Best Cutting Diet for DC

14price

Awards
Hey guys,

I'm an avid reader of the anabolic minds forum and would love to get some advice from you guys. I'm 18 years old, 5'11, 174 pounds, and have been DC training for about 2 months. I've seen some great strength gains and am now looking to cut a little fat off. Ideally, I would like to drop to around 165 before starting a lean bulk. I've tried many different diets over the past few years like IIFYM, IF, and keto but have no idea what scheme I should follow on DC. Please let me know what has worked for you in the past and/or what diet you would suggest!

Btw I'm an endomorph with a maintenance around 2400 calories

Thanks for any advice you have to offer!

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In my opinion you shouldn't cut while using DC. The main premise of DC is to grow, not cut. Ideally when using DC you should be training to the point that you NEED the surplus in calories to recover

That being said lower your calories to cut. Don't add in intense cardio, you should be limiting yourself to low intensity cardio only

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Totally agree. If you are truly doing DC, then you need every calorie.

14price

Awards
Thanks for the advice. I'll consider switching programs and maybe going back to Mentzer HIT training, but I am taking Follidrone and think that with a slow cut I could still build some strength while losing fat if I stick with DC. I'm sure my strength wouldn't increase nearly as fast as when at a surplus, but I think it could still increase to the point where DC is still effective.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Okay, well ultimately it's your choice but if you're doing DC as its written, if you were to cut during you likely won't like the results buddy.

Good luck in all you do :)

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the advice. I'll consider switching programs and maybe going back to Mentzer HIT training, but I am taking Follidrone and think that with a slow cut I could still build some strength while losing fat if I stick with DC. I'm sure my strength wouldn't increase nearly as fast as when at a surplus, but I think it could still increase to the point where DC is still effective.
Maybe You can cut now for awhile and then once you finish your cut run Follidrone and the DC program. Idk just my opinion though.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'd want to get the most out of Follidrone and DC and that won't be accomplished by a cut. You can recomp with those two and be much more effective.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You guys have to understand the level of exertion that comes with DC. If you're not having to compose yourself to safely drive home, you're not using DC as it was meant to be utilized. Using DC on a cut is just fundamentally not wise if doing it correctly