ANY OPINONS ON DOING KETO (CKD) WHILE INTERMITTEN FASTING.

abidur03

abidur03

Awards
ive dont both in different time never together. IF doesnt make a big difference for me compared to keto so i thought why not stack them together. I would like to hear other members story's or experiences on them. hopefully success stories :) im 10 days in so far and lost 7 lbs mostly just water weight.

MuscleReview

MuscleReview

Awards
Seems like overkill to me. Anything will "work" if you can comply to a calorie deficit long enough to see the desired results.

abidur03

abidur03

Awards
I always try to get my deficit from my cardio. i eat around or just 100 to 200 calories below my maintenance.

MuscleReview

MuscleReview

Awards
As long as that works for you sounds good.

MuscleReview

MuscleReview

Awards
And keep in mind there's more than one way to do IF. You can go 24 hours without eating every 5 days or so. But another option is the 16-8 approach--eating only within an 8 hour window every day.

abidur03

abidur03

Awards
I EITHER DO 16-8 OR 18-6. I REMEMBER LAST YEAR THE FIRST TIME I DID IF I HAD BETTER RESULTS FOR SOME REASON.

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
My opinion on keto is its the worst diet ever. Carbs are humans best friend. :p. Seriously though, tried high carb and low carb cuts. Not a single benefit to low carb was seen, for me, besides water weight. Only negatives.

abidur03

abidur03

Awards
true about the water weight lol its just hard to do high carb and cut for me. but the workouts are a whole lot better i can last for ever with keto i always end up cutting it short. maybe an hour of lifting as hard as i can then doing an hour of cardio really really light intensity just to help my calorie deficit because i dont ever go too under my maintenance calories when i cut on keto lol

MuscleReview

MuscleReview

Awards
If you think about it both low carb and IF accomplish something similar--a period of time without carbs. But you do at some point have to eat them to refill muscle glycogen. Cyclical ketogenic diets work by allowing you to carb up on the weekends. The 16-8 allows you do carb up every afternoon/evening.

I really like the Renegade Diet. Approach to IF.
You can check it out if you are interested. http://musclereview.net/renegade-diet-review-jason-ferruggia/

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Go for it.

Might I also suggest Amino IV for during the fasting periods. HICA + BCAAs should help muscle preservation if that is a concern of yours

abidur03

abidur03

Awards
hica? carbs?.. i take modern bcaa intra/during workout only but its 8:1:1 ratio im thinking to switch over to something with 2:1:1 because of the high content of leucine is known to slightly kickedout of ketosis. i make sure to get around my maintenance in be the end of the day so i do the 16/8 fast