8 Weeks to Shred City - Tj's log

tjbruno

tjbruno

Awards
So I'm already a week and a half into a cut, going to throw some og alphamine in the mix tomorrow for an 8 week run and decided mine as well log it

A little backround, I was 214lbs in March, iifym'd it down 10 lbs to around 205 by the second week of may, then decided to go totally bro for the rest of this journey. Not going to stray from the diet whatsoever. Workouts are in the 12-15 rep range.

Never truly tried to do a legit cut before so we'll see. Hoping I can acheive the illusion of looking a little bigger by slimming down. Feeling motivated as f*ck. Gonna try to weigh myself only every 2 weeks.

Starting pics @ 205

bout to put in work!

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
Good luck. Having abs at the start of your cut is a bonus!
I dont get abs until last, i only start seeing them at 8% or lower. I feel like my abs only looked how yours do now when my back was as shredded as my avi.

I recently shredded up pretty well 4%. Let me know if you want any help along the way.

tjbruno

tjbruno

Awards
thanks bro! I can't remember the last time I didn't see my abs, they're just thick as hell genetically I guess

but just took the morning dose of Alphamine as per the instructions and god damn, this might be the best tasting supplement I've tried

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
I subbed OP. Could you post up a diet and what not? I'm about to cut back down myself.

tjbruno

tjbruno

Awards
Diet I'm following is as old school as it gets.

eggwhites and oatmeal in the morning. chicken breast, sweet potato, and veggie's for 2 afternoon meals, then the same thing minus the sweet potato for the last 2 meals. Also throw in a couple servings of almonds for some fats. If I'm in a hurry I'll swap out a meal for a protein shake, no harm no foul.

First couple days were tough, but today is my 12th day following the diet and I'm feeling great.

I'm not tracking my food but it comes out to around 50p/25c/25f

dbl38

Awards
  • Established
What are your veggi choices? I'm burnt on mine and looking for inspiration!!

tjbruno

tjbruno

Awards
I'm lazy and just buy a ton of steamfresh bags. I cycle between broccoli, caulliflower, greenbeans, and asparagus although I limit that one cuz I can't stand the smell of my piss the rest of the day

If I'm having a shake I'll blend up some spinach and toss it in so its atleast something

if you want it to taste good, can't go wrong with stir frying with a little soy sauce and ginger. makes all veggie's bomb

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
I'm lazy and just buy a ton of steamfresh bags. I cycle between broccoli, caulliflower, greenbeans, and asparagus although I limit that one cuz I can't stand the smell of my piss the rest of the day

If I'm having a shake I'll blend up some spinach and toss it in so its atleast something

if you want it to taste good, can't go wrong with stir frying with a little soy sauce and ginger. makes all veggie's bomb
Steam fresh bags are the bomb.

tjbruno

tjbruno

Awards
Steam fresh bags are the bomb.
hell yea, I'm all about the easiest way possible. I also buy the shrink wrapped sweet potato's you just toss in the microwave.

Between the steamfresh bags, sweet potato, and george foreman I like knowing I can have a meal within 15 minutes - I got no excuse to cheat lol

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
hell yea, I'm all about the easiest way possible. I also buy the shrink wrapped sweet potato's you just toss in the microwave.

Between the steamfresh bags, sweet potato, and george foreman I like knowing I can have a meal within 15 minutes - I got no excuse to cheat lol
Haha for sure. It's easy to have a good diet now a days.

BigRed1974

BigRed1974

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Nice start in here! Looking forward to see what you achieve since you are already pretty lean.

tjbruno

tjbruno

Awards
Thanks for joinin in! I'm looking forward to seeing what happens just as much lol

so sunday I OBLITERATED abs which hindered my back workout today due to doms, but I powered through it the best I could.

been addicted to IG lately n couldn't resist a pic. Also caught a glimpse of my calves in the mirror and this is the first time I've ever seen the heart shaped separation.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400616709.522700.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400616715.849656.jpg

Other than that, I've actually been getting BETTER pumps then when I would use pre workouts everyday. I've been just mixing a scoop of xtend with some beta alanine pre. Dunno.

tjbruno

tjbruno

Awards
Woke up at 201 today, so making progress. Had a pretty subpar chest workout yesterday, just couldn't get my my head into it. Since I've slimmed down a little bit a pec imbalance is also becoming more noticeable in the mirror. The side I tore my AC on is the smaller side, so I'm sure I'm probably compensating somehow. Gonna drop the weight and try and rebuild my bench press form.

Otherwise still feeling good, gonna get a new tattoo today so I'm taking the day off from the gym, but gonna be back hittin it hard tomorrow!!

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
Woke up at 201 today, so making progress. Had a pretty subpar chest workout yesterday, just couldn't get my my head into it. Since I've slimmed down a little bit a pec imbalance is also becoming more noticeable in the mirror. The side I tore my AC on is the smaller side, so I'm sure I'm probably compensating somehow. Gonna drop the weight and try and rebuild my bench press form.

Otherwise still feeling good, gonna get a new tattoo today so I'm taking the day off from the gym, but gonna be back hittin it hard tomorrow!!
I love getting tats. Make sure to post pics!

tjbruno

tjbruno

Awards
quick update, nothing crazy. taking the weekend off from the gym. Think I'm gonna start doing 20 mins on the stairmaster after every workout this week, and ramp it up by 5 mins/wk till I hit 45. definitely looking a little bigger by dropping a few lbs so far.

JD261985

Banned
Awards
The only supplement or drug you're using for your cut is alphamine?

tjbruno

tjbruno

Awards
The only supplement or drug you're using for your cut is alphamine?
OT multi, bcaa's/BA pre, protein/creatine post and alphamine is about it

tjbruno

tjbruno

Awards
Slacked this past weekend a lil bit, and cheated on the diet on memorial day by having a couple hotdogs and a lot of fruit. Not sweating it and was back on track tuesday.

Been doing the stairmaster like I said. Having never done it before it's actually pretty brutal...

tjbruno

tjbruno

Awards
Back in the gym killing it. 198lbs this mornin. Been thinking about changing my diet a little bit. Meal #3 around 3-4pm I'm always busy and have been doing 2 scoops of protein with 3 plain rice cakes. Thinking about dropping the rice cakes and doing 1 scoop protein with a quest bar - macros come out to about the same but I think it'll help keep me a little more sane.

There 's also a local show July 19th. Gonna depend how I look but I'd like to enter in mens physique.

Feeling good though, definitely noticing a difference week by week. Trained back today and started to see veins begin to poke through for the first time in my life.

tjbruno

tjbruno

Awards
had one of the best chest/tri workouts I've ever had today - chest was in pain.

going on a trip to Cali early friday morning so gonna smash shoulders/hams/bi's all tomorrow. Gonna cook and freeze all my food n hope it survives the flight as well - come too far to cheat now.

tjbruno

tjbruno

Awards
you guys sick of my half assed posing yet? no? okay

got all my food prepped and packed for this cali trip. hoping TSA doesn't mess with me. Should be a good time, though!

blondmuscle

blondmuscle

Banned
Awards
Looking lean dude! Keep it up! And let us know how it goes with TSA.

tjbruno

tjbruno

Awards
so san francisco was unreal! so awesome, I had a great time

ended up cheating on my diet pretty good. Stayed as healthy as I could manage, but still had some stuff I shouldn't have - one day I under ate so the next I felt I had to over eat. **** it. I don't think it'll set me back much.

Got home this morning after flying all night, changed, ate, and crushed legs! Back on the grind.

tjbruno

tjbruno

Awards
cuts pretty much over for me, decided not to compete. Got a pretty cool job opportunity with a long miserable commute thats gonna take precedence for a little bit. I'm gonna try and continue with all the same meals as its almost second nature by now, but we'll see.

pretty happy with how far I got

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Nice work!

tjbruno

tjbruno

Awards
thanks man

blondmuscle

blondmuscle

Banned
Awards
cuts pretty much over for me, decided not to compete. Got a pretty cool job opportunity with a long miserable commute thats gonna take precedence for a little bit. I'm gonna try and continue with all the same meals as its almost second nature by now, but we'll see. pretty happy with how far I got
Damn, son! Look at those cuts!

tjbruno

tjbruno

Awards
haha, if I gave it another month like I planned I think I would be diced