Body recomp advice for 41yo

Bradruz

Awards
Hi all,

41 male looking for some advice, my foal is to reduce my body fat % and then work on bulking.

I've been lifting for 5 years, no great recomp progress apart from being skinny fat, fitter and lifting more. I think this is down to my diet. Although 8 years ago I was 17stone (107kg)

I've started to use IIFYM and my macros for a cut are:

I'm 93kg (205lb) and 192cm (6.3)

2290 cals a day
270 carb
179 pro
54 fat

I'm taking 50Mg DHEA with I3C and Oat Tincture Straw and Amentomax and pwo stim drink.

My BF on a machine at the gym stats I'm 23%, I expect more see pic (yes I need a holiday :))

On the above stack I feel great, great sense of well being, calm, lots of energy, way more than without, I'm able to hit the gym 4-5 times a week and progress going heavier with the weights. I've been doing it for 6 weeks.

Before this stack its always been a struggle as I work out in the morning and have two children, 3 and 7 weeks old.

My believe on the DHEA is to reset my hormones, however the more I research on here the more I'm unsure I'm doing the right thing.

I have one bottle of Anabeta and one Erase Pro untouched.

Should I stick with this or am I way off the mark.

Any advice appreciated, thanks

rawg

Awards
When I cut (and I'm doing it now), I usually up my protein/day vs carb/day. My maintenance cal is around 2600 now and I' m cutting at 2100-2200 cal/day. I've seen GREAT progress (i.e. Accelerated response) when my carb a day is less than 150g plus doing a cardio program like HIIT on a very low cardio day. Of course, on my lift days my strength may not be at its best but I am still able to lift my previous gains. But the goal is to cut so something else has to give, in a way (strength on lift), although not as bad as I thought it would be (this giving me hope that when my cut is over, my strength will come back plus some, along with lean mass). I think I'm running on ketones everyday now but I like the progress of my cut. So basically what I'm saying is, I think your carbs are too high and/or you're not spending much of your glycogen reserve as to put any dent on your fat composition.

max d

Awards
  • Established
Good to see your tracking your macros! Keep up the good work. Just keep the deficit going and every other week or so cut out some more carbs. When I get to 2000 cals I start intermitent fasting (I skip breakfast) just so I can still get 2 nice size meals in me instead of eating like a bird all day.

Bradruz

Awards
Thanks both

I tend to struggle to meet my carb macros but go over on fat (I guess this is the problem)

I'm going to go for 1.25 protein per lb lean mass so this will lower my carb macro amount

Any ideas if I'm wasting my time with DHEA?

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
at your age likely not. you have been declining the production of it naturally since about your early 20s. if it make you feel better you can take it at that dose for 8 weeks on 4 weeks off. some say you can just stay on but I like to cycle anything hormonal so the bodies receptors can clear out and refresh. you could run your other stuff while you take your 4 week break from DHEA

Bradruz

Awards
Thanks good to hear.

I have some DAA and Alphamine, I was thinking of using those 2 plus the Erase Pro for 4 weeks while off the DHEA.