Ketosis - AnabolicMinds.com

Ketosis

  1. Senior Member
    Tagger's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,010
    Rep Power
    535839

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Ketosis


    How long until I get into it and see dem der results?!



    Thanks!
    Tagger's THE1 by Olympus Labs Log - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/254327-taggers-the1-log.html#post4598010

  2. Professional Member
    booneman77's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3,919
    Rep Power
    2125582

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Depends on a few factors.
    -What's your diet look like (how many carbs/when)?
    -Genetics
    -current bodyfat %
    - insulin sensitivity

    Usually for a first time it's more like 5+ days (even up to 10 or more) but someone with really good insulin sensitivity and experience + good genetics can do it in a day or so.
    It's BULKING season: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/254139-swol-boones-quest.html
  3. Senior Member
    Tagger's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,010
    Rep Power
    535839

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by booneman77 View Post
    Depends on a few factors.
    -What's your diet look like (how many carbs/when)?
    -Genetics
    -current bodyfat %
    - insulin sensitivity

    Usually for a first time it's more like 5+ days (even up to 10 or more) but someone with really good insulin sensitivity and experience + good genetics can do it in a day or so.
    I am 24 pretty dang good genetics. I am at probably 13 or 12 percent BF. Diet is 1500 calories today I need to bump it up to around 2000 so I lose as little muscle as possible and I am currently at 182lbs. I am 5'8.

    And I am sitting at 20 carbs for the day. The rest is protein and fat.

    EDIT

    Also I am intermittent fasting from 8pm at night, through sleep, and then until lunch time everyday.
    Tagger's THE1 by Olympus Labs Log - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/254327-taggers-the1-log.html#post4598010
    •   
       

  4. Professional Member
    booneman77's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3,919
    Rep Power
    2125582

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Tagger View Post
    I am 24 pretty dang good genetics. I am at probably 13 or 12 percent BF. Diet is 1500 calories today I need to bump it up to around 2000 so I lose as little muscle as possible and I am currently at 182lbs. I am 5'8.

    And I am sitting at 20 carbs for the day. The rest is protein and fat.

    EDIT

    Also I am intermittent fasting from 8pm at night, through sleep, and then until lunch time everyday.
    I meant that more as an "its totally unpredictable without just trying" statement moreso then what are your stats ha. It's really just a trial and error kind of thing. No one will be able to give you an answer as to what YOUR body will do unless you find out for yourself by trying it. There's just too many unpredictable and personally specific variables for anyone to tell you how long it takes.
    It's BULKING season: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/254139-swol-boones-quest.html
  5. Senior Member
    Tagger's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,010
    Rep Power
    535839

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by booneman77 View Post
    I meant that more as an "its totally unpredictable without just trying" statement moreso then what are your stats ha. It's really just a trial and error kind of thing. No one will be able to give you an answer as to what YOUR body will do unless you find out for yourself by trying it. There's just too many unpredictable and personally specific variables for anyone to tell you how long it takes.
    Ahhh I feel you now!

    Well hopefully it doesn't take long.
    Tagger's THE1 by Olympus Labs Log - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/254327-taggers-the1-log.html#post4598010
  6. Senior Member
    xR1pp3Rx's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  222 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,469
    Rep Power
    970758

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    something to try is taking a GDA pre bed. also your work out routine can be doubled on the first couple days to help push out the glycogen faster.
    FINAFLEX forum rep
    visit our website at finaflex.com
  7. Senior Member
    Tagger's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,010
    Rep Power
    535839

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by xR1pp3Rx View Post
    something to try is taking a GDA pre bed. also your work out routine can be doubled on the first couple days to help push out the glycogen faster.
    Thanks for the info.

    Should I be switching to a more HIIT lifting routine while attempting Ketosis to more results faster?
    Tagger's THE1 by Olympus Labs Log - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/254327-taggers-the1-log.html#post4598010
  8. Advanced Member
    veaderko's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Age
    29
    Posts
    973
    Rep Power
    283115

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Tagger View Post
    Thanks for the info.

    Should I be switching to a more HIIT lifting routine while attempting Ketosis to more results faster?
    You can, but I adjust my split. Back/Shoulders Legs Rest Chest/Arms Legs. This I found to push pretty much all glycogen out of the body quick. For me it takes roughly 5 days after my carb up according to the ketostick. So I refeed every other weekend for this reason.
    iForce Nutrition Anabolics Minion Member
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate
    iForce Nutrition -www.iForceNutrition.com
  9. Senior Member
    Tagger's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,010
    Rep Power
    535839

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by veaderko View Post
    You can, but I adjust my split. Back/Shoulders Legs Rest Chest/Arms Legs. This I found to push pretty much all glycogen out of the body quick. For me it takes roughly 5 days after my carb up according to the ketostick. So I refeed every other weekend for this reason.
    Gotcha. I think I may have to do the same. My metabolism isn't what it used to be. Haha.
    Tagger's THE1 by Olympus Labs Log - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/254327-taggers-the1-log.html#post4598010
  10. Senior Member
    youngandfree's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,285
    Rep Power
    2268

    Reputation

    Something that works well for me is making sure my fat is between 60-70% of total intake. I find if its closer to 50% I may stall out and if I kick it back up usually something changes with in a day or so. Drink plenty of water to help flush it out as well.
  11. Senior Member
    Tagger's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,010
    Rep Power
    535839

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by youngandfree View Post
    Something that works well for me is making sure my fat is between 60-70% of total intake. I find if its closer to 50% I may stall out and if I kick it back up usually something changes with in a day or so. Drink plenty of water to help flush it out as well.
    Thanks for the info.
    Tagger's THE1 by Olympus Labs Log - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/254327-taggers-the1-log.html#post4598010
  12. New Member
    Ozarkhoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    2

    Reputation

    I have a couple of questions for everybody. I'm currently doing low carb and am in ketosis. Is it possible to be spilling too many ketones? Will I lose muscle if my ketone level is to high?
  13. Senior Member
    xR1pp3Rx's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  222 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,469
    Rep Power
    970758

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Ozarkhoney View Post
    I have a couple of questions for everybody. I'm currently doing low carb and am in ketosis. Is it possible to be spilling too many ketones? Will I lose muscle if my ketone level is to high?
    there is no need to reach deep deep ketosis. the idea behind a CKD is to limit the catabolism that can occur in the typical low carb diet. what style diet do you do? also how low are your carbs? once a person is in ketosis you can handle 50-80 gr of carbs per day with out knocking yourself out of ketosis. I don't like the idea of long term low carb diets.
    FINAFLEX forum rep
    visit our website at finaflex.com
  14. New Member
    Ozarkhoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    2

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by xR1pp3Rx View Post
    there is no need to reach deep deep ketosis. the idea behind a CKD is to limit the catabolism that can occur in the typical low carb diet. what style diet do you do? also how low are your carbs? once a person is in ketosis you can handle 50-80 gr of carbs per day with out knocking yourself out of ketosis. I don't like the idea of long term low carb diets.
    I really do not have a specific low carb diet that I follow. I just cut out all breads, pastas and sweets. I try to watch what I am eating. I eat lean beef, chicken and fish, I'm trying to incorporated more vegetables and I try not to consume to much fruit. I do eat fruit, just small amounts. I'm currently away from home (living in a hotel) so it has been a little difficult measuring the amounts of what I am eating. My typical daily meal is: breakfast - 2 eggs, and 2 sausage (An Atkins bar on the days that I'm running late), Lunch: salad with chicken, Dinner: Salad and whatever protein the hotel is serving. On the days that I work out (M,W,F) I will have a half cup of protein power and pre-workout powder prior to working out and 1 full scoop of protein power post work out. It's getting frustrating because for the last month I have been lifting weights for 1/2 hr and then run/walk for 1/2 hour an haven't had any changes in weight and my clothes still fit the same. I have only been on the low carb diet for about a week and a half so I'm hoping that maybe I will begin to see something soon. I know that it took time to put my weight on and it will take time to get if off again, it just gets disheartening to be working out and not seeing any results at all. I'm 5' 8", 45 y.o. and am 181 lbs. any suggestions? My ketone level has been averaging about 40 to 80 mg/dL.
  15. Elite Member
    breezy11's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,371
    Rep Power
    3751495

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Where are you guys getting your keto sticks?. Years ago they used to be available at Rite Aid. Nowadays I just don't see them stocked anywhere. Guess I could purchase online but I'd hate to pay shipping just for keto sticks.
    I got them from Walmart within the last 2 years. I think they were about $6.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  16. Professional Member
    booneman77's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3,919
    Rep Power
    2125582

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    I usually see them for around $10-12 at Walgreens and such
    It's BULKING season: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/254139-swol-boones-quest.html
  17. Elite Member
    breezy11's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,371
    Rep Power
    3751495

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post

    Thanks breezy!
    No problem T-bone.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  18. Professional Member
    booneman77's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3,919
    Rep Power
    2125582

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Ozarkhoney View Post
    I really do not have a specific low carb diet that I follow. I just cut out all breads, pastas and sweets. I try to watch what I am eating. I eat lean beef, chicken and fish, I'm trying to incorporated more vegetables and I try not to consume to much fruit. I do eat fruit, just small amounts. I'm currently away from home (living in a hotel) so it has been a little difficult measuring the amounts of what I am eating. My typical daily meal is: breakfast - 2 eggs, and 2 sausage (An Atkins bar on the days that I'm running late), Lunch: salad with chicken, Dinner: Salad and whatever protein the hotel is serving. On the days that I work out (M,W,F) I will have a half cup of protein power and pre-workout powder prior to working out and 1 full scoop of protein power post work out. It's getting frustrating because for the last month I have been lifting weights for 1/2 hr and then run/walk for 1/2 hour an haven't had any changes in weight and my clothes still fit the same. I have only been on the low carb diet for about a week and a half so I'm hoping that maybe I will begin to see something soon. I know that it took time to put my weight on and it will take time to get if off again, it just gets disheartening to be working out and not seeing any results at all. I'm 5' 8", 45 y.o. and am 181 lbs. any suggestions? My ketone level has been averaging about 40 to 80 mg/dL.
    If you're working out and doing cardio regularly then that's not the issue. It's your diet still. Total calories are the biggest offender when not losing weight so you really need to track them better. Some things I see that could potentially add a ton of forgotten calories in your diet:
    -Dressings on your salads- usually VERY high in fat/cals and easy to over do. Other sauces too (ketchup for example is basically just sugar)
    -fats from sausage and such add up fast. Keto diets usually have far less volume of food as fats have over double the calories per gram of pro/carb

    Once you start TRULY tracking your foodstuffs may find you're eating far more calories then you thought.
    It's BULKING season: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/254139-swol-boones-quest.html
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Is Fat intake Required for Ketosis?
    By maple626 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-21-2005, 08:02 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-18-2005, 07:05 AM
  3. Ketosis diet, best? or is there better?
    By Grifter in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-04-2005, 11:43 AM
  4. Citric acid/ ketosis
    By Rhapsody in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-13-2003, 09:32 PM
  5. Do all low-carb diets rely on ketosis for results?
    By Gaf Knee in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-24-2003, 07:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in