is this a bulking diet or a shredding diet?

1. is this a bulking diet or a shredding diet?

first off im 5'11 213 i currently gained about 40lbs in the last year thanks to quitting smoking but before that i was a serious hard im looking to just cut the fat and gain the muscle but stay about the same weight. does this diet reflect the goals im trying to achieve?

10am 8 egg whites 2 pieces of wheat toast

12pm 1 orange and a cup of cottage cheese 1% milk fat

2pm 2 packages of seasoned tuna on wheat toast

4pm 2 chicken breasts cup of brown rice cup of green beans

6pm protein shake and another orange

8pm either 2 stripsteaks,2chicken breasts,or 2 salmon fillets with a cup of veggies and a cup of rice

10pm 2 packages of tuna

i lift 3 days a week and do cardio 30min 5 days a week

supplements -im currently taking just phosphagen and the protein shakes.

any comments or tips would be greatly appreciated thank you

2. looks like you can cut on that ... i would throw in some flaxseed oil to get some EFA in there because at the moment you have almost no fat ... why white toast in the morning?

3. i screwed up i ment to say wheat toast. where can i get flax at? do i just throw it in my shakes? if so about how much

thanks for the reply

4. I thinks that is more of a lean bulk. Depends on your body type. Drop the white toast and put in a bowl of oatmeal, and up your good fats.

5. as for my body type i was basically a skinny kid very lean when i was smoking but when i quit all this fat just came out of nowhere.
  6. Unbreakable

Just my general observation; correlate your meal plan into actual data (macronutrients) rather than a menu. I always use an excel spread sheet when planning my diet. I input the values first and then select the food choices to meet my values. I am a minimalist and eat for nutritional purposes rather than pleasure so my menu is not for everyone.

If you are looking to loose weight than eat at about 10-12x BW (depending on metabolism), with protein at least 1g/lb BW, fat at about 20% calories (I go with 20% because I eat a lot of EFA) and the balance from low GI CHO. Depending on your response to CHO you can raise the protein and reduce the carbs. Eat a majority of your carbs around your workouts.

Ultimately your need a caloric number (in addition to a nice menu) to go with your BW weight so you have values to adjust to reach your goals.

JMO...good luck
    We live in a time where our planet suffers from two epidemics simultaneously - starvation and obesity.

Look at all these little kids taking care of the music biz, don't their business take good care of me.

I have the fire, I have the force, I have the power to make my evil take it's course.

7. then if your take my suggestions, I think you will be fine

8. sounds good thanks

Similar Forum Threads

1. is this a good bulking diet
    By hallett08 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-09-2009, 01:56 AM
  2. is this good enough?? bulking diet plan
    By primetym19 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-20-2009, 11:13 PM
  3. is this ok for a bulking diet???
    By clippers41 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-26-2006, 04:14 PM
  4. Is this true? 15 day bulk, 15 day diet?
    By Jim Mills in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: 05-17-2006, 05:47 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-30-2003, 10:28 AM