Garcinia Cambogia?

Bchesney

Bchesney

Awards
I was hoping to get a little feed back on this supp~
I did some research on another popular site but couldn't seem to find much information outside few yes/no's that had nothing else to follow up with.

I recently received some Garcinia Cambogia along with some some other supps (this one to be exact and was curious if anyone on these forums has any advice or previous experience with this supp? I looked around at some other brands and it seems that the hydroxycitric acid is pretty consistent across all brands if that helps.

Any info anyone could shoot my way would be super! :D

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've never used that particular brand, but garcinia has a pretty distinct use for cheat meals in my opinion. It inhibits the process that carbs are converted to body fat and then stored. By using garcinia on a very low fat/high carb cheat meal, you sort of sabotage the enzymatic processes required by your body to create adipose tissue, allowing you to slam down some big carb meals. I utilize it on refeed days when I do a cyclical keto diet. However, if you eat any significant amount of dietary fat, the dietary fat is just stored as opposed to carbs.

Aside from that, i dont think the supplement has much benefit.

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
I was hoping to get a little feed back on this supp~
I did some research on another popular site but couldn't seem to find much information outside few yes/no's that had nothing else to follow up with.

I recently received some Garcinia Cambogia along with some some other supps (this one to be exact and was curious if anyone on these forums has any advice or previous experience with this supp? I looked around at some other brands and it seems that the hydroxycitric acid is pretty consistent across all brands if that helps.

Any info anyone could shoot my way would be super! :D
Just to add: it should be dosed pretty high. I believe at least 1 gram before each carb meal.

It halts dnl, but the research shows that dnl only occurs after significant overfeeding of CHO. We're taking 700g daily for a few days.

I'd implement it like kevinhy for cheat meals and nothing more.

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just to add: it should be dosed pretty high. I believe at least 1 gram before each carb meal.

It halts dnl, but the research shows that dnl only occurs after significant overfeeding of CHO. We're taking 700g daily for a few days.

I'd implement it like kevinhy for cheat meals and nothing more.
DNL also ramps up significantly when on low fat diet, so it MAY have some use if doing a very low fat diet (which i wouldnt recommend).

NickNackPW

NickNackPW

Awards
I've never used that particular brand, but garcinia has a pretty distinct use for cheat meals in my opinion. It inhibits the process that carbs are converted to body fat and then stored. By using garcinia on a very low fat/high carb cheat meal, you sort of sabotage the enzymatic processes required by your body to create adipose tissue, allowing you to slam down some big carb meals. I utilize it on refeed days when I do a cyclical keto diet. However, if you eat any significant amount of dietary fat, the dietary fat is just stored as opposed to carbs.

Aside from that, i dont think the supplement has much benefit.
^ This. I've used GC for exactly this and seen great results.