Calories Post T3 Supplementation

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
I'm in my second cycle of Lyle McDonald's UD2 and implementing 50mcg of T3 this time.

I started at 25mcg for a few days and now I'm at 50mcg. I don't plan on exceeding this dose and this T3 cycle will last 4 weeks.

After these 4 weeks I will go back to maintenance, however I know that my thyroid will be suppressed. If maintenance calories are usually set by multiplying bw x14-16 (I usually hover around 14 mark), can I assume that I should be eating at bw x14 with a 10% deficit or should I just do bw x13?

And yes, my diet is on point. I track everything through myfitnesspal. Carb sources are always low gi (beans, oats, brown rice) and protein is always lean.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'm in my second cycle of Lyle McDonald's UD2 and implementing 50mcg of T3 this time.

I started at 25mcg for a few days and now I'm at 50mcg. I don't plan on exceeding this dose and this T3 cycle will last 4 weeks.

After these 4 weeks I will go back to maintenance, however I know that my thyroid will be suppressed. If maintenance calories are usually set by multiplying bw x14-16 (I usually hover around 14 mark), can I assume that I should be eating at bw x14 with a 10% deficit or should I just do bw x13?

And yes, my diet is on point. I track everything through myfitnesspal. Carb sources are always low gi (beans, oats, brown rice) and protein is always lean.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
If you're transitioning off of the diet into maintenance, you should already start by doing maintenance with a 10% reduction to account for adaptive thermogenesis. In this situation I would imagine a slightly higher reduction in caloric expenditure. Since you're only using it for 4 weeks, I would use that same formula and add 20-30min LISS cardio for two weeks after use, just to be on the safe side.

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
If you're transitioning off of the diet into maintenance, you should already start by doing maintenance with a 10% reduction to account for adaptive thermogenesis. In this situation I would imagine a slightly higher reduction in caloric expenditure. Since you're only using it for 4 weeks, I would use that same formula and add 20-30min LISS cardio for two weeks after use, just to be on the safe side.
Thanks for the response. That's what I was thinking.

I'll either do LISS or some HIIT since HIIT raises endogenous T3.

I'm going to set maintenance at bw x13.5 accounting for adaptive thermogenesis and slow thyroid output.

Would you recommend a low carb diet for these subsequent weeks as well?