Carb Backloading

ishpart

ishpart

Awards
Wondering if anyone has had any experiences with this dieting method? good/bad on/off cycle.

I have been looking into ben pakulski who seems to endorse this diet style. Great training tips in his videos as well check them out if you get some time. Love listening to people who are so knowledgable like ben and layne norton. . . .

Anyways what do you guys think of backloading?!?!?!? :cheers:

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you search the general nutrition section, there was a good thread on it about a month or two ago.

I personally have never done it. I do a modified version of it I guess on days I have to train after work. I would say if eating that way works into your schedule, go for it.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I love it. I'm eating in a surplus and only care about strength, but I'm not gettig any fatter haha I just have red meats and some fats during the day. Hit up my carbs in the late afternoon/early evening.

Literally the only difference from a normal diet, is that I eat my carbs at night.

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
I did not do the first part which was the re-calibration period but on a weekly basis I have 3 low carb days. I think my version is closer to carb cycling but for a regular fatty who loves carbs it will impact your physique a great deal.

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
Managing my carb intake is the only reason I can stay reasonably lean (just enough to see shadows of my abs lol)

ishpart

ishpart

Awards
on your low carb days do you still eat simple carbs after your w/o or keep it low carb all the way?

ezjax

Awards
Carb backloading, CKD, Internmittent Fasting, no carbs after 6pm, carb cycling..

All of these "diets" are running on the same principle.. create an insulin sensitivity.. deprive and feed... constant flow of carbs is not going to provide you with the sensitivities your body needs to maximize fat loss and muscle growth..

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
on your low carb days do you still eat simple carbs after your w/o or keep it low carb all the way?
I just take carb pre and post. I have simple carbs post using waxy maize/dextrose type of source. The dude is correct about managing insulin ^

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I ran this for a couple months earlier this year while cutting. Really enjoyed the eating schedule and having some big meals at night but didn't see much if anyhting in the way of fat loss. I pretty much just stayed exactly the same even with a slight deficit. It's rreally a toss up as to how you want to eat. A bigger deficit should mean more then timing for the overall picture.

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
I ran this for a couple months earlier this year while cutting. Really enjoyed the eating schedule and having some big meals at night but didn't see much if anyhting in the way of fat loss. I pretty much just stayed exactly the same even with a slight deficit. It's rreally a toss up as to how you want to eat. A bigger deficit should mean more then timing for the overall picture.
That's a good point regarding a bigger deficit but also take into acct that for some, macro portions plays a bigger role in their diet. Like they said everybody is different. Take me for example, I can actually eat almost at my maintenance caloric intake but when I drop to low carb you see a whole recomp effect. My physical look changes dramatically with carb mgmt.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
That's a good point regarding a bigger deficit but also take into acct that for some, macro portions plays a bigger role in their diet. Like they said everybody is different. Take me for example, I can actually eat almost at my maintenance caloric intake but when I drop to low carb you see a whole recomp effect. My physical look changes dramatically with carb mgmt.
Very true. I've just recently found that higher fat really suits me well also and changes my physique far faster then even something dramatic like a psmf

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
Very true. I've just recently found that higher fat really suits me well also and changes my physique far faster then even something dramatic like a psmf
What's a psmf? That macro management is like magic though. beats any supp I've taken but then again I've never tried any PH/aas yet

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
What's a psmf? That macro management is like magic though. beats any supp I've taken but then again I've never tried any PH/aas yet
Protein sparing modified fast. It's basically an all-protein, very low calorie, short term (a few days or so) diet strategy for a quick burst of fat loss. It's brutal as your body just takes a beating since you have no carbs or fats except maybe some fish oil caps and a little fiber to keep you functional.

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Protein sparing modified fast. It's basically an all-protein, very low calorie, short term (a few days or so) diet strategy for a quick burst of fat loss. It's brutal as your body just takes a beating since you have no carbs or fats except maybe some fish oil caps and a little fiber to keep you functional.
Did the velocity diet for 28 days 5 or so years ago. Surprisingly saw pretty good results, but not a single solid bowel movement was seen that month and I didn't drink a single shake for like 6 months after. Don't think I could do it again

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Did the velocity diet for 28 days 5 or so years ago. Surprisingly saw pretty good results, but not a single solid bowel movement was seen that month and I didn't drink a single shake for like 6 months after. Don't think I could do it again
I dabbled with the whole foods version of it (basically chicken all day) and it was tough but i love chicken so the eating want the problem, just no energy and mood was tanked. I can't imagine doing shakes only simply due to the fact that I'd be starving all day.