New member! Advice

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72%

New member! Advice

Hey everyone new member not so long lurker just want to change my health currently 299lbs 5'11 and just want to take it slow and make a lifestyle change before I go hardcore any advice to continue motivation is helpful, thanks

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.1%

We can't motivate you, that has to come from within. What this forum can do is give feedback on specific questions or ideas you have. We can support you in your logs, compare training notes, and shoot the **** in the off-topic forum. I wish you the best of luck with your current goal and my only motivation is that its gonna suck but its going to be worth it.
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.36%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Advice:

Read A LOT of reputable sources that give tips on your goals.

Avoid supplements until you are at your desired bodyweight.

Do it slow. By changing only one or two things at a time, you will make steady progress and be able to assess how a specific change affects your weight loss.

No idea what your diet is like- but if u drink any soda- diet or regular. Stop it YESTERDAY. U dont need it; it's poison. Same goes for anything processed and loaded with sugar and preservatives. That stuff is killing people around the world. Once u eliminate sugar and trans fats and preservatives- you will easily lose 100 pounds rather quickly that's no exaggeration.
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"
    Follow my 2014 training and supps!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.12%

Good post above me. Even simple lifestyle changes can have long lasting benefits
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.56%

It doesn't happen over night! You can put on weight fast but it takes much longer to lose it. Good luck! You know what isn't good for you. So just say no! Have will, and be serious about a change..
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72%

Thanks so much to everyone who responded I will use all advice on this journey and stay a active member to learn as I go
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.15%

My recommendation is to realize that fitness is a lifetime journey. Its not going to happen overnight. Watch your diet, and exercise. Good things will happen to you.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  194 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.45%

Check out other peoples progress and see how they have changed and how much happier they are.
    I originally lost 45lb of weight when starting all this 4years ago, since then I cant tell you how much happier and confident you feel, especially as now ive put on a load of muscle (25-30lb)

You will have days you dont want to diet or eat clean, but just smash that food down and get on with it, throw in a cheat meal once a week and look forward to it, this will help massively.

Good luck
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.15%

You've got that right! There are days its tougher to stay on schedule, on those days I tell myself I'll feel so much better once I start lifting. And invariably once I get started I don't want to stop. Lifting makes me feel good, its almost like a drug.......
    Quote Originally Posted by grinnell27 View Post
    Check out other peoples progress and see how they have changed and how much happier they are.
    I originally lost 45lb of weight when starting all this 4years ago, since then I cant tell you how much happier and confident you feel, especially as now ive put on a load of muscle (25-30lb)

You will have days you dont want to diet or eat clean, but just smash that food down and get on with it, throw in a cheat meal once a week and look forward to it, this will help massively.

Good luck
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.83%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by rscouture1 View Post
    Hey everyone new member not so long lurker just want to change my health currently 299lbs 5'11 and just want to take it slow and make a lifestyle change before I go hardcore any advice to continue motivation is helpful, thanks
    consistency in all things will be the game changer for you. stick to it, all of it. learn it love it live it
    welcome to the forums from iForce !
    FINAFLEX forum rep
    visit our website at finaflex.com

Similar Forum Threads

1. I'm a new member I need some advice...
    By takedown23 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-03-2010, 08:32 PM
  2. new member, fitsy cycle advice?
    By undertheiorn in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-08-2010, 10:33 PM
  3. new member, first cycle advice!
    By undertheiorn in forum Old School Hormone Use
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-02-2010, 03:58 PM
  4. New member - needs advice