A little help

jball63

Awards
Hey guys, so I'm trying to dial my nutrition in for fat loss. I've been tracking my macros consistently with a few ups and downs the last 48 days. Currently f/c/p 60/250/165. I have lost some fat and am starting to lean out a little. I'm doing wendler 5/3/1 BBB 4 days per week with no cardio. Do my macros seem appropriate for conserving lean mass. Please, constructive feedback only.
image-52711422.jpg
Here is most recent pic. I know I'm fat and not aesthetic. Thanks for any help. Oh, and I'm 5'8 185 lbs

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Macros will vary person-to-person, depending on all kinds of things.

You are the best judge to see how your body is responding to your diet. The best thing would be a coach, but I assume you don't want one at this time.

The base doesn't look that bad, but I'd definitely add some form of cardio, even if only 10/day, and slowly work on upping the calories.

jball63

Awards
Thanks for feedback. I'll see how the next 2 weeks go. Might up the carbs by 25 gms if still losing weight.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
To preserve lean mass, I would bump your protein and work most of your carbs in peri-workout. Also as mentioned above, add in some cardio. You will not have to cut calories as much (if at all), if you increase your expenditure.

WILL_I_AM

WILL_I_AM

Awards
Like the above had mentioned, caloric intake is only a worry when cutting if you are bringing in much more than burning off. To preserve the muscle keep the Lean proteins high and watch carbs at certain times of the day. Like mentioned: cardio would be helpful to assure calorie expenditure is more than intake making sure any extra is burnt off rather than stored. (Which is obviously voodoo on a cut)

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
have you considered adding a fat burning supplement to your regimen (if u havnt already)? there some really good options out there right now, finaflex offers a couple of options. let me know if you would like to learn more about our line up.

jball63

Awards
Thanks for feedback. I'm currently taking erase and alphat2 stack. Hasn't been consistent though as there are days when I'm in a rush to get to work and forget to take them.

Might try some finaflex products....what are good ones that won't mess with my sleep and jitters?

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
Do you have goal and date set by which you want to meet said goal? If you don't you will never get where you want.