Who's cutting and how's it going?

Chrisehyoung

Chrisehyoung

Awards
Just checking to see how everyone's summer cut is going. So far I am doing better than anticipated. Mind you, that could be due to having a couple of teeth pulled as well as some changes in living conditions but i'll take it.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I'm about 6 weeks into my cut, been carb cycling and slowly lowering calories as needed to keep the weight loss going. I just started running EC 2 weeks ago. Progress has been slow and steady, but I'm happy with my progress. Its easy to cut when it hurts to eat! Hahaha. Keep up the good work man!

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
i started my cut a few weeks go. 500mg teste ew and 60-80mg var ed, var for a few more , test for 8 more

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Truthfully probably just gunna run norcodrene and critique my diet and training routine.

JFarmer1

Awards
I've been working since the first of the year to get into shape and so far 32 pounds down. Running 17 proandro and starting target a2. I just started carb back loading and in just a couple days I feel a difference in a good way!!

Levyii

Levyii

Awards
  • Established
Been on my cut since January but have been lifting heavy enough to build muscle as well so it's slow going but going great! Started at 123, down to 115 and still going

TyMan14

TyMan14

Awards
  • Established
Ive been cutting since the first of Feb. Started at about 235 and am currently at 209 and have been the last 3-4 weeks and cant get it to budge. I tried dropping cals, then manipulating cardio, then changing training, and now Im not sure what else to do. Either way, Im at my leanest Ive ever been (12%ish) so I cant really complain there. Im also running tta as of last week so Im probably holding on to a few extra pounds of water.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ive been cutting since the first of Feb. Started at about 235 and am currently at 209 and have been the last 3-4 weeks and cant get it to budge. I tried dropping cals, then manipulating cardio, then changing training, and now Im not sure what else to do. Either way, Im at my leanest Ive ever been (12%ish) so I cant really complain there. Im also running tta as of last week so Im probably holding on to a few extra pounds of water.
How do you like the TTA?

Chrisehyoung

Chrisehyoung

Awards
Have you considered adding in a fat burner? Could help give you a boost. I find that when I get stuck I take a day and eat a ton. I always drop a some pounds a few days later.

TyMan14

TyMan14

Awards
  • Established
Currently using bronkaid with Epi burn pro for my caffeine source. Have some Sns synephrine coming as I've had good luck with it in the past. Still can't break past it. And I'm on my phone so I can't multi quite, but to the poster above,
Tta has always treated me very well. This is the first time I've ran it up to 1.5g a day so maybe I'm holding more water than I'm used to. Diet is at 2750 for cals and I do very high volume training (20-30) sets per muscle group and I do 8 minutes of hiit post workout so Im not sure what the issue is

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Currently using bronkaid with Epi burn pro for my caffeine source. Have some Sns synephrine coming as I've had good luck with it in the past. Still can't break past it. And I'm on my phone so I can't multi quite, but to the poster above,
Tta has always treated me very well. This is the first time I've ran it up to 1.5g a day so maybe I'm holding more water than I'm used to. Diet is at 2750 for cals and I do very high volume training (20-30) sets per muscle group and I do 8 minutes of hiit post workout so Im not sure what the issue is
What are you macros? 2750 is a good spot to be at if you're cutting, you have some room to work with. I would suggest dropping 2-300 cals and see if that helps you. Also read into carb cycling. I'm not sure what your current macros are, but it sounds like you're eating 2750 every day consistently. Give us a little more info on the diet so we can give you better advice!

TyMan14

TyMan14

Awards
  • Established
Currently at 300p 225c 90fat (give or take a few to make sure it fits my calorie count for the day). I've tried low carb and my body is not down with that. I found that keeping my carbs somewhat high really made a difference. And even with the Epi burn and ephedrine my appetite is insane and I feel like I'm starving. I've looked at carb cycling and may give it a try. According to my fitbit I'm burning through 3400 cals a day on average through activity and my bodily functions. I'm 209lbs, 6 foot 2, around 12-13% bf right now. I also should mention that I'm only 18 years old (yes supps are heavy for an 18 year old. I've been training since I was 13 and started at 280lbs and now have a solid foundation to finally get super lean. I've done my homework on supps (started researching here 3 years ago so I def have an Idea what's going on))

TyMan14

TyMan14

Awards
  • Established
I'm also Doing IF throughout the week eating a 12pm-8pm window however on the weekends that usually gets messed up. I sip 1 scoop of finaflex bcaa+saa during my fasting time to keep myself sane and have something that tastes good(I hate plain water). I do drink 1.5g water a day as well. I really don't know what the issue is here.

Sorry to hijack the thread, OP

scoooter

scoooter

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I don't "cut" per se however I have been using Combustion as a free sample for log and it's provided some interesting effects. It does reduce the cravings and hunger to a certain degree. My body type is typically lean to begin with so I try to eat lean and make smart food choices.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, the water retention should come off after a few days off of the TTA. I would stay the course if you have been losing, and just wait for the water drop to reveal the true loss :)

TyMan14

TyMan14

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, the water retention should come off after a few days off of the TTA. I would stay the course if you have been losing, and just wait for the water drop to reveal the true loss :)
Thats the plan. Not sure if Im gonna do 6 or 8 weeks with the TTA quite yet.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
30mgs ostarine 12weeks
50mg arimistane 8weeks
10mg yhcl 12weeks
280mg caffeine 12weeks
3 caps recompadrol pre bed

Or bridge into hdrol/tren/epiandro

2000cal low carb diet, high volume training

TyMan14

TyMan14

Awards
  • Established
30mgs ostarine 12weeks
50mg arimistane 8weeks
10mg yhcl 12weeks
280mg caffeine 12weeks
3 caps recompadrol pre bed

Or bridge into hdrol/tren/epiandro

2000cal low carb diet, high volume training
Sounds like Someone wants to get super shredded!

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sitting at 11% down from 13% in 1 month.... Then dead stop plateau. I cut down by eating the same thing every day IF protocol

Post workout was an isopure RTD, egg white omelette with chicken peppers and onions, and a Cobb salad (salad, avocado, bacon, tomato, onion, and chicken) and a pure protein bar

Second meal (2-3 hours pre bed) was a quest bar and a labrada lean body RTD or pes select shake w almond milk and a tablespoon or two of coconut oil. Didn't count macros at all but it's estimated right around 2,000 50% protein 30% fat and 20% carb (from fiber and sugar alcohol)

I can't seem to drop anymore body fat and have gotten softer and flatter. I even tried refreeding. Stims, increasing AND decreasing cardio and lifting volume.... All to no avail.

Advice/critique please. I am gonna start EC soon but would like to hold off til June if possible.

I am 5'7 163 26 years old

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
Cleaned up my diet 3 weeks ago and I'm down 6-7lbs so far. Will run eca stack tomorrow. Then I'll jump on osta/gw when I hit 170lbs because any number below that I feel small.

Reverse diet will start with recompadrol, then ara/f95 for about 12 weeks.

Mongoose6401

Awards
Been cutting/recomping about a month now.
Running:
Ostapure 30mg/day
Alphamine 2 scoops morning
Multi/fish oil/d3
Legion Supplements Phoenix
Norcodrene 2 caps pre-lunch
Anabeta Elite breakfast/lunch
Formeron 2 pumps/day

I'm 28 6'1 and went from 255 to 245 in a month with little to no strength loss. Got a little fat over the winter too many peanut butter m&ms this winter lol.

Chomping at the bit to start my epiandro/h drol cutting cycle in about 6 more weeks to finish the cut. Only have 1 cycle of dmz 2.0 under my belt. Should have started with h drol but you live and learn

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Sitting at 11% down from 13% in 1 month.... Then dead stop plateau. I cut down by eating the same thing every day IF protocol

Post workout was an isopure RTD, egg white omelette with chicken peppers and onions, and a Cobb salad (salad, avocado, bacon, tomato, onion, and chicken) and a pure protein bar

Second meal (2-3 hours pre bed) was a quest bar and a labrada lean body RTD or pes select shake w almond milk and a tablespoon or two of coconut oil. Didn't count macros at all but it's estimated right around 2,000 50% protein 30% fat and 20% carb (from fiber and sugar alcohol)

I can't seem to drop anymore body fat and have gotten softer and flatter. I even tried refreeding. Stims, increasing AND decreasing cardio and lifting volume.... All to no avail.

Advice/critique please. I am gonna start EC soon but would like to hold off til June if possible.

I am 5'7 163 26 years old
Fat loss plateaus can be real frustrating, I really struggled to get lean while doing IF for some reason. If you're planning to start EC in June, I would take the next few weeks and increase calories a little bit and see what happens. It sounds like your body needs a break. It seems like you're eating a lot of processed food though, lots of shakes and protein bars, which isn't optimal.

I would try to increase calories 2-300 for a few weeks and see how your body responds. Do you know what your maintenance is? 2000 is pretty low, but in some cases to get really lean you may have to cut down to even lower calories. I know for me, coming into a show when I'm 8-9% body fat I'm only eating 1800 calories a day, and I weigh 185 on stage. I would also suggest reading into carb cycling. Choose 2 days week where you're doing a lot of volume, like leg day and back day, and up your carbs and lower your fats on those days. And on your rest days consume less carbs. I've always had good results carb cycling, and it can still be beneficial while you're doing IF. Hopefully this is helpful, being stuck is never fun. But sometimes you have to take a step backwards first, so eating a little extra and giving your body a break for a few weeks might make a world of difference. Good luck man!

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Been cutting/recomping about a month now.
Running:
Ostapure 30mg/day
Alphamine 2 scoops morning
Multi/fish oil/d3
Legion Supplements Phoenix
Norcodrene 2 caps pre-lunch
Anabeta Elite breakfast/lunch
Formeron 2 pumps/day

I'm 28 6'1 and went from 255 to 245 in a month with little to no strength loss. Got a little fat over the winter too many peanut butter m&ms this winter lol.

Chomping at the bit to start my epiandro/h drol cutting cycle in about 6 more weeks to finish the cut. Only have 1 cycle of dmz 2.0 under my belt. Should have started with h drol but you live and learn
Im going the hdrol/epiandro route myself

scoooter

scoooter

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
is long term single digit fat percentage healthy ? I understand its use for a performance on stage but is still ok year round ?

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
is long term single digit fat percentage healthy ? I understand its use for a performance on stage but is still ok year round ?
if you can maintain it and not feel like ****, and be able to lift hard and keep your size, then it shouldn't be a problem

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm realizing that yea... Calories are in check but the processed bars and shake at night could just be screwing w me at this point since I know breaking into 10 and under land is the hardest to do. I may just keep them in the diet now and once ec starts, really get strict. I fear adding in any cals at this point, but part of me feels like It may be good to reverse diet for a week... Not sure what to do.

Mongoose6401

Awards
Im going the hdrol/epiandro route myself
Nice. I'm hoping it will be a real dry solid cut/recomp. I might throw in some dermacrine I have lying around as well to help with lethargy and prevent hair loss.

scoooter

scoooter

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm realizing that yea... Calories are in check but the processed bars and shake at night could just be screwing w me at this point since I know breaking into 10 and under land is the hardest to do. I may just keep them in the diet now and once ec starts, really get strict. I fear adding in any cals at this point, but part of me feels like It may be good to reverse diet for a week... Not sure what to do.
I've only read this but it sounds justified. The body wants to remain balanced, so if your on low calories for a while it will adjust and slow metabolism and go into a "protect" mode to reserve energy / fuel. I think the strategy used to manipulate this is calorie cycling low/high. I've never tried it but in theory it reads like it'd work.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I would suggest eating at maintenance cals for a week and just see how you're feeling and how you're looking. Its only a week, so its not like it'll impact your progress, and it'll most likely be of benefit. It may also be a case of taking your calories lower, but I would suggest figuring out your exact macros now and find out what your intake is, instead of a rough calorie estimate, so you can begin to tweak carbs and fats as needed to drop down into shredded territory.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I wouldn't call what I'm doing cutting, as I'm nowhere near being "cut." :)
But, started a few weeks ago getting serious about losing/recomping, and it's going well.
25mg Ostarine daily
12 tabs Androhard daily
2 caps Norcodrene AM and PM
Just added Ep1c Unleashed yesterday.
Weight: 231.

Chrisehyoung

Chrisehyoung

Awards
I've been sick all week and can't keep any food in. It's doing wonders for my cut. lol

JFarmer1

Awards
Pedialyte, or electrolyte mix to avoid dehydration...
Pedialyt is a good idea! I've been having issues with dehydration here lately and never thought of that! Meijer here I come lol

Battossi

Awards
Running a mini cut. Started today and will last 4 weeks with no refeed.

Levyii

Levyii

Awards
  • Established
I can't wait to eat more food....my cut is 4 months going strong, not stopping until I hit about 15% BF then a lean bulk will commence!

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I can't wait to eat more food....my cut is 4 months going strong, not stopping until I hit about 15% BF then a lean bulk will commence!
I'm two months in and stuck at 11% but have supps on the way to help! Planning on keeping cutting to 9% or 8 if possible until sept! Wanna be at 10 by end of May tho. September-March is my lean bulk and carbsssss cannot wait

Levyii

Levyii

Awards
  • Established
I'm two months in and stuck at 11% but have supps on the way to help! Planning on keeping cutting to 9% or 8 if possible until sept! Wanna be at 10 by end of May tho. September-March is my lean bulk and carbsssss cannot wait
Yeah man I hear ya. Been stuck for a few weeks now after a steady 1lb a week loss.....guess those beers during hockey playoffs was a bad idea haha

xflipside

Awards
  • Best Answer
300 test e
900 EQ
450 mast e
15mg/albu

First 12 weeks was just test and EQ...gained 10lbs LBM lost 3 lbs fat. Recomp phase.
These last 3 weeks added mast..been on albu for 1 week... down 13 lbs lol. Pretty sure 90% of it is water. Really cut down sodium recently from about 3g to 1.5g and increased potassium by about 1.5grams. Top it off with increasing water by .5gal and adding the mast and albuterol along with 3 extra 20min cardio sessions Ive really dropped a lot of water. Out of the 13lbs Id say 10 water 3 fat. Maybe more fat its hard to tell since less subcutaneous water looks like fat burned

Chrisehyoung

Chrisehyoung

Awards
This cut is not going as well as planned. I'm down a few pounds but I feel like i'm looking smaller and less defined. Can't wait to get down some more so I can start bulking again. lol

Chrisehyoung

Chrisehyoung

Awards
Took measurements on the first of the month as I always do. I'm down from 194.4 on April first to 184 on May first. I just hit the last notch on the new belt I bought back in November and my jeans are getting pretty loose in the waist but not in the legs. I'll take that as a good sign.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I wouldn't call what I'm doing cutting, as I'm nowhere near being "cut." :)
But, started a few weeks ago getting serious about losing/recomping, and it's going well.
25mg Ostarine daily
12 tabs Androhard daily
2 caps Norcodrene AM and PM
Just added Ep1c Unleashed yesterday.
Weight: 231.
How are things going?

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
Into week 4 of my cut!

Battossi

Awards
Down 1 lb but now that my sinus infection is better ish and my shin splints have disappeared I can make the most out of 3 more weeks.

kdubson14

Awards
  • Established
My weight has gone up .325 lbs but I'm looking significantly leaner and my BF% on the same Tanita BIA scale has dropped 2% in 2.5 weeks, while apparently putting on 4lbs of LBM(guessing glycogen+water)? Not a clue.

Hip/lower ab measurements are down.

I take measurements/weight daily first thing AM and track week-by-week averages in excel

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Serious question/concern

Even with stims and adequate calories I am feeling like complete garbage. Carbs are 20-50g daily MAX and feel like Crap and am totally plateaued. Short of breath and headaches chronically... What should I do?

Battossi

Awards
Serious question/concern

Even with stims and adequate calories I am feeling like complete garbage. Carbs are 20-50g daily MAX and feel like Crap and am totally plateaued. Short of breath and headaches chronically... What should I do?
Eat more carbs probably. Or...

Do a refeed 2x a week. This can help mitigate low carb side effects like headaches.

Just add in 300 calories worth of carbs.

Some people are more prone to low carb side effects on the neurotransmitter side which is the cause for the crap feeling generally

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Serious question/concern

I'm not sure what your current diet plan is. Are you trying to do keto? Because 20-50g would put you into ketosis, which would make you feel like complete garbarge for a week or so until your body adjusts to producing ketones for fuel instead of relying on glucose from carbohydrates. Are you trying to do keto?

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm not sure what your current diet plan is. Are you trying to do keto? Because 20-50g would put you into ketosis, which would make you feel like complete garbarge for a week or so until your body adjusts to producing ketones for fuel instead of relying on glucose from carbohydrates. Are you trying to do keto?
No I've done keto before and this definitely wouldn't qualify.. But there's no starchy carbs. Any carbs are coming strictly from vegetables and trace amounts in protein / almond milk whatever it may be. When I do keto I don't even have veggies.. Just legit all meat and i didn't wanna do that. I've been on this about 6-7 weeks now. Initial results were incredible. Now going on 3 weeks where I'm soft and feel like and look like crap. I have tried two refeeds and they literally did nothing

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
No I've done keto before and this definitely wouldn't qualify.. But there's no starchy carbs. Any carbs are coming strictly from vegetables and trace amounts in protein / almond milk whatever it may be. When I do keto I don't even have veggies.. Just legit all meat and i didn't wanna do that. I've been on this about 6-7 weeks now. Initial results were incredible. Now going on 3 weeks where I'm soft and feel like and look like crap. I have tried two refeeds and they literally did nothing
Just because you're eating some vegetables doesn't mean your body can't hit ketosis. Every time I've done a keto diet I've done pretty much what you're doing now, no starchy carbs and vegetables only, and I got into ketosis. So that may be what is causing you to feel so awful. Is there a reason you are keeping your carbs so low? What are your daily macros and daily calorie intake?

Chrisehyoung

Chrisehyoung

Awards
In the last month I've lost a full inch off my waist and and inch and a half from my hip area without losing anything off my chest, shoulder, arm, or thigh measurements. I'm accepting that as solid progress. By the end of May I should be at it very close to my targets should I keep this pace up.