Nutrition Tracker

dbrock504

dbrock504

Awards
my current diet, it is roughly 1300-1500 calories with 169P/36C/13F while the main goal of fat loss while maintaining lean muscle. If there are any suggestion please let me know I need to cut fat fast as to I have to weigh in monthly and cutting water weight every month is killing me. Thank you in advance.
Wait, what? You are eating 1300-1500 cal!!?? Dude I'm 5'9 183lbs and my BMR is 1900. BMR!!! You will lose a lot of muscle at that low calories like that. You need to learn nutrition buddy. Quit eating sodium. That will help keep off water weight. Your fats are stupid low. STUPID low. Protein become more important as you cut. Again, go do some basic reading on nutrition before you end up looking like a twig. My 5'2 110lb wife eats more than that when she cuts. Not trying to be rude...

dbrock504

dbrock504

Awards
Since my last post was dbag-ish, I'm going to try and help you. What are your stats? Height, weight, bf%. What is your est calculated BMR and TDEE? If you are loosing more than ~2lb/week you can go ahead and assume you're loosing more than fat. Assuming you've already lost your initial water weight.

TheBabb1989

Awards
71" 227lbs and 23%BF. BMR 2037 and TDEE 3428. It's a low calorie diet with a refeed every 3-4 days. I'm doing it for three weeks to drop weight then slowly bring back up my calories to the normal number.

JeremyNG25

JeremyNG25

Awards
  • Established
71" 227lbs and 23%BF. BMR 2037 and TDEE 3428. It's a low calorie diet with a refeed every 3-4 days. I'm doing it for three weeks to drop weight then slowly bring back up my calories to the normal number.
Taking any supplements, steroids, rocket fuel, etc? Just curious because YES that makes a difference

TheBabb1989

Awards
CLA, Shred Matrix, Whey Protein Powder, Fish Oil, Multi Vitamin and BCAAs

TheBabb1989

Awards
Taking any supplements, steroids, rocket fuel, etc? Just curious because YES that makes a difference
CLA, Shred Matrix, Whey Protein Powder, Fish Oil, Multi Vitamin and BCAAs

dbrock504

dbrock504

Awards
Oh my god bro. You're going to kill yourself. First of all, if your BMR is 2037, then your TDEE is ~2900. Not 3400. The "rule of thumb" is to start at your TDEE (~2900) and work down 200 cal every 2-4 weeks until you see 1 lb/week. To experiment further, you can go down even more by 200 cal increments until you get to 2 lb/week. Obviously, you want to do this fast. So you think by going 700 cal below your BMR, not TDEE, but BMR, you think that will give you better results. Well, I can tell you that not only are you loosing your MMI, but you are essentially anorexic. Again, my 5'2 110lb wife eats more than that to cut. Right now she is doing 1200cal 150P/90C/65F. Please go do some research on proper dieting. Also, you are 23%bf. You don't need refeeds. Refeeds are for people with low bf% such as a body builder looking to show who is <10%bf and has low leptin levels. They carb load to spike the hormone in their metabolism to promote the continuous fat burn. You are no where near that level. Where in the hell did you hear a re-feed takes place every 3-4 days? Sorry to shake your tree here man, but it seems you need to hear it. You don't know what the hell you are doing in the least bit. Eat 2500 cal. That's 400 under your TDEE. ~190C/260P/80F. That comes out to about 2500 cal. It might seem high to you, but you are bigger. 5'9 227lbs 23% needs a more than myself at 5'9 183lbs 14%. A maintenance diet should look like ~300C/200P/100F. Do as you will. This is a slow process. Diet and weight loss does not happen over night or a few weeks for you to get on a scale. Hate to break the bad news, but it's the truth.

David147

Awards
I, too, have searched many sites for free online tracking. I used fitday.com for awhile. sparkpeople.com is a great site - I like the accountability of being able to have a buddy to share exercise logs with. They also have a GREAT feature where you can get a map of your area and track the distance you have walked or run. You can also enter your time and get some stats. It makes it so easy to find new walking and running routes and yet still be able to know the mileage!

Dulce

Dulce

Awards
like another poster mentioned, your calories are too low.

I am cutting off 1500 calories and i'm 5'6 118. you can very easily bump your calories up. You are going to have a difficult time with energy, muscle retention and gain at the rate you are going. Be careful that you don't mess up your metabolism. I've been down that road before, not fun.