Has anyone here tried Vida health or MyFitnessPal?

torimartin

Awards
Hello,

Has anyone on here used a health coaching service like Vida or tracker like MyFitnessPal to get in shape?

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
Myfitnesspal is a great tool and I also use jefit to track my workouts

Jawbreaker24

Jawbreaker24

Awards
"My net diary" is better

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Myfitnesspal is great, has made tracking diet a hundred times easier

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I hated my fitness pal at first but now I tolerate it. I used to use the lose it app prior to it

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
neyar

neyar

Awards
fitness pal is great but its a bit of a pain at first to log everything in but in the end its worth it. its the best app imo

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I love MFP. Don't go off the database though, unless it it something you don't have the macros for. I always input my own protein and food products. People often make mistakes.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I use "Lose It"

Chrisehyoung

Chrisehyoung

Awards
I like MyFitnessPal. It syncs well between devices. My girlfriend and a few friends use it too. Makes swapping recipes and keeping each other honest easy.

lchapman

Awards
I use fitness pall. It is loaded with almost all foods and a lot of restaurants. I do wish it was better calculating calories burnt lifting weights. You have to enter each exercise.

Chrisehyoung

Chrisehyoung

Awards
Instead of using strength, use the cardio tab and there is a strength training option that calculates calories burned.

PILL

Awards
Instead of using strength, use the cardio tab and there is a strength training option that calculates calories burned.
I use to use that, but I'm concerned that it is not very accurate. I spend 45 minutes lifting with 20 minutes of that being powerlifting type stuff with long breaks and the rest being bodybuilder styled with short breaks. Calories burnt must be vastly different for these two types of training.

Chrisehyoung

Chrisehyoung

Awards
I have a hard time believing the accuracy of many of the cardio listings. It does give a bit of a base to go with though. I usually cut my times in half to account for that. If I lift for 60 minutes, I put 30 into MFP.

PILL

Awards
I have a hard time believing the accuracy of many of the cardio listings. It does give a bit of a base to go with though. I usually cut my times in half to account for that. If I lift for 60 minutes, I put 30 into MFP.
It's probably better to be conservative like that. I use Endomondo if I go running and it sends the calories burned to My Fitness Pal. I'm guessing an app that ses GPS is going to be a lot more accurate.