help with a diet to burn fat.

JFarmer1

Awards
So I've been dieting for 2 months now and hit the gym 5 days a week for an hour each day. I lift 3 days, run and bike 1 day and 1 day of crossfit. I eat alot of chicken and brown rice , veggies and turkey. I use a good preworkout, bcaa, protein powder and just started an 8 week cycle of 17andro. I lose 2 to 3 pounds a week but have never had a muscle builder look. Advice please.
32 yo
224 # was 251
1800 calories per day
29% bf. :(

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
If you are losing 2-3 a week you do not need a diet to burn fat

If you want muscle, cut slower than that and have a high protein intake

At that BF% you can get away with both if you lift heavy and eat right, but not indefinitely

JFarmer1

Awards
So instead of the lower weight high reps I do, I should do less reps high weight?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
So instead of the lower weight high reps I do, I should do less reps high weight?
Sorry i just meant to challenge yourself high reps can work as well

Just make sure you are progressing and able to use heavier weights in time

JFarmer1

Awards
Right on!! I make myself add at least 5 pounds of weight to each excersize each week to ensure I'm not losing strength. I know that's not alot but it means I'm making some gain with my weight loss

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
If you are losing weight and lifting more at these rates you do not need help brother,

You are doing things right :)

Best of luck on your journey

Something to consider in running a progress log here it really keeps you on track knowing we are following along and we give tips to get past any difficulties or stalls along the way

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sound like you are on track. Great work on the weight loss. Give it more time and you will see results. 2 months is just the beginning. I have found other people will notice long before you ever will. It takes a long time for you to see yourself different in the mirror.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
If you want to build muscle musclei would stay in the 8-12 rep range. Also i think you may want to increase your calories by adding in more protein. Like they said tho your progress speaks for itself so keeep it up!

JFarmer1

Awards
I will check that out!! I've been thinking I should drop the reps and crank the weight! !

r3zy

Awards
I found lifting heavy worked better for me, so my main lifts (Bench,Squat,Dead) would be focused at 5x5 or even 3x5 with assistance work around that. But I also changed my routine regular as well. Not saying this will work for you, kust giving you my experience. I was 23% bf when I started training, and I fluctuate between 12-16% depending on time of the year, holidays, Christmas etc. But if you're losing 2lbs a week and strength is increasing keep at it, and once it starts to slow down, maybe switch it up a bit

JFarmer1

Awards
Thanks for the advice!!! Several years ago I lost some weight heavy lifting. I may just give that a whorl my next cycle for a change of pace!!!

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What does a typical lifting session look like for you? What's your volume like?

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey man, if you want a pretty good idea on a solid diet, check out this link.

The Ultimate Cutting Diet - Devised By Pro Natural Bodybuilder Layne Norton | SimplyShredded.com

Layne Norton is kind of a genius, and he does a great job of explaining the reasons you want to choose certain foods and certain amounts of macronutrients in this article.

Just to add to your information arsenal!
Layne is a very knowledgeable man for sure. Not sure I agree with his "ecto, meso, endo" categories, though ;) How old is that article? It seems out of date.

I think his protein recommendations in that article are a bit over the top.

David147

Awards
The best way to lose weight without dieting is to, limit ur portions, eat healthy (healthy eating doesn't mean dieting) going on a walk everyday for 30-60mins, and do not eat under 1000 calories a day (when i say eat, i mean digest) If u don't when u actually do it your body will not be "awake" so when u do eat the body will take longer to process, which in turn, will make u gain weight, hope this helps :)

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The best way to lose weight without dieting is to, limit ur portions, eat healthy (healthy eating doesn't mean dieting) going on a walk everyday for 30-60mins, and do not eat under 1000 calories a day (when i say eat, i mean digest) If u don't when u actually do it your body will not be "awake" so when u do eat the body will take longer to process, which in turn, will make u gain weight, hope this helps :)
wow.

Otheridstaken

Otheridstaken

Awards
ROFLMFAO!!!

Oh my god. I needed that laugh. Thanks man.

But seriously. WTF?!? Horrible 'advice' and very poor sentence structure.

F-

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Solid advice brah. Repped