Time to Lean, Critique My Meal Plan

modmustang97g

Awards
I finished a bulk a while back and have been trying to get leaned down now. So far I've been eating around 3000 calories a day since the bulk, and have maintained pretty well so far. The meal plan I outlined below should land me around 2750 calories.

Just after waking
4 Egg Whites Scrambled
1 Cup white rice

Breakfast
Syntha 6 Protein shake - 2 scoop
1 cup cooked oatmeal

Post Workout/Lunch
12 oz. Chicken Breast
1 Cup white rice
1 Cup broccoli

Dinner
This one is a bit flexible. I eat what my wife makes, but I make sure it is high in protein and avoid extra carbs and fat.
Average is about 600 calories and 50-100g of protein

Late Night
Slow Burning Protein Shake

This should be around...
171g Carbs
58g Fat
343g Protein

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Assuming more nutritious food than broccoli with one meal, good to go

modmustang97g

Awards
Thats a good point. Dinner will include some sort of quality vegetable

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Thats a good point. Dinner will include some sort of quality vegetable
I like my winter mix, brocc, cauli, and carrots.

Or I do a stir sty on occasion for tons

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looks pretty solid too me.

You can try some sort of chicken stir fry for dinner. Easy way to get some extra veggies

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
For sure! definitely looks like a solid diet!

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Protein seems quite high, but I don't know what your bodyweight is or what your current macros are. Also note that those macros total out to only about 2550 cals. Looks pretty solid to me though

modmustang97g

Awards
My bodyweight is 238 currently. This diet should be a slow burn and allow me to keep gaining muscle. The extra protein will aid in that.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Looks good. I may drop protein down some. It can be argued that it is fine since you're cutting. It isn't too high, you're under 1.5g/lb of bodyweight. See how it goes. Personally, I would opt for a little more fat, but that is because it helps keeping me feeling full.

modmustang97g

Awards
Well. Its been 1 week so far and I have more energy and feel a little better in general. Im hungry during the break between lunch and dinner, but it is ok. My lifts are still growing, bo strength loss. And so far down 8 lbs. Im sure alot is water, but damn, pretty encouraging so far.

modmustang97g

Awards
Alright. Almost end of week 4. Im down from 243 to 232 this morning. But 2 weeks ago I was at 225. I know water weight will make a big difference, but what the hell. Could it be me putting on muscle again? Im a little pissed. Last week I hovered at 229 and then this morning it crept up. Hopefully this is a slight back track before I woosh, but it is damn frustrating.

MMAMONSTER19

Awards
  • Established
wake up 20 min fasted walk

Drop rice for breakfast use 1 cup oatmeal

swap protein shake and eat some eggs, and egg whites no carbs till after gym

post workout right after gym have a shake and a banana

post workout meal/lunch add 1 cup white rice to it

dinner whatever the wife makes add 1/2 cup white rice

if your training hard enough this slight change should help you drop some extra pounds, take it or leave it, looks like my diet I average 1-2 pounds a week depending on cardio.

cheers to ya and good luck on your quest

SkylineLvr

SkylineLvr

Awards
Have you tried doing a morning fast? It might not work for everyone, but for me I won't eat for about 3 hours after I wake up. I'll have a cup of coffee or 2, but that's it.

I'm currenlty doing the Carb Nite diet and have noticed some positive weight loss. Granted, most of it is water weight, but since I've started, I lost about 10 lbs (started at 234, now around 223-225). I've only been on it for 10 days, but the difference in how my stomach looks is amazing. I'm nowhere near where I want to be, but I'm making positive strides. Some people love this diet, others hate it. It's not for everyone, and I honestly think that the morning fast is really what is benefiting me the most.

Hopefully you're able to get past this hump quickly and start to hit your goals. Best of luck.

thu_hobbit

Awards
  • Established
Looks pretty solid too me.

You can try some sort of chicken stir fry for dinner. Easy way to get some extra veggies
if you make a stir fry, check out the amino acid complex they have on amazon. it tastes just like teryaki sauce but its good for you and you wont be ingesting all that sodium from a traditional soy sauce stir fry...plus cutting back on sodium intake might help ya stop soem of your water retention