuts is also "good"fat
Almond butter is soo dammm expensive

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I go to the food banks out here were I live, they always have lots of jars...
So its free.. :)
That's not very nice. Aren't food banks for the homeless and needy?

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I go to the food banks out here were I live, they always have lots of jars...
So its free.. :)
Srs?
That's not very nice. Aren't food banks for the homeless and needy?
^^ this.

Food banks are for those who can't afford enough food for themselves or their family.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Srs?

^^ this.

Food banks are for those who can't afford enough food for themselves or their family.
Morally speaking its wrong but over here immigrants wipe the banks out on a daily basis and the actual tax paying citizens get turned away

DEE151

DEE151

Awards
lol, bro i got a 4yr old son, plus custody of my 2 brothers that are 17yrs old and my girls oldest son is also 17yrs old, so we got mouths to feed, them boys can eat, so towards the the end of the month we hit a food bank up, trust me im not poor and out here were i live alot of ppl that are well hit the food banks up,
I got a good job and drive a bad ass clean car ...

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
lol, bro i got a 4yr old son, plus custody of my 2 brothers that are 17yrs old and my girls oldest son is also 17yrs old, so we got mouths to feed, them boys can eat, so towards the the end of the month we hit a food bank up, trust me im not poor and out here were i live alot of ppl that are well hit the food banks up,
No disrespect but who gives a phukk what you drive

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
haha why you sound mad, hater...
Not mad at all and definitely not hating... the type of vehicle you drive is irrelevant to anything in this thread

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sounds like you need to rethink your priorities some. If you have a well paying job and drive a "bad ass clean car" yet struggle to provide peanut butter for the children in your care, it would seem that your hierarchy of what is important is a bit off

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
So you're saying my oatmeal,whey and peanutbutter breakfast is science?

SCIENCE! FARK YEAH!

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
gotta love science
Next thing you know they will say chocolate is good for you....

*goes to Google and sees chocolate studies *

Oh MY LORD! Finally my addiction to Reese's chocolate peanut butter cups is scientifically justifiable!

Now if only a study for donuts would surface....

I have a sweet tooth in case you haven't noticed but seriously. I like studies like this.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

TestMe24

TestMe24

Awards
Next thing you know they will say chocolate is good for you....

*goes to Google and sees chocolate studies *

Oh MY LORD! Finally my addiction to Reese's chocolate peanut butter cups is scientifically justifiable!

Now if only a study for donuts would surface....

I have a sweet tooth in case you haven't noticed but seriously. I like studies like this.
bc people cant grasp the simple concept of moderation.

and people will hear "studies have shown" and take it as gospel. wont even look into the parameters of the study, and compare it to how it would apply to their unique situation. or if the study was even controlled enough to be scientifically sound. not to mention there are a **** ton of studies where subjects self report. you cant trust people not to lie on a diet/exercise study. be all like "yeah man im training 3x a day amd eating 1200cals. idk why i gained 10lbs last week"

brb gonna say a prayer for humanity

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
bc people cant grasp the simple concept of moderation.

and people will hear "studies have shown" and take it as gospel. wont even look into the parameters of the study, and compare it to how it would apply to their unique situation. or if the study was even controlled enough to be scientifically sound. not to mention there are a **** ton of studies where subjects self report. you cant trust people not to lie on a diet/exercise study. be all like "yeah man im training 3x a day amd eating 1200cals. idk why i gained 10lbs last week"

brb gonna say a prayer for humanity
But...game of thrones was on and that was the time I was supposed to do cardio :p

I see what your sayin. I also like peanutbutter. Study or not. Nomnom

choccyswag

choccyswag

Awards
Breakfast is my highest fat meal but from eggs

In for the Belgian diet study
Chocolate breakfast (serious)
so I need to visit belgium as well now (serious lol)

choccyswag

choccyswag

Awards
Lotsa PB here are peanuts with the peanut oil taken out and replaced with vegie oil :(

Oh, there is the 'natural' PB with peanut oil too, but they cost twice as much. I really don't get that.

ufusannon

Awards
peanut is bad for your diet so just avoid it.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
peanut is bad for your diet so just avoid it.
Dude I don't know where you came from but your troll level is on high so far today

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dude I don't know where you came from but your troll level is on high so far today
Hahaha, yessss!!!! I woke up to the same sh*t!