My 2015 journey back to health

MyKH3LL

MyKH3LL

Awards
Hi everyone,

After a downward spiral of a year in 2014, sidelined with injury and thrown off track with a few personal/family dramas I've really let my health and fitness slide and it's left me fat, unhealthy and unhappy. I've lost almost all my muscle tone and size (and strength!) and replaced it with unsightly, jiggly bits! I'm wearing the same couple of shirts and pants because that's all that fits me at the moment. It's depressing, to say the least.

I'm tired of making excuses though and determined to get back into it this year - 2015 is going to be my year of results and I want to document my journey back to a healthier lifestyle and body. I guess I'm hoping to share my experiences for your input, guidance and for those moments I need motivation.

First off, I've quit smoking again. It's a nasty habit that I should never have started again.

Secondly, I've stopped drinking. I got into a bad routine and was drinking a lot. My recycling bin was 90% bottles of scotch whiskey every week haha. You can imagine the damage all those empty calories did to my body week after week for 6-12 months!

Most importantly, I'm cleaning up my diet. No more cheats and sweets, I'm cutting out the sugar and leaving all the fried food behind. I'm grazing every 3 hours rather than the IF I used to participate in. I think trying to speed up my metabolism with constant feeds is a good place to start, although I'm feeling hungry through the day so I might need to increase either my portion sizes or amount of protein to keep me feeling full.

Although it could just be because I got used to eating so much and now I'm cutting back the calories I'm noticing it...?

Yesterday, for example, I had Oats with cinnamon and natural walnuts with 2 boiled eggs for breakfast. 1 Apple and a coconut Chobani yoghurt for a mid-morning snack and grilled chicken, lettuce, tomato and salsa on a wholemeal wrap for lunch. I had a protein shake in water (PES Snickerdoodle) for my afternoon snack and somewhere in between I had a small handful of almonds because I was pretty hungry. Dinner was a tuna steak, brown rice, edamame and sauteed broccoli with garlic.

I trained in the morning, so I mixed my Amino IV with water as soon as I got up and used that intra-workout and then smashed a PES Select (Chocolate) in water afterwards while making my oats and eggs.

In regards to training, I started with;

- 3 x 10 Spiderman crawls/pushups
- 3 x 10 alternating DB chest press with a neutral grip
- 3 x 12 alternating DB shoulder press with twist like an Arnold press (also utilised my hips and legs a little in this to make it more explosive).
- 3 x 10 (ea. side) tricep press down. At the bottom of the press, I twisted and pivoted on my foot and continued pressing to the side of my body getting my core more involved.
- 4 x 15 external rotations

60 second rest intervals for everything. Once my fitness improves I hope to return to the 30 - 45 seconds ballpark.

I'm trying to train for more functional strength and be more athletic rather than the typical 'body-building' approach to weightlifting.

I will be adding a fat burner/thermogenic supplement to the routine after a week or so. I've got some Alpha T2 and Alphamine still lying around which I'll stack and I've actually got some Dermacrine which I'll start using (4-5 pumps) after my morning shower. I'll roll with the unopened bottle of Divanil for the following weeks once the Dermacrine is all gone. I just want to nail down my diet first and actually getting up in the morning and exercising again haha. I also want to use the supps I've got now before buying anything new - budget restrictions, I'm sure you all understand ;) :p

Today will be a few sprints when I get home if the weather holds out, otherwise I'll do some boxing/skipping and other higher intensity cardio work. In regards to the diet, I started my day with a wholemeal English muffin with an all-natural (preservative and sugar free) strawberry and apple jam, plus a Snickerdoodle, 1/2 banana and light milk protein shake. Mid-morning was 1/2 PB wholemeal sandwich and an apple, lunch was a tuna wholemeal sandwich with whole egg low-fat mayo and pepper and my afternoon snack will be a strawberry Chobani yoghurt (which I'm just about to eat) to get me through to dinner which tonight is cajun chicken breast, wholemeal couscous, baked sweet potato and grilled vegetables (capsicum, mushroom etc.). I've loaded up with a bit of carbs today because I'm hitting legs tomorrow so wanted to ensure I can punch out a good session.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this journey back to good health and hope to see some of you join me for the ride! I welcome your input, feedback and anything else you think is worthwhile contributing to my thread ;)

MyKH3LL

MyKH3LL

Awards
Well, I can't say I particularly miss this crippled leg-day feeling haha. Struggling to even walk properly today, it probably looks like I've sh!t my pants.

Again, up at 5:30 AM for fasted training. I did have some Alphamine this morning to get me pumped up because I struggled to get out of bed. After my warm up, I did the following exercises;

- 3 x 10 DB squats (ass to grass!)
- 3 x 12 DB side lunges (did my 12 right, then 12 left without rest)
- 3 x 10 single leg DB RDL
- 4 x 12 hip bucks

CORE;
- 3 x failure starfish (literally lay down looking like a starfish, arms and legs off the floor, then touch my right foot with left-hand etc.)
- 3 x failure heels to the heavens (reverse crunch into pushing soles of my feet towards the ceiling)

After this, I had some PES Select protein in water (cookies and cream) while I cooked my omelette (peppers, onions, mushrooms) and a slice of wholemeal toast. I've got low-fat cottage cheese and a banana for my mid-morning snack. I'll then have my Alphamine about an hour before lunch which is turkey burgers with onion, lettuce, tomato and low fat swiss cheese and a dollop of natural greek yoghurt. I'll smash another protein shake this afternoon and having my tuna steaks for dinner again with sauteed broccoli and garelic, edamame and a little brown rice.

Tomorrow morning is more sprints! Hopefull, I can fel my legs haha. I'm going to have a bit more of a stretch this afternoon and see if that at least makes it easier moving in the morning.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Def in for this one! Good luck!

MyKH3LL

MyKH3LL

Awards
Def in for this one! Good luck!
Thanks mate! I'll definitely need some of your positivity and energy around here through this journey ;)

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
By chance did you change your username?

That avatar was used by an old friend on here

MyKH3LL

MyKH3LL

Awards
By chance did you change your username?

That avatar was used by an old friend on here
Nah man, I've had this username and avatar since I joined... I just haven't been active on here for about a year or so.

Who was the old friend?

...we can be friends.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Nah man, I've had this username and avatar since I joined. Who was the old friend? ...we can be friends.
Lol his username was skinnybones, exact same avatar

I will follow along here

MyKH3LL

MyKH3LL

Awards
Lol his username was skinnybones, exact same avatar

I will follow along here
Hmmm, that name actually rings a (small) bell. Perhaps I should update my avatar, something to reflect my new journey... basically, something else I think is cool.

Thanks for the follow ;)

MyKH3LL

MyKH3LL

Awards
Well, I didn't get up at 5:30 this morning, I felt like I needed that extra hour of sleep and for what it's worth, my legs and core are still killing me *groans* I seriously forgot what this pain was like! Haha. At least that's a good sign I've really hit all my leg muscles, including glutes and abs on my Wednesday session and hopefully as I fall back into my routine this pain is less severe after each workout *fingers crossed*

I'll be doing my workout tonight after work and then I'm taking the weekend off to rest and recover (and celebrate my birthday tomorrow).

Anyway, I got home from work yesterday and even though it was raining I knew I had to do some cardio/conditioning so I walked up to the park and did some sprint-ervals with my fiancee (we're on this journey together!).

We have a small park, probably around 20 metres wide at a guess, and I did 4 laps at a jog and 2 laps sprinting. I managed to push through ten sets, although had to stop to catch my breath after the first 5, then did 3 more and then the last 2. Noticed the negative effects of the smoking that's for sure... Had a quick stretch of the legs and walked back home for a protein shake in water and a warm shower.

In regards to my nutrition, I started my day yesterday with a protein shake in low fat, lactose free milk and had 3 small pancakes (next time I'll be making whole wheat waffles, but budget restrictions forced me to just use what's in the cupboard) with fresh blueberries, a big scoop and a bit of all natural frozen vanilla bean yoghurt and a pinch of grated 90% cocoa. Morning tea was 1/2 PB sandwich on wholemeal and seeds bread. Lunch was my grilled chicken, spinach leaves, tomato and salsa on wholemeal wrap (mountain bread) and afternoon snack I had the other 1/2 of my PB sandwich. For dinner, I cooked up a nice eye fillet steak (rare), small baked potato and some grilled asparagus in grass-fed butter and garlic. I was still a bit peckish before bed, so I had two light mini babybel cheeses and a big handful of seedless red grapes as a snack.

Looking forward to my session tonight, hopefully, I can almost train away this pain and put the first week behind me with a feeling of accomplishment and success. I haven't had a drop of alcohol and really don't want to buckle this weekend, even though it is my bday. We're going out for dinner with friends (Lebanese banquet) the following weekend and I'll no doubt have a few drinks then and well, I WILL be having a slice of bday cake at work on Monday so that's my cheats done and dusted for the fortnight. I could even go without the cake but a lady at work is making it for me, so I will feel rude not at least having a small piece... ;)

On the menu today is oats with natural walnuts and cinnamon for breakfast and egg white omelette. Mid-morning snack was 5 gerkins wrapped in Turkey slices. Lunch is a tuna wholemeal sandwich with fat-free mayo and afternoon snack is a packet of beef jerky. I'll be making my cajun chicken, couscous, sweet potato and grilled veg dish for dinner since it was so good last time. I just throw a dollop of greek yoghurt on top which was heaven... nomnomnom.

Hitting the gym tonight with;

- 4 x 12 inverted row
- 3 x 10-12 standing DB row with tricep kickback
- 3 x 12 reverse lunge with bicep curls
- 3 x 12 hammer curls

60 second rest intervals.

Core/abs;

- 4 x failure weighted V-Up Russian twists

30 second rest intervals.

What do you guys think of my diet so far?

The focus this week for me was just not giving in to temptation and to start creating healthier eating habits.

Appreciate any feedback! :)

MyKH3LL

MyKH3LL

Awards
So took the weekend to rest and recover and really felt like I needed it. I did cave and had a small piece of chocolate mud cake my grandmother brought over on Sunday and our HR manager made me an ice cream cake on Monday (with Tim tam base, oreo, crunchie, flake and mini caramel Tim tams on top OMG) so it would have been rude to not have a slice, so I did have a little piece! Now my birthday is behind me though, I'm back to eating very clean again ;)

Monday was upper body again, so after my warm up I hit the gym with;

- Burpee push-pyramid (8/6/4/2) So 1 burpee into push up position for 8, 1 burpee into push up for 6 and repeat down to 2 pushups for 1 set. 3 total sets.
- Incline DB alternating chest press - 4 x 12 (ea. arm) so a total of 24 reps each set.
- Side laterals - 3 x 12
- Resistance band tricep push backs - 3 x 12
- Resistance band Tricep extensions - 3 x 12

60 seconds rest intervals. Amino IV intra-workout. Felt solid, really enjoyed the session.

In regards to my nutrition, I got through the following on Monday;

- Breakfast was a high protein type cereal with nuts and cranberries in skim milk.
- Missed my mid-morning snack, I think the Alphamine and Alpha T2 just kept me charging straight through (and I was stupidly busy at work so time flew).
- Lunch time we had the cake, but first I ate my turkey burger on a wholemeal bun with onion, sliced marinated peppers, spinach and low-fat greek yoghurt and low-fat swiss cheese.
- My afternoon snack was a mini Babybel light cheese with about 30 red seedless grapes.
- Snickerdoodle in water post training
- Salmon fillet in (minimal) Thai sweet chilli sauce, with sauteed broccoli and leftover roasted veg from Sunday (roast potato, pumpkin, zucchini, mushroom)
- Peanut Butter sandwich on wholemeal bread with protein shake in milk before bed.

MyKH3LL

MyKH3LL

Awards
Ok, TUESDAY is done and dusted! Another day closer to my goal.

Today was a conditioning session with core/abs. CRUNCHES AND PUNCHES!

This was the circuit;

- V-Up Russian twists to failure
- 3 mins non-stop bagwork (boxing)
- Ball passes to failure
- 3 mins non-stop bag work (boxing)
- Heels to the heavens to failure
- 3 mins non-stop bag work (boxing)

60 seconds rest and repeated the circuit again.

Really pushed myself and ensured I just kept moving during the bag work, stayed on the balls of my feet and throwing my punches with authority.

Really was drowning in sweat afterwards! haha.

Nutrition for Tuesday was;

- Oatmeal with cinnamon and walnuts followed by Egg white omelette with teaspoon of salsa.
- I have my Alphamine and A2 stack about an hour after breakfast - 2 scoops Alpha, 1 x A2.
- Mid-morning snack was gherkins wrapped in roast Turkey slices - I had 4 gherkins.
- Grilled chicken and onion wholemeal wrap, with a little smokey BBQ sauce and low-fat greek yoghurt.
- I have my Alphamine and A2 stack about an hour after lunch - 1 scoop Alpha, 2 x A2
- Cookies and Cream protein shake in water post training
- Eye fillet, grass-fed steak for dinner with grilled asparagus and roast sweet potato.
- Protein shake in water, handful of raw almonds, red seedless grapes and a Babybel mini cheese before bed.

I've been using this Dermacrine and enjoying it so far. I was using it post-training in the morning, but we've shifted to evening training now. Should I keep the Dermacrine purely for post workout or can I still use it upon waking after my shower? What's everyone's thoughts on that?

MyKH3LL

MyKH3LL

Awards
So last Wednesday I took the dog for a walk as a warm up, came home and prepared for an intense leg session. I bent down for my first rep of single leg squats and had this sharp pain in my hip. It didn't feel right at all. I tried another with a lighter weight and had the same pain.

Tried a step up on the bench and still had that sharp pain, so begrudgingly called it quits. I was devastated... Just when I felt I was on a great roll and getting back 'into the groove' I've got an injury :'(

This is a big part of what put me off the path to health and strength in the first place.

I visited my chiropractor the next day and he advised me I strained my hip flexor? He said this is common if the body is not use to exercise, especially if jumping straight into intense, high impact stuff like a lot of running (the day before I did 18 mins of shadow boxing, that included some running and jumping so I'm guessing this was the culprit that pushed me over the edge).

He advised 2-3 weeks of taking it easy - no running, no squats etc. He did say low impact cardio, like bike riding, will be ok and ease back into the running and squats.

My hip is feeling better already, but I don't want to rush back into anything and find that I've just turned this into a more long term issue - basically what I did with my shoulder.

I'm so frustrated! I'm going to try and cut back on calories and stick with a PUSH/PULL split for the next week or two.

MyKH3LL

MyKH3LL

Awards
So it's been a while since I've made an update, apologies for that.

Training and diet are still going well, even after the little setback with my hip flexor. I rested up and laid off the legs and high impact stuff before getting back into a lower body sesison this week gone. No pain whatsoever so that's a bonus.

I'm back into the full swing of things again now and as of tonight I'm at Krav Maga, so my weeks will now look like;

- Monday / Krav Maga (6 PM - 8 PM)
- Tuesday / PUSH session
- Wednesday / LEG session
- Thursday / Krav Maga (6 PM - 8 PM)
- Friday / PULL session

I have started to notice a difference in my appearance already. My stomach is definitely on the shrink, even my fiance said it's noticeably smaller already which was motivating. I can see my shoulders and arms have that fuller look since getting back into regular lifting and my chest is starting to get its shape back, so all positive signs. I've just got to keep at it.

Ordered some E9 and two bottles of ABE so really looking forward to running those products! I've used ABE before and really enjoyed the run so a little excited to try this new formula and push myself to the next level. I have some X-FACTOR at home, so the idea is to stack them for maximum results. The approach I'm considering, which I hope is ideal, will be;

- XF on my 3 training days (5 tabs preworkout I think is ideal?)
- ABE per bottle instructions
- E9 I just have to decide whether I'll take it preworkout or first thing in the morning while fasted.

MyKH3LL

MyKH3LL

Awards
I've been talking to some other members of the board about different 3 day splits to keep my body guessing and mantain a good amount of variety into my home-workout routines. I'm contemplating doing something like this FULL/UPPER/LOWER split over the next few months - appreciate any feedback.

I would be sticking to around the 3 SETS for 10-12 reps at a 2040 tempo.

FULL BODY
- Landmine squats into press
- DB one arm rows or pull ups
- DB presses w/ neutral grip
- Reverse DB Lunges
- Face pulls.

I could throw in a bicep and tricep superset such as incline curls and tricep extensions, for example, depending on how the body feels. Considering I'll be doing the DB presses neutral, I'd keep my elbows tucked in and get a good hit on the triceps so possibly worthwhile to just focus on smashing the biceps with a good couple sets of Incline curls with fascia stretching in between sets for that painful yet satisfying pump/stretch.

LOWER BODY
- Stiff leg BB deadlifts
- DB lateral squats
- Calf raises (increase reps to 20-25)
- BB hip thrusts
- BW Split squat jumps to failure as a finisher

UPPER BODY
- Alternating DB Arnold presses (standing) or Alternating DB Incline presses depending on how the shoulder is holding up.
- Lateral raises
- Straight arm DB pullovers
- Reverse grip bent-over rows
- Skull crushers or overhead tricep extensions
- External rotations.

I suppose if I didn't do reverse grip rows and just went overhand, I could do a superset here of preachers and skull crushers maybe...?

The other approach I could take would be 3 x full body workouts with the focus on a different body part each session. So here each session would include one exercise for 3 sets per muscle group, except for the muscles in focus which would get 3 exercises at 3 sets (I'm just a bit unsure if that's ideal considering I'm training T/W/F rather than M/W/F).

e.g. Full body/Back focus - Full body/Chest & Delts focus - Full body/Legs focus.

I would incorporate a lot of the same exercises as above to be honest and a great idea I was given was to rotate between low reps and high reps each week to target the different muscle fibre types.

I'll be giving both routines a go over the next few months and I'll document which I feel is working the best for me and which one I believe is generating the best results... Exciting times ahead! :)

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice looking workouts in here!

MyKH3LL

MyKH3LL

Awards
MyKH3LL

MyKH3LL

Awards
Just another update since I've let my log drop off a bit lately. I've been smashing the Krav Maga and really enjoying it. My cardio is definitely on the way up and muscular endurance is improving. The Alphamine has me spraying sweat like a firehose through the entire two hours haha. Unfortunately my second bottle will be completed sometime this week and signal the end of my 8 week run.

I've introduced some Ergonine and Beta Alanine into my schedule for the last week or so and hoping that takes my endurance up a notch.

I've felt my joints - shoulders in particular, really aching the days after KM which I'm guessing is from the high volume of punching, throwing, blocking and wrestling. My hands are up around my ears for most of the two hours so perhaps my shoulder endurance just isn't up to scratch yet or maybe my rotators aren't very strong? It does have me worried some days as I've had a lot of pain and troubles with them in the past and I don't want to aggrevate any old injuries and sideline myself again.

I knocked out a full body session on Saturday but just didn't have any real gas in the tank - it was a struggle.

This is what I pushed through though;

- Landmine squats (ass to grass) for 3 sets at 10 reps / 60 sec rest periods.
- Landmine single arm rows for 3 sets at 10 reps / 60 sec rest after both arms.
- DB swings for 3 sets and 20 reps / 120 rest here otherwise I was going to faint... or vomit. Possibly both.
- DB Incline press with a wrist twist to neutral position at top for 3 sets for 10 reps / 60 sec rest periods.
- Resistance band face pulls for 3 sets at 12 reps / 60 sec rest periods.

I'm finding my weight training days getting harder and harder and I'm struggling to move any real weight. Maybe I should increase my calories with all this Krav so I can continue to push through some solid lifting each week.

MyKH3LL

MyKH3LL

Awards
Well, last night I think I experienced the Ergonine and Beta Alanine really kicking in. I managed to push through the third session of Krav with minimal downtime. That's 3 hours of intense, draining full body work with punching, running, wrestling etc. My cardiovascular endurance couldn't keep up with my body! I took a few minutes to catch my breath and recover between the second and third classes, but my muscles felt great the whole time and had enough gas in the tank to just keep wrestling and I was working with a guy who had at least 20kg on me for most the night so it was never easy work.

I'm feeling very sore today though haha. Not muscular, just joints and general wear and tear after being pummeled for so many hours, having my neck cranked and hardcore close quarter combat drills. Hopefully I can push through a full body resistance session tonight and take advantage of this new found energy from the E9/BA combo. Really loving it at the moment.

Will keep you all posted, but I'm aiming for some Landmine Squats / Kroc Rows / Single leg RDL / DB Pullovers to hit the major muscles and one or two accessory lifts if I've got it in me.

Athletix

Athletix

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
In!

Good workouts so far, keep it up man

MyKH3LL

MyKH3LL

Awards
In!

Good workouts so far, keep it up man
Thanks buddy! Not moving big weights at the moment, just doing my best to get back to a more comfortable, confident body shape and weight and pick up my endurance while I'm at it.

I haven't actually dropped any weight from my last jump on the scales, but I can notice the body composition changes in the mirror, so that's telling me I've lost some weight and added more muscle and maintained my weight, which I can't argue with *thumbs up*

Just need to drop this spare tyre (and get the body fat under 20-30%) and get some size back. If I'm brave enough I might even post some pictures in here over the next few weeks. I'm kind of disappointed I didn't get any when I started.

MyKH3LL

MyKH3LL

Awards
So I can definitely say the Ergonine and Beta Alanine is in my system now, I had a great session last night and felt strong and energetic the entire time and possibly could have pushed myself even further but needed to save some of my muscles for Krav Maga tonight and had that dry, intermittent pain in my shoulders during particular lifts which had me thinking it's best to pull back rather than pushing myself into an injury.

I just wanted to do a full body session and keep it intense like usual, so here's what I managed to get through:

- Landmine Squats into Press / 3 sets for 10 reps - I do these ass to grass, ensure my elbows touch my quads and at a little wider than shoulder width stance. I actually added over 20 pounds to this lift compared to my last session. Will increase again next time because I know I've got more in me.

- Kroc Rows / 3 sets for 15 reps ea. - I've never done 'Kroc Rows' before, but I again lifted 20 pound heavier dumbells for 5 more reps than usual compared to single arm DB row numbers I've been doing lately.

- Bench Glute Raises / 3 sets for 15 reps - just focused on keeping my core strong and driving through the heels without dropping my butt back to the floor maintaining a slow, controlled tempo and really felt the burn in my hamstrings actually.

- Lateral Raises / 3 sets aiming for 10 reps - I was feeling strong at this point and wondered if I should push my shoulder, but thought if I want the progress I need to take myself to the limit and went for heavier than I've ever done before. I've found rotating my wrist so my thumb is pointing towards the ceiling has relieved the 'impingement' type pain I used to get doing this lift. My last rep on second set was a half rep at best. Third set was a drop set because I knew I wouldn't even move those last DB's again. Went 5lbs lighter for each of the 3 consecutive sets, each to failure.

- BW Calf Raises / 3 sets for 25/16/15 (failure) - I stood on the bottom of the squat rack and focused on full stretch of the calves at the bottom and squeezing/holding at the top. I actually tried to keep my ankles almost touching and driving through my big toe. I had a good stretch between each set. Next time I'm going to do a HEAVY set for 10-15 reps then straight into a BW set to failure.

- Reverse Grip Tricep Pressdown / 3 sets for 12/10/8 (failure) - I had my thickest resistance band here, which I doubled over and did these single handed, focused on squeezing the tricep at the bottom and only raising arm back to parallel so the tension stayed on the muscle. Kept elbows strict and glued to my side. These felt great, I liked the minor grip change.

Finished off with an AB/CORE circuit for 3 rounds with 60 seconds rest between each round.

Hanging Scissor Kicks - I don't really know what else to call these haha, but I hung off the chin up bar and lifted my legs as high as I could, then fighting the resistance, crossed them over. I think I did it about 5 times this round before they were back to the ground.
Core Row - Just like the opposite knee to elbow exercise, but I imagined I was rowing with my arms. Kept tension on the core the entire time.
Heels to heaven - From full stretch, used my lower abs to raise legs then pushed the soles of my feet towards the ceiling.

All in all, I felt this was a good session. I added weight from previous workouts, I felt more energetic and stronger through the session which I can only contribute to the Ergonine and Beta Alanine and I got a good sweat on! I don't feel too sore this morning either, which is a bonus and hopefully haven't burnt myself out for tonight because it's going to be intense!

MyKH3LL

MyKH3LL

Awards
So I've been slack with updating this thread, but since it's not really any kind of 'official' log I can live with that. I'm going to be far more thorough in the coming months as I log my efforts while on ABE/ArA and EP1C Unleashed.

I've had a few sessions with my physio over the last two weeks re my shoulder and happy to report that the majority of pain and restrictions in the movement are pretty much behind me. I think after another month or so I should be back to something more 'normal' but the progress so far has been a massive relief.

I am noticing a great improvement in strength and endurance while training thanks to the E9 and Beta Alanine. Loving this combo right now.

Had a great upper body session on Monday which included;

Bench Press with neutral grip - 3 x 12 reps with the 25kg/55lb DB's. This was the real test for my shoulder and it felt good, if not great, so I'm going to jump up another 20 - 25lbs next session.

Landmine single arm rows - 3 x 12 reps ea. with 35kg/77lbs. Here I've just been trying to focus on form, keep my core strong, lats tight and shoulders rolled back. These were very strict, no leg assist at all. Will definitely be increasing next session since the shoulder showed no signs of slowing me down after this either.

DB Lateral raises - 3 x 10 with 11kg/25lbs. This was the real test and despite the obvious weakness from a lack of use recently, I felt good through this too. Kept it controlled and slow and rolled my wrists so my thumb points towards the ceiling which I've been told helps if you have any sort of impingement.

Landmine single arm shrugs - 3 x 12 reps ea. with 35kg/77lbs. I enjoyed how this also forced me to focus on my core and keeping it tight for balance.

I had to take an important phone call at this point which kind of killed my groove...

Skullcrushers - 3 x 20 with 10kg/22lbs for a massive burn in the triceps and to finish off the session. As with all my lifts, concentrated on a slow tempo of 4020 and really squeezing the muscle. I used a tricep bar here so also focused on pushing my hands towards each other, which I believe helped activate my chest a bit too.

Last night I smashed out a quick GIANT SET leg session. 120 reps non-stop. Hopefully I don't struggle too much at Krav Maga after that.

RDL - 5 reps / ATG Goblet squats - 15 reps / DB lunge - 40 reps x 2 SETS / no rest of course.

MyKH3LL

MyKH3LL

Awards
I've been pretty diligent with my eating as of late. Typical day looks like;

- Ergonine and Beta Alanine fasted first thing in the morning.

- Select PROATS in the morning (Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup this week). 1/2 cup dry oats with 1 cup milk nuked for a couple minutes. I have this with a coffee (white, no sugar) as soon as I get to work.

- 1 cup egg whites with BBQ seasoning in the microwave. 2 X Turkey burger patties cut up mixed in the eggs, two tablespoons fat-free hot salsa. The last two days I've thrown some grated Pecorino cheese in there too. It's good stuff... even if it stinks haha.

- I have been having the Zucchini slice my missus made in the arvo or another shake or something similar. Red grapes and Babybel cheese is a favourite.

- Amino IV during training.

- Protein source, sweet potato and broccoli for dinner. Last night, for example, was grilled salmon, sweet potato and a delicious spicy cauliflower (cumin, mustard seeds etc. for Indian flavour) with minty yoghurt.