i am in desperate need (severe depression, hairloss etc)

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ok bruhs i am in real need of some guidance as i said in the title, last year was the worst year of my life, i wanted to kill myself everyday and as a result i stopped going to the gym, got social anxiety, lost hair (i am really thinning atm, im on saw palmetto, rogaine and nizoral) i used to pride myself on my physique now its turned to ****, + i am getting man boobs due to elevated estrogen from the supplements for the hair loss. What im looking for is a killer at home routine to get my active again, build muscle and build some of my confidence up again (also relieve stress via workouts and hopefully halt/gain some of the lost hair) i went to the doctor it is not MPH, its related to stress.

Heres the equipment at home i have
Sledge hammer
Tyre
TRX
Boxing Bag
Barbell (not very heavy weights though, but i might workout a way to attach some heavy barrels to it, so i can deadlift)
dumbbells
bike
weight vest
resistance bands
bit of a hill on court

i want to preferably be working out 5 days a week. i know im asking to be spoon fed, but im just caught in this never ending loop of not knowing what to do, cant focus and self pity (stupid brain)

Cheers guys

Jakethaniel

Jakethaniel

Awards
  • Established
For anyone getting back on the horse you want to make training fun and kinda say f**k it to balanced volume. So pick your top 2 or 3 favorite muscles to work, I do not care how bro they are even if they are chest, biceps, and shoulders or something.

So pick those then hammer them 3-4 days a week. As for the rest of the body parts hit them on the other 2-3 training days.

For programming also do something you enjoy for right now. Whatever 10 sets of 10 or 3 sets to failure or etc. whatever you like.

Also since you are mainly looking to lose fat just make a few circuits you find enjoyable. Do one circuit everyday and depending on how you are feeling reduce or increase the number of rounds.

Really my main point is have fun right now, once everything else comes together start focusing on making training goals and go from there.

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
For anyone getting back on the horse you want to make training fun and kinda say f**k it to balanced volume. So pick your top 2 or 3 favorite muscles to work, I do not care how bro they are even if they are chest, biceps, and shoulders or something.

So pick those then hammer them 3-4 days a week. As for the rest of the body parts hit them on the other 2-3 training days.

For programming also do something you enjoy for right now. Whatever 10 sets of 10 or 3 sets to failure or etc. whatever you like.

Also since you are mainly looking to lose fat just make a few circuits you find enjoyable. Do one circuit everyday and depending on how you are feeling reduce or increase the number of rounds.

Really my main point is have fun right now, once everything else comes together start focusing on making training goals and go from there.
thanks man, also i was wondering what are some good natural products that eitehr control estrogen or just help with the ratio of test/estrogen to take.... im going to use a top pct supplement to lower it intially and see if it gets rid of the man boobs then go the natural way just for cost effectiveness

Jakethaniel

Jakethaniel

Awards
  • Established
thanks man, also i was wondering what are some good natural products that eitehr control estrogen or just help with the ratio of test/estrogen to take.... im going to use a top pct supplement to lower it intially and see if it gets rid of the man boobs then go the natural way just for cost effectiveness
You could give Formeron a try for lowering estrogen. It is not natural, but it is effective.
Also maybe give St. John's Wort a try because for some it is effective for reducing depression, but also it speeds up the breakdown of estradiol.
You could also run a test booster. I recently logged HPTA which I found effective.
Also if you choose to get a test booster and run it with an aromatase inhibitor like Formeron it should be more effective.

maria.kremens

maria.kremens

Awards
do a thorough research on what you getting, so it does not get worse

DirtyWilly

DirtyWilly

Awards
  • Established
Gotta take the good with the bad! Losing hair sucks, but it's also a huge advantage! Men who lose their hair have been chosen for a life of easy gains and exceptional strength. Look at any power lifting record holder and you'll see a pattern developing. (Poor choice of words?)

Hit the weights hard and you'll coast into a top physique. I would concentrate on strength exercises, which should be easy, and then move on from there. It also won't take much so it's a good time to come up with a short plan, something that can be done under 30 minutes, I would suggest closer to 15-20 minutes. This way at least you have something you can easily do a few times a week without stressing over it. Even on days you don't feel like lifting, you have a core 20 minute workout you can bang out and see progress. As time goes on you can add to this core, but come up with a core.

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Gotta take the good with the bad! Losing hair sucks, but it's also a huge advantage! Men who lose their hair have been chosen for a life of easy gains and exceptional strength. Look at any power lifting record holder and you'll see a pattern developing. (Poor choice of words?)

Hit the weights hard and you'll coast into a top physique. I would concentrate on strength exercises, which should be easy, and then move on from there. It also won't take much so it's a good time to come up with a short plan, something that can be done under 30 minutes, I would suggest closer to 15-20 minutes. This way at least you have something you can easily do a few times a week without stressing over it. Even on days you don't feel like lifting, you have a core 20 minute workout you can bang out and see progress. As time goes on you can add to this core, but come up with a core.
im thinking about gettng hair surgery, theres this one im looking at that looks very effective, my hair is maintaining atm but i know i have mpb hairloss so i will lose it in the future, this surgery makes the hair not sensitive to dht anymore, so mpb is no longer an issue which potentially means i can keep my hair all my life (unless something else triggers hairloss, not as likely as losing my hair to mpb though!) and also smash some sweet anabolics to make me huge, swoll and jacked without hair loss

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
so im still struggling with everything at the moment, i was wondering what anti depressants people reccomend, or supplements that increase wellbeing etc

Bjaminny

Awards
Hi mate, 1st and foremost, I would discuss your medication options for your depression with your doctor. I suffered from burnout (I'm a counsellor in the UK) last year. Last thing I expected to happen but it did. Took too much on in my job.

I tried everything except medication as I did not want to resort to this. I eat healthily anyway, I took time off work (this was the most important factor for me) trained Brazilian Jiu jitsu 4 days a week, hit the gym as I had lost over 2.5 stone due to anxiety. Got 7-8 hours of sleep each night.

In the end, I went to see my doctor. I explained all the healthy things I did but felt I needed help with medication. It was the best decision (for me) I've made. It helped me level out, in my head. My job is uber draining working as a counsellor.

My doctor explained what types of medication there was and what it was used for. I felt, from what he said, that Fluoxetine (Prozac) would be best suited to me. 20mg daily.

It took 3 weeks and 4 days when I started to notice a difference. I started cracking jokes again, laughing lots and generally not giving a f***. Simply, laughing at myself and most things again. I hadn't done this for maybe 3-4 years.

I will say it made me a little too laid back but that's part of the medication. It worked for me. I'm 41. Like I said at the beginning, discuss with your doctor instead of spending loads on supplements that are supposed to help with depression. They might be able to advise you better.

I hope this helps. I'm tapering off my meds now, 6 months total.

As for exercise, can't beat super setting jump burpess and body squats for that huge burn. Push ups and tricep dips (using a chair). Use supersets for barbell clean and jerk and barbell press. Walking lunges with barbell, running with your weighted vest.

Invest in an ab roller too. Easy on the spine, superset with planks.

I'm sure there are loads of other exercises on here and other reliable sites.

Good luck, dude.