Dieting Help

ThatNewKid

ThatNewKid

Awards
I'm new to this, so forgive me:
But I'm currently 17, 5'11" and 210 pounds. I believe my body fat is 28%. My goal is to shed my fat and get more muscle. I plan to buy TestoFuel and use it, but I know I need a good diet before I buy it. Can anyone help?

ThatNewKid

ThatNewKid

Awards
And my training goes like this:
Sunday: Rest
Monday: Chest/Triceps/Shoulders
Tuesday: Back/Biceps
Wednesday: Legs/Abs
Thursday: Chest/Triceps/Shoulders
Friday: Back/Biceps
Saturday: Legs/Abs

I don't really need help with my workouts. I just figured it's useful information.

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
I'm new to this, so forgive me:
But I'm currently 17, 5'11" and 210 pounds. I believe my body fat is 28%. My goal is to shed my fat and get more muscle. I plan to buy TestoFuel and use it, but I know I need a good diet before I buy it. Can anyone help?
First place to start would be to figure yoyr tde. Then set some macros to shoot for ex 40/40/20 or something similar. Then execute it and adjust as you go. Consistency is key with diet no matter which method you choose.

What does your eating look like currently?

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
At 28% bf you shouldn't need any supp help off the bat besides the regulars (protein, creatine) to drop lbs. Bean5er set it up there pretty well for you, follow that, train hard and you'll see some lbs drop.

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
At 28% bf you shouldn't need any supp help off the bat besides the regulars (protein, creatine) to drop lbs. Bean5er set it up there pretty well for you, follow that, train hard and you'll see some lbs drop.
I definitely agree and forgot to mention that supps aren't necessary at this stage.

Track your current calories and weight or just do a rough calculation to get your TDE and start going to town with it.

Stick with whole calorie dense foods lots of veggies etc. Powders are ok but not necessary.

Have fun with it and learn as you go and as always we are here to help

ThatNewKid

ThatNewKid

Awards
First place to start would be to figure yoyr tde. Then set some macros to shoot for ex 40/40/20 or something similar. Then execute it and adjust as you go. Consistency is key with diet no matter which method you choose. What does your eating look like currently?
Can you explain a little bit more in depth? To be honest, I'm clueless to most of this.
And my current "diet" is basically eat healthy. Nothing is set.

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Can you explain a little bit more in depth? To be honest, I'm clueless to most of this.
And my current "diet" is basically eat healthy. Nothing is set.
Not a problem bud. TDEE or total daily energy expenditure is a combo of the resting metabolic rate, physical activity, and the thermic effect of food (TEF).

heres a quick link to help you get it sorted. http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html

This will still take some tweaking as these are just starting points. A good rule of thumb is to take a starting point and stay there and be consistent for 3-4 weeks, take notes on what you are noticing and then tweak as needed.

A good rule of thumb is start with a very small deficit and cut slowly. I you drop cals too much initially you will have no where to go once you hit your plateau, and you will plateau.

For example if your maintenance cals come in at say 3000 start there for a few weeks and be consistent maybe weight sessions with 1 HIIT a week. Then maybe drop cals by 250 for another couple weeks. All while paying very close attention to how you are responding.

this is just a very general and basic starting point but hopefully you get the idea. Im sure others will chime in as well.

Good luck bud

ThatNewKid

ThatNewKid

Awards
Not a problem bud. TDEE or total daily energy expenditure is a combo of the resting metabolic rate, physical activity, and the thermic effect of food (TEF). heres a quick link to help you get it sorted. This will still take some tweaking as these are just starting points. A good rule of thumb is to take a starting point and stay there and be consistent for 3-4 weeks, take notes on what you are noticing and then tweak as needed. A good rule of thumb is start with a very small deficit and cut slowly. I you drop cals too much initially you will have no where to go once you hit your plateau, and you will plateau. For example if your maintenance cals come in at say 3000 start there for a few weeks and be consistent maybe weight sessions with 1 HIIT a week. Then maybe drop cals by 250 for another couple weeks. All while paying very close attention to how you are responding. this is just a very general and basic starting point but hopefully you get the idea. Im sure others will chime in as well. Good luck bud
Helps a lot! Thank you!

Wolfy3d2000

Wolfy3d2000

Awards
  • Established
Keep us posted. I will suggest if you're really interested in learning stick around and read a lot and then ask questions bud
That was really awesome of you to explain all of this for him man. I love to see people giving good help to others that are interested in living a healthier lifestyle. Cheers to you!

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well said Bean5er! Op let us know if any more questions pop up, this site is a wealth of info at your fingertips

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How did you come up with 28% body fat..?

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
Well, it may not be that anymore. I think I may be closer to 24% now. Either way, I'm overweight and I need to change it
Either way, make a commitment for a year, you will look completely different in a year.

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Either way, make a commitment for a year, you will look completely different in a year.
This^

I agree with Tagger. It can be done. I went from 235 to 165 in 10 months.

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
This^

I agree with Tagger. It can be done. I went from 235 to 165 in 10 months.
Nice job!! I know it doesn't sound like a lot but I'm in a cut right now and I have went from 185 to 177. Making progress is what's important OP!

ThatNewKid

ThatNewKid

Awards
Nice job!! I know it doesn't sound like a lot but I'm in a cut right now and I have went from 185 to 177. Making progress is what's important OP!
Hey, a little can mean a lot in the long run. As long as I stick to it, I know I'll thank my self later

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
Hey, a little can mean a lot in the long run. As long as I stick to it, I know I'll thank my self later
There ya go. Set yourself a goal and stick to it.

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
how's your progress going..?

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
research `carb cyclign for fatloss` I highly rec it

ThatNewKid

ThatNewKid

Awards
I haven't tested max lately. I weigh around 200 now. I believe I've lowered my bf some. I think I may be in the 20-25% range. I'm not sure exactly where.
I have gained some muscle it looks like.
And I tried to add a back picture. It didn't turn out that well.
I'm gonna start running in the mornings and afternoons too to help fat reduction. And I haven't been consistent on my diet so I'm gonna fix that too.