Need help figuring out IF setup

brooklynn

brooklynn

Awards
Hey guys trying to setup a IF schedule. I work everyday on the railroad between 2:30 to about 11. Good bit of walking among other things, trying to figure out the perfect time to break fast as well as start fast. I usually hit the gym after I drop of my son around 8:30 am.
Also are protein shakes and bcaas consider breaking fast. THANKS

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
BCAA's no, protein shakes yes. Ideally you want 10g BCAA's pre WO, and 5g each hour post WO until you break your fast.

Are you doing 16/8? Also, is that 2:30pm - 11pm?

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Hey guys trying to setup a IF schedule. I work everyday on the railroad between 2:30 to about 11. Good bit of walking among other things, trying to figure out the perfect time to break fast as well as start fast. I usually hit the gym after I drop of my son around 8:30 am. Also are protein shakes and bcaas consider breaking fast. THANKS
Most do I.F. between 12pm & 8pm to enjoy lunch & dinner with family/friends.
BCAAs can be useful to preserve muscle. Some sites state consuming them does not count as breaking a fast & others do.
What I'll say is don't worry about taking BCAAs & take them if you are lifting around that time.

brooklynn

brooklynn

Awards
Wuz up Jr,
thats right buddy im doing 16/8 work from 2:30 pm to 11 pm, how do i do the bcaas again

brooklynn

brooklynn

Awards
Alright Aaron ill be working out around 8:30 am

brooklynn

brooklynn

Awards
i know this is weight loss but plan on using alphamax and maybe x factor during the cutting

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I followed the leangains.com IF when I did it, and like Aaron said, I followed the noon-8pm eating window.

However, you may chose to do something else being that most of that window is spent working. It's tricky though, because you get to WO so early.

It's important to still get in enough calories on the IF diet. It can be very easy to feel easily full on your first meal after you get used to not eating 16h/day.

Check out the aforementioned website. On one of his pages he has several breakdowns of when to time your window.

brooklynn

brooklynn

Awards
Thanks Jr
thats what got me so puzzled because of how i work i cant really eat between 2:30 to 11 because im pretty much non stop going

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Thanks Jr thats what got me so puzzled because of how i work i cant really eat between 2:30 to 11 because im pretty much non stop going
Well skip I.F. & get the calories and macros for your goals & eat when you feel like it.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Is IF really that great or not AAron
Most people use that diet for fat loss & for IIFYM lifestyle. I think what ever diet suits your goals is the go-to.
Personally I think the most important is to calculate how many calories you need & break that down via P/C/F.
Is your goal straight fat loss? Remember to exceed your calories going out vs. going in. So either eat less, do cardio, or both.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks Jr
thats what got me so puzzled because of how i work i cant really eat between 2:30 to 11 because im pretty much non stop going
You can do it the other way too. Eat from 6a-2p and then fast until 6a the next day. Or whatever fots your schedule

brooklynn

brooklynn

Awards
I'll be starving by the time i get off at 11 but that is one way

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is IF really that great or not AAron
I lost quite a bit of fat doing it.

Most people use that diet for fat loss & for IIFYM lifestyle. I think what ever diet suits your goals is the go-to.
Personally I think the most important is to calculate how many calories you need & break that down via P/C/F.
Is your goal straight fat loss? Remember to exceed your calories going out vs. going in. So either eat less, do cardio, or both.
But I now follow mostly this. With IF, the small window prevented me from overeating trying to fit my macros into that short window.

It'll work differently for each person though. You can always give it a shot and see how you feel after a few weeks.