21- not dropping fat, is something off?

huggies

Awards
hey guys,

any suggestions or ideas on what may be preventing me to drop a bit of fat?
starting- I've always naturally carried a bit of fat and have never been lean, although ive never really been what you would call fat either. have put on some good muscle over the last few years and now i want to see where I'm at.
6'1''
currently at 97kg (214lbs)
approx. ~15% bodyfat

I have thought i could possibly have a hormone imbalance due to fat storage seeming strange? (thick hips and more fat on legs and ass than stomach) and if it would be worth getting some tests done?

train 5 nights a week, with 2 nights out of gym used for HIIT

diet
breakfast- cup oats, protein powder, handful berries

meal 2- 210g chicken, 1/2 avocado, salad/green veg

meal 3- 2x 90g tuna in oil, 1/2 avocado. handful spinach

pre workout meal- 200g steak, 1 cup brown rice, handful nuts

post workout shake- (30g WPI shake)

post workout meal- 3 egg whites, 2 whole eggs, 2 slice wholemeal bread

supplements- L-carnitine, protein, multivitamin

+about 3 litres water daily
usually get about 7 hours a sleep at night, and often feel stressed with study (if at all relevent)

I was advised by a friend that this would be addequate, and I could not find anything to say other wise. this has been my daily for about 4-5 weeks now without slipping, and it doesnt appear to have been working. I already feel low with these carbs and I'm not sure what else i should implement/change.

can give more details but this is what i think would important for now, cheers.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Your diet makes me hungry

Eat more food. Get calcium as well. Eat lots of fibrous veggies and move your starchy carbs to peri workout only (pre and post) you could try carb back loading, basically eating all your carbs following a work out when you are most sensitive to insulin. I think you're not eating enough is the biggest issue

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've been in your position before. When I "let go" of following such tight parameters RE diet, I had the best improvements in body composition. Just train hard and eat a lot of healthy foods. You can't get fat eating healthy clean foods like lean meats and veggies, keeping sugar low. The increase in calories will help jump start your metabolism and you'll be surprised how much you can eat and actually burn fat.

huggies

Awards
Ok thanks. yes I have been hungry between meals haha although because I wasnt 'starving', I assumed it was just part of the process. I do feel like I was looking better when I was eating more/ more carbs