Cheat Meal after doing 8 Weeks of UD2

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
Sunday will be my last day of an 8 week run with UD2. I started at 13.6% bf and as of last thursday I was 8.7%.

Since the diet is so intense, lyle recommends a 2 week break every 6-8 weeks.

I've been very stringent and very diligent with my my macros and calories during this period and I want to reward myself with a cheat meal on sunday (this will be a day after a 3 hour "power" style workout hitting every body part for 3-6 sets at 3-6 reps).

From what I've read about cheat meals, is that it's better to schedule them at the end of the day so that at least the morning and afternoon are tracked/eaten accordingly.

My question is regarding the type of meal. I was thinking a bacon cheeseburger with fries and for dessert cookie dough ice cream (or vanilla ice cream and cookie dough on the side).

My question is regarding calories/macros for the first portion of the day. Since the meal will estimate 70-90 grams of fat, should just do a PSMF with protein shakes?

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
If you want to be an OCD type like myself, yes do a PSMF type diet but Id focus with lean meats and veggies instead of shakes (although 1-2 wont hurt if absolutely necessary).

Although in the grand scheme of things, you're giving yourself a much needed mental break so do whatever you feel like. After that day jump up to bodyweight x 15 - 10% or wherever you estimate your maintenance to be (with about 10% reduction to factor in for adaptive thermogenesis).

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
If you want to be an OCD type like myself, yes do a PSMF type diet but Id focus with lean meats and veggies instead of shakes (although 1-2 wont hurt if absolutely necessary).

Although in the grand scheme of things, you're giving yourself a much needed mental break so do whatever you feel like. After that day jump up to bodyweight x 15 - 10% or wherever you estimate your maintenance to be (with about 10% reduction to factor in for adaptive thermogenesis).
Thank you for the response and solid advice.

Monday will begin the 2 week maintenance period with a de-load, so the 10% reduction will be for monday only? Or should this carry over into tuesday?

My plan of attack is to raise calories back up to maintenance slowly. So monday and tuesday would be -10, wedneday -9, thursday -8, and so on and so forth till I reach maintenance? Or raise them in a quicker fashion?

Macros for the next 2 weeks consist of a 30f/40c/30p split to reset metabolism with plenty of fiber, veges and low gi carbs.

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Thank you for the response and solid advice.

Monday will begin the 2 week maintenance period with a de-load, so the 10% reduction will be for monday only? Or should this carry over into tuesday?

My plan of attack is to raise calories back up to maintenance slowly. So monday and tuesday would be -10, wedneday -9, thursday -8, and so on and so forth till I reach maintenance? Or raise them in a quicker fashion?

Macros for the next 2 weeks consist of a 30f/40c/30p split to reset metabolism with plenty of fiber, veges and low gi carbs.
How steep is your deficit? Typically when I ramp back up to maintenance calories, I'll add around 30g carb a day for a week until I'm around maintenance. It looks like this:

Week 1 - 30g carb additional
Week 2 - 50-60g additional carbs
Week 3 - 80-90g additional carbs

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
How steep is your deficit? Typically when I ramp back up to maintenance calories, I'll add around 30g carb a day for a week until I'm around maintenance. It looks like this:

UD2 is an oddball of a system.

Basically monday-wed you are on half of your maintenance cals while doing depletion workouts. Each bodypart gets hit for 12 sets of 15 (smaller ones around 8 sets). Thursday you do 2/3 of what you were on mon-wed then you do a tension workout of 2x6-12 for each bodypart and begin a carb up that lasts through friday evening. Saturday is a power workout and sunday is rest.

Mon-wed: 1200 cals
Thurs morn-afternoon: 900 cals
Thurs night-friday night: (total calories over this 36hr period) 5000-6000 cals
Sat: maintenance or -10%, so about 2100-2400
Sun: same or -25% so 1800-2100.

malik2630

Awards

will this works?