Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I had to go out of town for a week on business, so I thought I would take a break from training and all supplements, I ate what I wanted but tried to not over due it. Well in 5 days I'm up 11lbs. I guess it's time to get back in the Gym and Proper Nutrition mode!!

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lol. I hate when that happens on a business trip! At our age it's carbohydrate bloat. Carbs cause you to hold water weight.

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
It's water weight, brother. You can't synthesize new fat cells so quickly.

If you want, go back to the gym, do high rep/tension style workouts, drop the cals a bit without impacting protein and you'll be back in a few days.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
you are right, I normally don't eat a lot of pasta or bread....Lunch everyday was pizza or a sub and dinner rice or pasta. But boy was that Italian food good.

MrBEEF

Awards
I had to go out of town for a week on business, so I thought I would take a break from training and all supplements, I ate what I wanted but tried to not over due it. Well in 5 days I'm up 11lbs. I guess it's time to get back in the Gym and Proper Nutrition mode!!
Try this:
- Eat 100g Carbs/day
- Drink a decent amount of water
- Take a lot of Vit C
- Lift some weights
- Drink coffee throughout the day.

Give it 36-48 hours. You can also add an anti-estrogen and an anti-cortisol product and you'll drop even more. Erase Pro + Reduce XT

-

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Down 3lbs this morning

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Drop them carbs for a few days and water will vanish. Like above things like vitamin c can help out, or something like sns reduce xt.. But, mainly can drop a lot of water weight with cutting the carbs to 50 to 0 for like 3 days.

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
It's water weight, brother. You can't synthesize new fat cells so quickly. If you want, go back to the gym, do high rep/tension style workouts, drop the cals a bit without impacting protein and you'll be back in a few days.
Disagree here! Someone who is on their last couple weeks of contest prep and their metabolism is super dead, if they go on a ****fest of cake, sweets, ect for a week they could easily gain fat super fast!

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
I was reading something about an anabolic rebound like talked about above..

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Down 3 more pounds today ! Only 5 more to go!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My wife is like " How In The Heck Did You Lose 6lbs In 2 Day"

Magic !!!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Down (1) Today.............

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
4 more to get to Pre Vegas weight, 9 to Goal.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
It is good to have mini goals, my goal is to lose 1lb per week.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
How much carbs you cut?
I don't know, I have been losing weight since January about 1/2lbs a week right now I'm at about 25lbs. but I just eat sensible, I do keep track but I don't pay a lot of attention to it. I only do that when I get serious. I will be starting Nasty Mass in about a week and I will start paying attention more to the details.

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
I don't know, I have been losing weight since January about 1/2lbs a week right now I'm at about 25lbs. but I just eat sensible, I do keep track but I don't pay a lot of attention to it. I only do that when I get serious. I will be starting Nasty Mass in about a week and I will start paying attention more to the details.
Will you be logging your food on myfitnesspal?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
When I first posted this I din not plan to update it everyday, but it's like an addiction.

Down (1) more today....How ever going out tonight with a group from my wife's Gold's Gym for dinner, I will try and eat healthy, but sometimes that little devil on the other shoulder wins!

Abe, I have been at about 150grams of carbs per day this week, I did not keep track but last week I would bet I was over 1000 per day.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Well you are doing all good hah, back when I went on vacation for a week I was well over 3k over and reveres end the damage in about week.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Down (1) More Today!

Yesterday was fun, got a call from one of the renters at one one the properties I manager. that the Oil Tank in the basement had Busted Open, 6 hours and 480lbs of kitty liter later....thank'in care of !!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Only one pound away !!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm back up (2), Must be the "Nasty Mass"

papersteroid

Awards
Despite everything i've figured out how to put on weight just fine. It makes 3 straightforward steps…

1. Eat enough calories.
2. Get whatever is left of your eating routine right (protein, fat, carbs, supplements, and so on.).
3. Utilize a fitting workout schedule.

David147

Awards
Eat lots of protein and carbs, and then start lifting weights consistently 3 times a week. I know you said don't suggest the gym, but weight training really is the best way to healthily gain weight, and the fastest, best way to gain muscle mass. Unless of course you want to get fat. Then just eat pizza all day and don't do anything active.

Food that's rich in protein and low in fat: Chicken, cottage cheese, fish, turkey, steak, eggs, peanut butter. Also, if you really want, get some protein powder and make a shake within 30 minutes of lifting. The cottage cheese is especially good to eat right before bed because it contains chemicals that prevents muscle breakdown.