Help!!!!!!

kdaniel2

kdaniel2

Awards
I weigh 166 I am 5'5 for 3 weeks I ate about 1150 calories a day. I ate 80-90 g of carbs, 44g of fat and 125g of protein. I did HITT cardio on the treadmill 3 times a week. I walked at 3.5 for five mins then jogged at 5.2 for five minutes. Then for 30 seconds I'd sprint at 7.5/8.0 and walk at 3.7 for 90 secs for 9 intervals with a cool down! 2 days a week Id jog at 5.0 for 20 minutes and walk at 3.5 for 10 mins. I'd do legs 2 days a week and arms 1. I did not lose 1pound. I'm not sure if I'm not eating enough or what but it's hard to keep motivated when I gave my all and no progress for 3 weeks. Some research says eat a ton of calories and a ton of carbs to lose weight while others say less of both. I log everything I eat in fitness pal period!

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
99% of the time I would say you tracked wrong

I've never had a client (lighter or heavier than you) eat below 1500

kdaniel2

kdaniel2

Awards
Did I track wrong or am I eating too little? Tracking calories I do that well but I did set my calories to 1200

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Did I track wrong or am I eating too little? Tracking calories I do that well but I did set my calories to 1200
Why are you only eating 1200cals?

kdaniel2

kdaniel2

Awards
Idk I read so many conflicting fitness sites and diet plans that say I should! I workout hard though so it could be an issue!

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Idk I read so many conflicting fitness sites and diet plans that say I should! I workout hard though so it could be an issue!
Only an extreme diet or poor site would have you at 1200

I'm a little confused if you lost nothing at those cals

But regardless would increase to at least 1500 minimum.
You're more active and heavier than my wife and eating 1000 cals less

kdaniel2

kdaniel2

Awards
Ok thank you I did my Tdee on a few sites and I should be between 1500 and 1800. I mean I workout hard so maybe my body was going into starvation mode! Whatever it is it's not right!

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Ok thank you I did my Tdee on a few sites and I should be between 1500 and 1800. I mean I workout hard so maybe my body was going into starvation mode! Whatever it is it's not right!
It's not right at all.

I would track very closely and start increasing those calories.

If it jumps week one don't freak out it will fluctuate more at first.

I have a group on FB, or there are many around for support

kdaniel2

kdaniel2

Awards
Ok what is your group on FB? It had to be too little because after my workouts I was dead tired! I thank you for taking the time to help!

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Its a private group for locals and clients but I PM'd you

Lots of good reading and ask anything you want

Feel free to flag me down here too lots of knowledge if you search around

max d

Awards
  • Established
99% of the time I would say you tracked wrong

I've never had a client (lighter or heavier than you) eat below 1500
Most of the time when people tell me they can't lose weight they aren't tracking calories close enough. When cals get low people tend to lie to themselves. I travel for work and eat out a lot. If you have to make a guesstimate during a cut be more conservative on your portion size when tracking. Also, if you start using a scale... Or even just a measuring cup you will be shocked to see what true serving sizes look like. Hope you are able to start dopping those pounds. Good luck!

kdaniel2

kdaniel2

Awards
I believe mines were too low because I weighed and measured everything daily! Thank u for your advice!

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
You came to the right place. I see you got some great advice already. I hope you're able to figure things out.

Chrisehyoung

Chrisehyoung

Awards
My experience when cutting is that I can go 6 days without the scale moving then have my regular Saturday "cheat meal" where I boost calories significantly then two days later the scale drops. If you truly are measuring and calculating properly and not losing then you could look into adding a fat burner into your arsenal. Most apps for measuring calories are only 80-90% accurate. What many people forget is to add in things like sauces and condiments. Many apps also overestimate calories burned for working out. It sounds to me like you are doing everything right but double check your tracking and numbers.

kdaniel2

kdaniel2

Awards
I never add my cardio because how hard someone works out variates. I eat clean so I'm not using condiments. If I make a stir fry with tamari sauce and rice wine vinegar I add that in as well! I track everything! I measure tablespoons, teaspoons and cups. I don't freehand anything. I may try to add a fat burner and hopefully that will help! I am also increasing my calories! Thank u so much for your advice!

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its a private group for locals and clients but I PM'd you

Lots of good reading and ask anything you want

Feel free to flag me down here too lots of knowledge if you search around
Hmm, I'd like to share this FB page with my wife. Can you PM me the name as well?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Hmm, I'd like to share this FB page with my wife. Can you PM me the name as well?
If you have FB I would friend you as well brother

But PM coming