Height: 5'8"

Wafflestomped

Wafflestomped

Awards
Thanks guys. My lower abs really do not want to come in lol

Wafflestomped

Wafflestomped

Awards
I have a moderate amount of sodium in my diet right now, I'll try and cut back a little.

Yeah my lower abs have always plagued me. I cut down last year and I was getting a ton of definition in my legs/arms/shoulders/back but the abs never wanted to fully come in. I think I'll have to get to a pretty low body-fat% before they finally do.

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
I have a moderate amount of sodium in my diet right now, I'll try and cut back a little. Yeah my lower abs have always plagued me. I cut down last year and I was getting a ton of definition in my legs/arms/shoulders/back but the abs never wanted to fully come in. I think I'll have to get to a pretty low body-fat% before they finally do.
Just like me bud!

SLW2

SLW2

Awards
^^^ Good advice. I need to start applying more of those to myself.

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
Ain't really sodium IMO just fat. That's the "stubborn" spot. Check out Lyle McDonalds book on stubborn fat. I'm dieting right now to 6-7%.. At 9% right now. There are a couple of keys I've noticed when cutting to get that lean. Thank god for my coach... 1) slow and steady. Anything quick you're gonna lose muscle 2) lift heavy as fuark. Keep the muscle!! 3) do not completely remove carbs completely if they help you perform!! Gradual decreases. I'm doing 100kcals a week and 25g CHO. 4) patience 5) more patience 6) high carb refeeds, low low fat. My refeed is today and it'll be about 30-35g of fat. All trace sources except 1/2 TBSP MCT Oil. Box of banana nut cheerios post workout though :) 90g of sugar in mah butt 7) whatever cardio doesn't hamper recovery, do that. I was always a HIIT guy but I switched to LISS and I'm recovering better and still hitting PRs in a deficit. Hope that helps bud
Yea but cutting sodium will help to an extent!

Wafflestomped

Wafflestomped

Awards
Ain't really sodium IMO just fat. That's the "stubborn" spot. Check out Lyle McDonalds book on stubborn fat.

I'm dieting right now to 6-7%.. At 9% right now. There are a couple of keys I've noticed when cutting to get that lean. Thank god for my coach...

1) slow and steady. Anything quick you're gonna lose muscle

2) lift heavy as fuark. Keep the muscle!!

3) do not completely remove carbs completely if they help you perform!! Gradual decreases. I'm doing 100kcals a week and 25g CHO.

4) patience

5) more patience

6) high carb refeeds, low low fat. My refeed is today and it'll be about 30-35g of fat. All trace sources except 1/2 TBSP MCT Oil. Box of banana nut cheerios post workout though :) 90g of sugar in mah butt

7) whatever cardio doesn't hamper recovery, do that. I was always a HIIT guy but I switched to LISS and I'm recovering better and still hitting PRs in a deficit.

Hope that helps bud
Thanks for the insight, I follow a majority of what you have outlined it things seem to be moving along.

I've read 4 of lyles books, and ran the UD2 last year. I'm currently keeping an average deficit around 800cals right now, and consuming about 2200-2400 calories per day based on my activity level. I don't think this deficit is too steep considering on UD2 I was close to 1500 during the early part of the week, and my protein intake is plenty high to preserve muscle. I also did a short stint of RFL and I know what it feels like to be completely run down barely consuming any calories, and this is far far from it. I read over the SFS but never incorporated into my diet. Though I may start taking yohimbine pretty soon

I pretty much cycle my carbs based on if i'm lifting that day, if it's a rest day i'll have around 100-150, on workout days closer to 250. I always take a bunch of carbs before and after lifting, and I've been lifting heavy on everything, actually just hit a squat PR yesterday (345x5).

I had a 5hr refeed (one of lyl'es refeed types for anyone unaware of his work) last Sunday and I finally had a whoosh this morning, dropped close to 2 pounds overnight lol. now sitting at 179.

And i'm happy you mentioned the LISS. It seems like everyone had been hating on it lately, but I basically just try and move around more in general. People call it LISS, but I just consider it moving more throughout the day to create a larger energy demand. Some people have extremely large caloric needs due to a physical job, but no one really considers that LISS. I track my calorie expenditure with a monitor. I noticed if I don't make a conscious effort to move around I'll expend 300 calories lower that day.

I'm going to run this diet for 3 more weeks then slowly ramp the calories back up for a few more and decide if I want to continue cutting.

Wafflestomped

Wafflestomped

Awards
SauceMonkey22, are you competing?

Also, what's your height and weight? Nice to see someone else who reads Lyle's stuff

Wafflestomped

Wafflestomped

Awards
Only reason why I'm iffy on sodium is you need some for pure muscle function / contraction. I don't add salt to anything really except my pre workout rice cakes. I find I don't cramp if I have a little extra sodium. As long as you're not eating a **** load of processed crap you'll be good to go sodium wise and when in doubt just drink more water.

Just my two cents
Dude, I like your style.

I add some salt to my intra workout BCAA mix. It's actually the "low sodium" salt that has added potassium to it. Seems to help me out a lot. I just get a bunch of sodium from lunch meat and cheese that I eat, so that's the main area I could cut back on... swap out lunch meat for chicken breast or something.

Also, I like the idea of doing a full contest prep a long ways out. I want to cut down pretty lean and then bulk up very similarly to how you laid it out. How long have you had a coach? If you don't mind sharing how much is he charging you?

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
Dude, I like your style. I add some salt to my intra workout BCAA mix. It's actually the "low sodium" salt that has added potassium to it. Seems to help me out a lot. I just get a bunch of sodium from lunch meat and cheese that I eat, so that's the main area I could cut back on... swap out lunch meat for chicken breast or something. Also, I like the idea of doing a full contest prep a long ways out. I want to cut down pretty lean and then bulk up very similarly to how you laid it out. How long have you had a coach? If you don't mind sharing how much is he charging you?
I eat around 4000mg of sodium a day!

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I eat around 4000mg of sodium a day!
<1g per day checking in

Once upon a time I was closer to 5-6g a day, hot sauce belongs on everything

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
<1g per day checking in Once upon a time I was closer to 5-6g a day, hot sauce belongs on everything
My chicken tenders that i eat contribute to it mostly, so in thinking that i dont actually get ~4000 cause some may get cooked out when i bake my chicken! I eat 2lbs of chicken a day!:)