cheat day vs refeed

  1. onebabooze808's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  105 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    114
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    94.07%

    cheat day vs refeed


    Whats the difference in the concept and which is recommended when fat loss stalls

  2. Diamond Member
    Driven2lift's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Age
    25
    Posts
    10,089
    Rep Power
    10742491
    Level
    117
    Lv. Percent
    61.02%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity God

    Refeeds are planned and still counted, typically being an increase in carbohydrate intake to replenish glycogen for various hormonal, mood, energy benefits.

    Cheat meals are a "i deserve a break from being so strict" meal where you eat what you want. No counting or tracking. Ideally (to limit damage) just one meal.

    In the midst of a good dietary regiment neither should be detrimental. If you are already very lean I opt for refeeds only, to keep weight loss from stalling
    Athletix Representative; Use the code Driven for 10% off at athletixsports.com
    Orbit Nutrition Representative;
    Use the code SOCIAL for 10% off at Orbit
  3. New Member
    rhoadx's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    199
    Rep Power
    505674
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    67.88%
    Achievements Activity Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by onebabooze808 View Post
    Whats the difference in the concept and which is recommended when fat loss stalls
    Refeeds are used for low carb diets. You have one day where you greatly increase your carbs but keep fats as low as possible. This restores glycogen, boosts leptin. Cheat meals are just one "screw it" meal that consists of something not on your diet. Both can be beneficial if used correctly .
    •   
       

  4. Elite Member
    Montego1's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  236 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    8,917
    Rep Power
    7613706
    Level
    97
    Lv. Percent
    40.68%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Driven2lift View Post
    Refeeds are planned and still counted, typically being an increase in carbohydrate intake to replenish glycogen for various hormonal, mood, energy benefits.

    Cheat meals are a "i deserve a break from being so strict" meal where you eat what you want. No counting or tracking. Ideally (to limit damage) just one meal.

    In the midst of a good dietary regiment neither should be detrimental. If you are already very lean I opt for refeeds only, to keep weight loss from stalling
    Solid info here.
    FINAFLEX PRODUCT EDUCATOR
    Visist our website at www.FINAFLEX.com

    ​" If you're looking for a work horse.......I'm no Clydesdale."
  5. onebabooze808's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  105 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    114
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    94.07%

    Thanx. Wich one is better for resetting leptin?
  6. Professional Member
    AntM1564's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,362
    Rep Power
    4992766
    Level
    80
    Lv. Percent
    69.54%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by onebabooze808 View Post
    Thanx. Wich one is better for resetting leptin?
    Give the following article a read, it will probably answer all questions you have.

    http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...meal_manifesto
    Performax Labs Product Specialist
    Like Us On Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/PmaxLabs
  7. onebabooze808's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  105 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    114
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    94.07%

    Quote Originally Posted by AntM1564 View Post
    Give the following article a read, it will probably answer all questions you have.

    http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...meal_manifesto
    Mahalos braddah
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Soda vs Beer on cheat days?
    By Doss in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 11-20-2011, 10:04 PM
  2. Refeed/Cheat Day?
    By burritos in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-25-2010, 06:51 AM
  3. Sesamin vs DCP vs TTA for once/week cheat day
    By Whacked in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-16-2007, 05:04 PM
  4. WOOHOO Cheat Day
    By BingeAndPurge in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-07-2004, 01:52 PM
  5. For Cheat Day - [McDonald's Recipes]
    By Sheesh in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-23-2003, 10:31 PM
Log in
Log in