Post Cardio Nutrition... - AnabolicMinds.com

Post Cardio Nutrition...

1. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'2"  180 lbs.

Post Cardio Nutrition...

We all know what to eat pre and post workout, and most have a view on what to eat (or not to eat for those empty stomach morning guys) before cardio, but I personally am lost on what to consume post cardio. I've heard everything from fats to fasting an hour or two after cardio then continue eating as normal. Anyone here have a view?

And would the post cardio nutrition change depending upon intensity, and if you ate anything before?

2. Board Supporter

Good post, I'd be interested to hear some feedback on this as well as I've just started morning, fasted, low-intensity (40 min @ 60% MaxHR) cardio.

I've been taking one serving of Scivation XTend (BCAA product) prior to the cardio and eating breakfast about an hour later (after ****/shower/shave) which is usually egg whites, Canadian Back Bacon, potatoes, and a whey protein shake.

MMmmm Back Bacon...
  3. New Member

i would eat a balanced, protein and carb meal, if you do low-GI, should be the same as weight training PWO, you can cut down on carbs a bit if you want, but thats just nit picking
    •   

4. Jag
    Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  272 lbs.

this confused the hell outta me for years

i found (after MUCH experimenting) that protein only before & after works best for me.
    egg whites & whey before & whole eggs & whey after followed by normal eating an hour or so after that.

this is just for cardio only days.

Jag
  5. Board Supporter

theres been a lot of discussion on this. You have to try things and go with what works for you. For instance, I dont like fasted cardio so I'll get my breakfast in me then do my cardio low intensity for an hour. After that I just drink loads of water then eat a regular meal. I dont feel the need to drink a post cardio shake or anything like that. Others might feel different about that but its what works for me.
  6. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by GTOman
    Good post, I'd be interested to hear some feedback on this as well as I've just started morning, fasted, low-intensity (40 min @ 60% MaxHR) cardio.

I've been taking one serving of Scivation XTend (BCAA product) prior to the cardio and eating breakfast about an hour later (after ****/shower/shave) which is usually egg whites, Canadian Back Bacon, potatoes, and a whey protein shake.

MMmmm Back Bacon...
    I agree with taking BCAA's before cardio. i do them afterwards also. then i eat breakfast 30-45 minutes later. the XTend product is good. i usually use Xtreme formulation's ICE because it's cheaper.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Cardio and post-workout nutrition
    By asavage24 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-11-2009, 09:30 AM
  2. post cardio nutrition?
    By chasec in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-16-2008, 06:18 AM
  3. Post Cardio Nutrition
    By supersoldier in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-16-2004, 10:57 AM
  4. Post your pre/post workout nutrition regimens...
    By TMack40 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 04-06-2003, 05:21 AM
  5. Post Cardio Nutrition ?
    By R.I.C. in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-12-2002, 11:19 PM