Can one day of bad eating ruin progress

  1. New Member
    kkhx3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    6
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    39.17%

    Can one day of bad eating ruin progress


    I've read before that one day of bad eating can ruin a weeks progress in weight loss.. Feeling slightly guilty as I've just ate 8 pieces of toast lol, is this true?

  2. Pro Virili Parte
    JudoJosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    8,927
    Rep Power
    2534643
    Level
    79
    Lv. Percent
    93.07%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    No. You are fine. Just hop back on the wagon and keep pushing forward as normal
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  3. Elite Member
    McCrew530's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,562
    Rep Power
    2789084
    Level
    75
    Lv. Percent
    87.53%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by kkhx3 View Post
    I've read before that one day of bad eating can ruin a weeks progress in weight loss.. Feeling slightly guilty as I've just ate 8 pieces of toast lol, is this true?
    You are fine man
    Rep For IronFlex
    Use the CODE MCCREW20 to save 20% off of EVERYTHING on the IronFlex site.
    •   
       

  4. Professional Member
    pyrobatt's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  241 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,456
    Rep Power
    1188230
    Level
    58
    Lv. Percent
    66.89%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by kkhx3 View Post
    I've read before that one day of bad eating can ruin a weeks progress in weight loss.. Feeling slightly guilty as I've just ate 8 pieces of toast lol, is this true?
    Epic cheat day crew checking in.

    No. You'll be fine.

    Infact...an over eat of 10,000 calories won't really hurt in the long run. If you're not competing then have fun with it!
    Representative of Chaos and Pain, LLC
    https://www.facebook.com/ChaosAndPain Like us on facebook!
    http://www.chaosandpain.com/
  5. Senior Member
    NattyForLife's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  192 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,946
    Rep Power
    1420474
    Level
    56
    Lv. Percent
    21.44%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by pyrobatt View Post
    Epic cheat day crew checking in. No. You'll be fine. Infact...an over eat of 10,000 calories won't really hurt in the long run. If you're not competing then have fun with it!
    If you do this every week, it will!
    Body Performance Solutions (BPS) Representative
  6. Professional Member
    pyrobatt's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  241 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,456
    Rep Power
    1188230
    Level
    58
    Lv. Percent
    66.89%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by NattyForLife View Post

    If you do this every week, it will!
    He was talking one day. However yes..If done every week it will.
    Representative of Chaos and Pain, LLC
    https://www.facebook.com/ChaosAndPain Like us on facebook!
    http://www.chaosandpain.com/
  7. Board Sponsor
    Swolbraham's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,695
    Rep Power
    959561
    Level
    56
    Lv. Percent
    51.81%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Just hop back on the train no worries brother

    Indulge a bit, crush your legs then go to town on some Chipotle. That's my go to lol
    PM If You Have Any Questions Regarding Our Products!
  8. Senior Member
    NattyForLife's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  192 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,946
    Rep Power
    1420474
    Level
    56
    Lv. Percent
    21.44%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by kkhx3 View Post
    I've read before that one day of bad eating can ruin a weeks progress in weight loss.. Feeling slightly guilty as I've just ate 8 pieces of toast lol, is this true?
    You will be fine bruh! You only ate about 800 cal....if that many!

    Edit: and for the record, if you do splurge like a maniac, lol its better to splurge on carbs or protein! Fats is the worst thing to splurge on! Ive had my dealings with peanut butter! Calories can rack up very, very quick!
    Body Performance Solutions (BPS) Representative
  9. Advanced Member
    blacklac's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  178 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    848
    Rep Power
    554818
    Level
    36
    Lv. Percent
    90.52%
    Achievements Activity Pro

    If you figure 1lb of fat is ~3500cals, it takes a pretty large binge to really do damage. Any weight fluctuations from a small cheat will be water weight.
    My Protein shake brings all the girls to the yard
  10. New Member
    kkhx3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    6
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    39.17%

    Thank you for all the replies! Feeling less guilty now!! Lol
  11. Professional Member
    pyrobatt's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  241 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,456
    Rep Power
    1188230
    Level
    58
    Lv. Percent
    66.89%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by blacklac View Post
    If you figure 1lb of fat is ~3500cals, it takes a pretty large binge to really do damage. Any weight fluctuations from a small cheat will be water weight.
    Not true and I wish the 3500 thing would die. You can store 10 grams of fat a day and eventually get a pound. Even on a small surplus.
    Representative of Chaos and Pain, LLC
    https://www.facebook.com/ChaosAndPain Like us on facebook!
    http://www.chaosandpain.com/
  12. Advanced Member
    blacklac's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  178 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    848
    Rep Power
    554818
    Level
    36
    Lv. Percent
    90.52%
    Achievements Activity Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by pyrobatt View Post
    Not true and I wish the 3500 thing would die. You can store 10 grams of fat a day and eventually get a pound. Even on a small surplus.


    I'm not really following you. I'm not saying you wont gain any fat from anything under 3500cal surplus, at all. I'm saying IF 1lb is equivalent to ~3500cals you aren't going to do alot of damage IN ONE DAY from a little binge. Granted, I didn't say in one day, but that was what the context of the question was.
    My Protein shake brings all the girls to the yard
  13. Elite Member
    hvactech's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,573
    Rep Power
    2717713
    Level
    79
    Lv. Percent
    2.68%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Define bad eating...
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  14. New Member
    musclecrip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    4
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    5.83%

    Looking for a cycle that will help me build muscle in my weaker arm. I have been on test/deca prescribed by doc for about 3 years now. Recently added dbol to good results. Now am on proviron/dbol which seems to be a good cycle for me.

    A bit about me: I was in a car accident as a baby-18 months old, and I have limited use of my left side. My right arm is diesel. My left arm is acceptable. Or as my significant other says, my right arm is the hot one and the left arm is the one with the good personality.
  15. Professional Member
    pyrobatt's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  241 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,456
    Rep Power
    1188230
    Level
    58
    Lv. Percent
    66.89%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by blacklac View Post

    I'm not really following you. I'm not saying you wont gain any fat from anything under 3500cal surplus, at all. I'm saying IF 1lb is equivalent to ~3500cals you aren't going to do alot of damage IN ONE DAY from a little binge. Granted, I didn't say in one day, but that was what the context of the question was.
    My point was people concentrate on the 3500 thing way to much. Disregarding metabolic function and other stressers.
    Anywhos....One day won't hurt. He is not competing. He should nut up, get back on the wagon and relax. That was my original point.

    I am known to word things badly if I'm in a mood.
    Representative of Chaos and Pain, LLC
    https://www.facebook.com/ChaosAndPain Like us on facebook!
    http://www.chaosandpain.com/
  16. New Member
    eluruguayo's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  177 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Age
    37
    Posts
    91
    Rep Power
    28710
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    17.92%

    It goes further than the other posters on here are saying.

    Ironically, a %100 perfect diet will stymie your progress much, much more. You NEED off-days, for reasons both known (leptin, etc) and unknown ("keep your body guessing").

    The reason I'm bothering to tell you all this is, you seem to be the type who might fall into the "My diet has to be perfect all the time" trap. That's a valid mentality for some situations, like 12-steppers for drug/alcohol addiction. But for nutrition ... well, no. No.

    I mean, you're actually feeling guilt over ... eight pieces of toast.
    You might just be trolling.
    If you're not trolling, then ... dude, 8 pieces of toast is hardly bacchanalia. If you're thinking along those lines, then the best prescription might be to go throw down a whole deep-dish pizza before you get back on the wagon.
  17. Senior Member
    NattyForLife's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  192 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,946
    Rep Power
    1420474
    Level
    56
    Lv. Percent
    21.44%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by eluruguayo View Post
    It goes further than the other posters on here are saying. Ironically, a %100 perfect diet will stymie your progress much, much more. You NEED off-days, for reasons both known (leptin, etc) and unknown ("keep your body guessing"). The reason I'm bothering to tell you all this is, you seem to be the type who might fall into the "My diet has to be perfect all the time" trap. That's a valid mentality for some situations, like 12-steppers for drug/alcohol addiction. But for nutrition ... well, no. No. I mean, you're actually feeling guilt over ... eight pieces of toast. You might just be trolling. If you're not trolling, then ... dude, 8 pieces of toast is hardly bacchanalia. If you're thinking along those lines, then the best prescription might be to go throw down a whole deep-dish pizza before you get back on the wagon.
    I think the OP is female bruh!
    Body Performance Solutions (BPS) Representative
  18. Professional Member
    kisaj's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,608
    Rep Power
    1334593
    Level
    63
    Lv. Percent
    93.13%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Guys, I think this is a girl based on the av.

    In any case, I wonder if I can still call it a cheat meal when about 40% of mine are. Ahhh, genetics and TRT rule.
    Black Lion Research Representative
  19. New Member
    fatty's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    38
    Posts
    236
    Rep Power
    260
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    90.41%

    Quote Originally Posted by NattyForLife View Post
    If you do this every week, it will!
    I binged once a week, from the time I woke up till bed, some days hitting >10,000 calories and still managed to drop body fat. Did this over the course of a year.
    I have wised up since being diagnosed with severe Gerd, barrett's esophagus, ulcer, and stomach inflammation, now only enjoy a cheat meal once a week or every 2 weeks, but I did do it successfully
  20. Senior Member
    NattyForLife's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  192 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,946
    Rep Power
    1420474
    Level
    56
    Lv. Percent
    21.44%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by fatty View Post
    I binged once a week, from the time I woke up till bed, some days hitting >10,000 calories and still managed to drop body fat. Did this over the course of a year. I have wised up since being diagnosed with severe Gerd, barrett's esophagus, ulcer, and stomach inflammation, now only enjoy a cheat meal once a week or every 2 weeks, but I did do it successfully
    I find this hard to believe if you ate the way you say you were eating! 10,000 plus calories is insane! Well 3 reasons why you still lost weight!

    1. You were using all kinds of cutting AAS/PH

    2. You were starving yourself the other 6 days of the week!

    3. Your over 300lbs, and did tons of cardio!
    Body Performance Solutions (BPS) Representative
  21. New Member
    fatty's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    38
    Posts
    236
    Rep Power
    260
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    90.41%

    Quote Originally Posted by NattyForLife View Post
    I find this hard to believe if you ate the way you say you were eating! 10,000 plus calories is insane! Well 3 reasons why you still lost weight!

    1. You were using all kinds of cutting AAS/PH

    2. You were starving yourself the other 6 days of the week!

    3. Your over 300lbs, and did tons of cardio!
    No aas, was doing lots of hiit workouts, calories were only around 1500 a day the other 6 days. Went from around 228 down to 168 over the course of a year
  22. New Member
    Billy R's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Age
    52
    Posts
    93
    Rep Power
    106067
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    97.35%

    One day of overindulging won't make you fat any more than one day of lifting weights will make you look like Lou Ferrigno......
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhx3 View Post
    I've read before that one day of bad eating can ruin a weeks progress in weight loss.. Feeling slightly guilty as I've just ate 8 pieces of toast lol, is this true?
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-01-2005, 08:31 AM
  2. 36 days of progress (will have more later)
    By DieTrying in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 03-09-2005, 12:44 AM
  3. My One Year Of Progress
    By ClintZ28 in forum Pics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-01-2004, 11:12 AM
  4. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-18-2004, 11:50 AM
  5. Diet plan (start of cutting cycle) One day
    By Matthew D in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-19-2002, 02:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in