Who is Good at Making Diets?

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
Looking for some help. I'm pretty good at making diets for myself (because I can eat the same thing everyday if I want) but, my fiancé wants to get in shape for our wedding.

Needing help by someone who knows how to make it a variety haha.

I am about to do a recomp cycle into a regular PCT and then a Keto diet for the wedding.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
If she wants variety she has to track food accurately. Using common meals is easy to track or even guess after a while but with every meal being different daily she needs to track.

I like to log my food a day ahead, so I know how much of things to make.

If you wanted examples of lower calorie meals what are her calories like? And does she follow macros or just a caloric total

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If she wants variety she has to track food accurately. Using common meals is easy to track or even guess after a while but with every meal being different daily she needs to track.

I like to log my food a day ahead, so I know how much of things to make.

If you wanted examples of lower calorie meals what are her calories like? And does she follow macros or just a caloric total
This. If you want a variety, track ahead. Starting next week, I am student teaching which means 2-3 packed meals a day. What I did this week, was I planned my diet for Monday-Friday. It is already in myfitnesspal. This way, I know what to pack and know what I can make when I get home. It is different everyday too. Protein sources stay the same, but fat and carb sources vary. It may seem anal to do a weeks worth ahead of time, but being organized and prepared allows me to have variety and save time since I don't have to do it during the week.

As far as her macros, that is something you need to figure out with a calculator. Or even start her at X amount of cals for a week and see if her weight goes up, down, r stays the same and take it from there.

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
This. If you want a variety, track ahead. Starting next week, I am student teaching which means 2-3 packed meals a day. What I did this week, was I planned my diet for Monday-Friday. It is already in myfitnesspal. This way, I know what to pack and know what I can make when I get home. It is different everyday too. Protein sources stay the same, but fat and carb sources vary. It may seem anal to do a weeks worth ahead of time, but being organized and prepared allows me to have variety and save time since I don't have to do it during the week.

As far as her macros, that is something you need to figure out with a calculator. Or even start her at X amount of cals for a week and see if her weight goes up, down, r stays the same and take it from there.
Thanks for the advice guys and yah I have her tracking with any Fitness Pal like I do.

She's just indecisive and she can't think of stuff on her own. I always give her suggestions but you know how that guys when they are your significant other lol.

I'll tell her she needs to sit down and think about stuff in advance like I do. I do a weekly meal prep on Sunday's.

I've got her calories and macros lined out but, now that I think about it, it's basically the fact that she can't decide what to eat lmao.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I may not be the best dieter here, but what I've noticed when I am really sticking to a diet is that I do best when I have a set plan and eat the same thing every day - like others have said.

Having said that, I've also noticed that if I plan 3-4 different diet plans, many of the meals wind up having near the same macros. What this means is, many of the meals are interchangeable. There may not be a TON of variety, but maybe just enough if you get board.