I need diet help

tdecosta519

Awards
I have been working out for about 6 years now but I have now realized that I have no idea what I'm doing with eating. I need help with a plan to cut for the summer while retaining my muscle. I am 5 foot 6 and weigh 160 pounds.

Can anyone give me a rough estimate of a diet plan?

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
I have been working out for about 6 years now but I have now realized that I have no idea what I'm doing with eating. I need help with a plan to cut for the summer while retaining my muscle. I am 5 foot 6 and weigh 160 pounds.

Can anyone give me a rough estimate of a diet plan?
I'm not going to do it all for you but I will tell you what to search for.

Look up how to figure what your maintenance calories are for 160.

Then you need to decide macros. If your cutting I know people that do 40 percent protein. 40 percent fat. 20 percent carbs. Search "how to figure macros".

Then you need to sit down and plan a diet that hits the calories you need to lose weight which is 500 less than your maintenance calories and your plan has to hit your macros.

Then start eating your food plan and see if your weight goes up or down or stays the same. Adjust values from there.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
this sounds pretty good for starters. getting ripped is about using quality nutrition in a cals in vs cals out manner. you need to look into myfitness pal on your iPhone/android. its a calorie tracking program that will help you log food each day.
lastly look into the many highly effective supplements out on the market for burning fat, combined with exercise and diet you will be diced in time!

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Google this.... Dave Polumbo's Cutting Diet.

I lost 30lbs in 4 months with no supplements other then protein powder,
I maintained my lean mass and lost mostly fat.

BigRed1974

BigRed1974

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/

This is a pretty good calculator to at least get you in the ballpark for your calories and macros. After that it is trial and error since everyones body responds different.

Tagger

Tagger

Awards

tdecosta519

Awards
Thanks fellas. I just looked at polumbos diet and I've never tried such a low carb approach but I am willing. It's hard for me to get six meals in a day would it be bad to combing two of the meals into one to still hit the daily requiements? And I guess I can just subtract 2 or 3 hundred calories from his diet that calls for a 200 pound man?

I've also downloaded fitness pal on my iPhone and I'm pretty impressed!

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
Thanks fellas. I just looked at polumbos diet and I've never tried such a low carb approach but I am willing. It's hard for me to get six meals in a day would it be bad to combing two of the meals into one to still hit the daily requiements? And I guess I can just subtract 2 or 3 hundred calories from his diet that calls for a 200 pound man?

If your 160 you need to figure calories at 160. It's all different.

OP if you want to cut. Here's how I did it when I was gone for the Army. I didn't have any counters or any of that ****.

Eat 3 meals a day, eat loads of protein and as little carbs as you can. Dont eat bread, tortillas, rice, grains, any of that **** and eat eggs, chicken, meat, peanut butter, cottage cheese and eat a salad with it (no croutons, and bull**** like that) and keep working out and I promise you the fat will mealt off.

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks fellas. I just looked at polumbos diet and I've never tried such a low carb approach but I am willing.
It's hard for me to get six meals in a day would it be bad to combing two of the meals into one to still hit the daily requiements? And I guess
I can just subtract 2 or 3 hundred calories from his diet that calls for a 200 pound man?
You don't have to eat 6 Meals. I ate 5 and only 3 of them were real food..

Example 5 Meal Layout:

Meal 1: Breakfast 4 Eggs w/ 4 oz ham

Meal 2: Chicken w/ almonds & olive oil

Meal 3: Whey Protein w/ natural peanut butter & almond milk

Meal 4: Beaf, chicken or fish w/ salad or spinach (or other green vege)

Meal 5: Whey Protein w/ natural peanut butter & almond milk

jonson789

Awards
Hi ...!
First of all you should make a diet plane , add exercise and morning walk walk in your daily routine .Take heavy breakfast and light dinner.Drink water early in the morning .

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

glad you found that app.. its literally your best friend in this adventure. as far as meals... you can eat once a day if you wanted to.. people call it intermittent fasting, which when combined with ketosis (palumbos diet style) is an effective approach to extreme fatloss.
keto diets truly are the easiest diet..as tagger said it really can be that easy.. just track them calories.. then when you get a little slowed down in your rate of fat loss add in some IFN Thermoxyn for even more powerful fatloss, than keto alone.

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
glad you found that app.. its literally your best friend in this adventure. as far as meals... you can eat once a day if you wanted to.. people call it intermittent fasting, which when combined with ketosis (palumbos diet style) is an effective approach to extreme fatloss.
keto diets truly are the easiest diet..as tagger said it really can be that easy.. just track them calories.. then when you get a little slowed down in your rate of fat loss add in some IFN Thermoxyn for even more powerful fatloss, than keto alone.
I like to figure my own calories and then plug them into my fitness pal and then plug away. Find foods you can eat everyday and get into a routine. It's that easy.

karenduff

karenduff

Awards
Just try to exercise more and eat right !