Can one day of bad eating ruin progress

kkhx3

kkhx3

Awards
I've read before that one day of bad eating can ruin a weeks progress in weight loss.. Feeling slightly guilty as I've just ate 8 pieces of toast lol, is this true?

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No. You are fine. Just hop back on the wagon and keep pushing forward as normal

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
I've read before that one day of bad eating can ruin a weeks progress in weight loss.. Feeling slightly guilty as I've just ate 8 pieces of toast lol, is this true?
You are fine man :)

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Epic cheat day crew checking in.

No. You'll be fine.

Infact...an over eat of 10,000 calories won't really hurt in the long run. If you're not competing then have fun with it!

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
Epic cheat day crew checking in. No. You'll be fine. Infact...an over eat of 10,000 calories won't really hurt in the long run. If you're not competing then have fun with it!
If you do this every week, it will!

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
Just hop back on the train no worries brother

Indulge a bit, crush your legs then go to town on some Chipotle. That's my go to lol

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
You will be fine bruh! You only ate about 800 cal....if that many!

Edit: and for the record, if you do splurge like a maniac, lol its better to splurge on carbs or protein! Fats is the worst thing to splurge on! Ive had my dealings with peanut butter! Calories can rack up very, very quick!

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
If you figure 1lb of fat is ~3500cals, it takes a pretty large binge to really do damage. Any weight fluctuations from a small cheat will be water weight.

kkhx3

kkhx3

Awards
Thank you for all the replies! Feeling less guilty now!! Lol :)

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you figure 1lb of fat is ~3500cals, it takes a pretty large binge to really do damage. Any weight fluctuations from a small cheat will be water weight.
Not true and I wish the 3500 thing would die. You can store 10 grams of fat a day and eventually get a pound. Even on a small surplus.

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
Not true and I wish the 3500 thing would die. You can store 10 grams of fat a day and eventually get a pound. Even on a small surplus.

I'm not really following you. I'm not saying you wont gain any fat from anything under 3500cal surplus, at all. I'm saying IF 1lb is equivalent to ~3500cals you aren't going to do alot of damage IN ONE DAY from a little binge. Granted, I didn't say in one day, but that was what the context of the question was.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Define bad eating...

musclecrip

Awards
Looking for a cycle that will help me build muscle in my weaker arm. I have been on test/deca prescribed by doc for about 3 years now. Recently added dbol to good results. Now am on proviron/dbol which seems to be a good cycle for me.

A bit about me: I was in a car accident as a baby-18 months old, and I have limited use of my left side. My right arm is diesel. My left arm is acceptable. Or as my significant other says, my right arm is the hot one and the left arm is the one with the good personality.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm not really following you. I'm not saying you wont gain any fat from anything under 3500cal surplus, at all. I'm saying IF 1lb is equivalent to ~3500cals you aren't going to do alot of damage IN ONE DAY from a little binge. Granted, I didn't say in one day, but that was what the context of the question was.
My point was people concentrate on the 3500 thing way to much. Disregarding metabolic function and other stressers.
Anywhos....One day won't hurt. He is not competing. He should nut up, get back on the wagon and relax. That was my original point.

I am known to word things badly if I'm in a mood.

eluruguayo

eluruguayo

Awards
It goes further than the other posters on here are saying.

Ironically, a %100 perfect diet will stymie your progress much, much more. You NEED off-days, for reasons both known (leptin, etc) and unknown ("keep your body guessing").

The reason I'm bothering to tell you all this is, you seem to be the type who might fall into the "My diet has to be perfect all the time" trap. That's a valid mentality for some situations, like 12-steppers for drug/alcohol addiction. But for nutrition ... well, no. No.

I mean, you're actually feeling guilt over ... eight pieces of toast.
You might just be trolling.
If you're not trolling, then ... dude, 8 pieces of toast is hardly bacchanalia. If you're thinking along those lines, then the best prescription might be to go throw down a whole deep-dish pizza before you get back on the wagon.

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
It goes further than the other posters on here are saying. Ironically, a %100 perfect diet will stymie your progress much, much more. You NEED off-days, for reasons both known (leptin, etc) and unknown ("keep your body guessing"). The reason I'm bothering to tell you all this is, you seem to be the type who might fall into the "My diet has to be perfect all the time" trap. That's a valid mentality for some situations, like 12-steppers for drug/alcohol addiction. But for nutrition ... well, no. No. I mean, you're actually feeling guilt over ... eight pieces of toast. You might just be trolling. If you're not trolling, then ... dude, 8 pieces of toast is hardly bacchanalia. If you're thinking along those lines, then the best prescription might be to go throw down a whole deep-dish pizza before you get back on the wagon.
I think the OP is female bruh!

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Guys, I think this is a girl based on the av.

In any case, I wonder if I can still call it a cheat meal when about 40% of mine are. :) Ahhh, genetics and TRT rule.

fatty

fatty

Awards
  • Established
If you do this every week, it will!
I binged once a week, from the time I woke up till bed, some days hitting >10,000 calories and still managed to drop body fat. Did this over the course of a year.
I have wised up since being diagnosed with severe Gerd, barrett's esophagus, ulcer, and stomach inflammation, now only enjoy a cheat meal once a week or every 2 weeks, but I did do it successfully

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
I binged once a week, from the time I woke up till bed, some days hitting >10,000 calories and still managed to drop body fat. Did this over the course of a year. I have wised up since being diagnosed with severe Gerd, barrett's esophagus, ulcer, and stomach inflammation, now only enjoy a cheat meal once a week or every 2 weeks, but I did do it successfully
I find this hard to believe if you ate the way you say you were eating! 10,000 plus calories is insane! Well 3 reasons why you still lost weight!

1. You were using all kinds of cutting AAS/PH

2. You were starving yourself the other 6 days of the week!

3. Your over 300lbs, and did tons of cardio!

fatty

fatty

Awards
  • Established
I find this hard to believe if you ate the way you say you were eating! 10,000 plus calories is insane! Well 3 reasons why you still lost weight!

1. You were using all kinds of cutting AAS/PH

2. You were starving yourself the other 6 days of the week!

3. Your over 300lbs, and did tons of cardio!
No aas, was doing lots of hiit workouts, calories were only around 1500 a day the other 6 days. Went from around 228 down to 168 over the course of a year

Billy R

Billy R

Awards
One day of overindulging won't make you fat any more than one day of lifting weights will make you look like Lou Ferrigno......