intermittent fasting Only On Cardio Days

  1. intermittent fasting Only On Cardio Days


    Being off for the summer I wanted to try a little intermittent fasting since I train earlier in the day. However, I am not a big fan of weightlifting on an empty stomach & the lower energy I feel. However, I have been doing IF on my cardio days only. Right now I only have one cardio day per week but as my bodybuilding show gets closer I plan on adding 1-2 more. Will I still get some of the benefits of IF doing it in this manner? The only bad thing is that I am a teacher & go back to work in September so morning workouts will stop & training will be at 4pm.

    Thanks


  2. you could always try it... its not too hard to tell if u like it or not. as far as noticible results from it once a week will be debatable at best
    FINAFLEX forum rep
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    •   
       


  3. Go for it. Take some Target A-2 prior to the runs
    PESCIENCE.COM

    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

  4. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    Go for it. Take some Target A-2 prior to the runs
    We would if it was released!

  5. You could try the eat stop eat IF approach.
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by saggy321 View Post
    You could try the eat stop eat IF approach.
    Could you explain that a bit? I've never heard of that approach. Thanks

  7. So basically for a day or two a week you do a 24 hour fast and eat normally on the other days.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by saggy321 View Post
    So basically for a day or two a week you do a 24 hour fast and eat normally on the other days.
    Not 24 hours...last meal is around 9pm and I don't eat again until 10am...so about 12-13 hour fast

  9. Quote Originally Posted by mikespe View Post
    Not 24 hours...last meal is around 9pm and I don't eat again until 10am...so about 12-13 hour fast
    Eat stop eat is a 24 hour fast once or twice a week!

  10. Quote Originally Posted by NattyForLife View Post
    Eat stop eat is a 24 hour fast once or twice a week!
    I'm not doing that...like i said I fast 12-13 hours....my schedule won't let me do any longer than that

  11. Quote Originally Posted by mikespe View Post
    I'm not doing that...like i said I fast 12-13 hours....my schedule won't let me do any longer than that
    You cant fast for 24 hours one time a week?

  12. Quote Originally Posted by NattyForLife View Post
    You cant fast for 24 hours one time a week?
    nope

  13. Try the Renegade diet. Really worked for me.

    It's more of an eating plan than a 'diet'.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by TheSurgeon81 View Post
    Try the Renegade diet. Really worked for me.

    It's more of an eating plan than a 'diet'.
    Thats Ferrugias book right?
    PESCIENCE.COM

    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

  15. Yeah. Only think that worked for me. Easy to follow. Takes discipline but results will come fast if you're smashing the heavy iron.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Should i take bcaa's on cardio days?
    By kp2012 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 09-30-2013, 01:10 PM
  2. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-22-2011, 09:43 AM
  3. Creatine Nitrate only on WO days?
    By DCbuilder in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-07-2011, 03:05 PM
  4. ECA Stack Only on Cardio Days?
    By Eagleman003 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-13-2007, 01:28 AM
  5. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-26-2004, 03:13 PM
Log in
Log in