Visalus,Smoothies and Water Diet

Yabbs

Awards
A little background first. Was a gym rat until my daughter was born and have not been back since...that was 14yrs ago.
So needless to say I went from 6' 230lbs with BF @10% to 6' 250lbs with BF @30%+-. So back in Oct. 2011 I tried Visalus
and in 4 months weighed 188lbs basically starving myself. 1 shake at 530a, a low cal lunch at 200p and another shake at
700p and ALOT of water. My sizes were: waist 40 and shirt size XXL. After the 5 months my sizes were: waist 34 and shirt
size L. The problem is I was weak and lost a lot of muscle. Well now I'm at 220lbs and headed back to where I was in 2011.
I'm not up to date with all the supplements, diet aids etc. I need some advice to get back to the 185-190 range without feeling
the way I did in Feb 2012, weak and small. Also I'm now 46yrs old. Sorry for the long read.

jamesjudo5

Awards
A little background first. Was a gym rat until my daughter was born and have not been back since...that was 14yrs ago.
So needless to say I went from 6' 230lbs with BF @10% to 6' 250lbs with BF @30%+-. So back in Oct. 2011 I tried Visalus
and in 4 months weighed 188lbs basically starving myself. 1 shake at 530a, a low cal lunch at 200p and another shake at
700p and ALOT of water. My sizes were: waist 40 and shirt size XXL. After the 5 months my sizes were: waist 34 and shirt
size L. The problem is I was weak and lost a lot of muscle. Well now I'm at 220lbs and headed back to where I was in 2011.
I'm not up to date with all the supplements, diet aids etc. I need some advice to get back to the 185-190 range without feeling
the way I did in Feb 2012, weak and small. Also I'm now 46yrs old. Sorry for the long read.
I think most here would recommend a high protein diet cutting down on calories. First off what are you eating currently?
What's your gym program like?
I personally would say try a cyclic keto diet I've found it the easiest to do out of all the diets I've tried. As for your training I would start out very simple 2 day a week split.
Here's an example: day 1
3 sets of 10-12 reps of each
Squats
Overhead press
Bent over row
Day 2:
Bench press
Deadlift
Squats
Then I would try 30-40mins of cardio a few times a week.
On the supplement side it depends on how far your willing to go. Eca is probably a pretty safe bet. Most otc fat burners I've tried have been pretty crappy.