a quick question...

strMonsta

Awards
I do a lot of cardio but I also lift weights at the same amount of dedication. I was wondering if there was any supplement that would protect muscle mass from breaking down while I do cardio.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Having a solid nutrition intake is going to be the main factor. If your doing cardio and weight training with the same intensity having the right amound of carbs and calories will be a big part of it. But like said above amino acids will help prevent muscle breakdown. We have a lot of top notch aminos and bcaas over at strong supplement shop if you want to check them out. http://www.strongsupplementshop.com/amino-acids-bcaa

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If your protein intake, pre, and post workout nutrition are in place, you do not need an amino supplement. However, if you're training fasted, it might be a good idea to invest in one.

Some that I like are Finaflex BCAA+SAA, Cellucor Alpha Amino, Universal Atomic 7, Controlled Labs Purple Wraath, and Allmax Aminolast.

ironskoog2

ironskoog2

Awards
Bcaas my friend preserve muscle breakdown. Too much cardio also breaks down muscle

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If your protein intake, pre, and post workout nutrition are in place, you do not need an amino supplement. However, if you're training fasted, it might be a good idea to invest in one. Some that I like are Finaflex BCAA+SAA, Cellucor Alpha Amino, Universal Atomic 7, Controlled Labs Purple Wraath, and Allmax Aminolast.
You can get some BA/Citmal/TMG as well with the Purple Wraath. OP, if you want some samples of it, we have a sample request thread under the Supplement Company section under Controlled Labs.

jerseyswol

Awards
BCAAs as everyone else has said, but the more economical choice is buying them in bulk unflavored powder. NutraPlanet used to carry them but they haven't had them recently. I'm sure you could find a good deal somewhere with a little searching.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
I feel like if you are bulking you should be gtg, but amino acids for sure help preserve during. A good preworkout meal as well with protein.

strMonsta

Awards
Lol man I run 2-3miles then lift weights then I spar I'm training for mma. Any other suggestions?