Ketosis

1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Ketosis

How long until I get into it and see dem der results?!

Thanks!
    Tagger's THE1 by Olympus Labs Log - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/254327-taggers-the1-log.html#post4598010

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Depends on a few factors.
    -What's your diet look like (how many carbs/when)?
    -Genetics
    -current bodyfat %
    - insulin sensitivity

Usually for a first time it's more like 5+ days (even up to 10 or more) but someone with really good insulin sensitivity and experience + good genetics can do it in a day or so.
    It's BULKING season: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/254139-swol-boones-quest.html

3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by booneman77 View Post
    Depends on a few factors.
    -What's your diet look like (how many carbs/when)?
    -Genetics
    -current bodyfat %
    - insulin sensitivity

Usually for a first time it's more like 5+ days (even up to 10 or more) but someone with really good insulin sensitivity and experience + good genetics can do it in a day or so.
    I am 24 pretty dang good genetics. I am at probably 13 or 12 percent BF. Diet is 1500 calories today I need to bump it up to around 2000 so I lose as little muscle as possible and I am currently at 182lbs. I am 5'8.

And I am sitting at 20 carbs for the day. The rest is protein and fat.

EDIT

Also I am intermittent fasting from 8pm at night, through sleep, and then until lunch time everyday.
    Tagger's THE1 by Olympus Labs Log - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/254327-taggers-the1-log.html#post4598010

•   

4. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Tagger View Post
    I am 24 pretty dang good genetics. I am at probably 13 or 12 percent BF. Diet is 1500 calories today I need to bump it up to around 2000 so I lose as little muscle as possible and I am currently at 182lbs. I am 5'8.

And I am sitting at 20 carbs for the day. The rest is protein and fat.

EDIT

Also I am intermittent fasting from 8pm at night, through sleep, and then until lunch time everyday.
    I meant that more as an "its totally unpredictable without just trying" statement moreso then what are your stats ha. It's really just a trial and error kind of thing. No one will be able to give you an answer as to what YOUR body will do unless you find out for yourself by trying it. There's just too many unpredictable and personally specific variables for anyone to tell you how long it takes.
    It's BULKING season: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/254139-swol-boones-quest.html

5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by booneman77 View Post
    I meant that more as an "its totally unpredictable without just trying" statement moreso then what are your stats ha. It's really just a trial and error kind of thing. No one will be able to give you an answer as to what YOUR body will do unless you find out for yourself by trying it. There's just too many unpredictable and personally specific variables for anyone to tell you how long it takes.
    Ahhh I feel you now!

Well hopefully it doesn't take long.

6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Answers

something to try is taking a GDA pre bed. also your work out routine can be doubled on the first couple days to help push out the glycogen faster.
    FINAFLEX forum rep
    visit our website at finaflex.com

7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by xR1pp3Rx View Post
    something to try is taking a GDA pre bed. also your work out routine can be doubled on the first couple days to help push out the glycogen faster.
    Thanks for the info.

Should I be switching to a more HIIT lifting routine while attempting Ketosis to more results faster?

8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Tagger View Post
    Thanks for the info.

Should I be switching to a more HIIT lifting routine while attempting Ketosis to more results faster?
    You can, but I adjust my split. Back/Shoulders Legs Rest Chest/Arms Legs. This I found to push pretty much all glycogen out of the body quick. For me it takes roughly 5 days after my carb up according to the ketostick. So I refeed every other weekend for this reason.
    iForce Nutrition Anabolics Minion Member
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate
    iForce Nutrition -www.iForceNutrition.com

9. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by veaderko View Post
    You can, but I adjust my split. Back/Shoulders Legs Rest Chest/Arms Legs. This I found to push pretty much all glycogen out of the body quick. For me it takes roughly 5 days after my carb up according to the ketostick. So I refeed every other weekend for this reason.
    Gotcha. I think I may have to do the same. My metabolism isn't what it used to be. Haha.

10. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Something that works well for me is making sure my fat is between 60-70% of total intake. I find if its closer to 50% I may stall out and if I kick it back up usually something changes with in a day or so. Drink plenty of water to help flush it out as well.

11. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by youngandfree View Post
    Something that works well for me is making sure my fat is between 60-70% of total intake. I find if its closer to 50% I may stall out and if I kick it back up usually something changes with in a day or so. Drink plenty of water to help flush it out as well.
    Thanks for the info.

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Is Fat intake Required for Ketosis?
    By maple626 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-21-2005, 08:02 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-18-2005, 07:05 AM
  3. Ketosis diet, best? or is there better?
    By Grifter in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-04-2005, 11:43 AM
  4. Citric acid/ ketosis
    By Rhapsody in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-13-2003, 09:32 PM
  5. Do all low-carb diets rely on ketosis for results?
    By Gaf Knee in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-24-2003, 07:04 PM