Best way to transition back to normal diet after 5 months?

pitching101

pitching101

Awards
  • Established
Had great results running a cyclical ketogenic diet for the last few months. I would do 36 hour carb ups every other weekend. This weekend would normally be my carb-up weekend but if I'm looking to transition back to a 40/40/20 diet for my upcoming bulk should I just start adding in about 20gs of carbs per day? So 20g day 1, 40g day 2, etc. Any certain types of carbs to avoid?

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Im not sure if it will make much of a difference.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
if you are trying to avoid redepositing fat, there is new evidence suggesting that you should reduce carbs after a diet.. seeing as how you are coming off a keto diet that shouldn't be a problem. in fact, if you had success using that CKD why not turn to body opus style training and and switch to a TKD style diet. this would become a best of both worlds method for your up coming bulk.. the least amount of fat deposit while gaining.

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
Just started bodyopus a month ago. Have had great results with it. Thanks to R1pp for suggesting it to me. The only down side is when it comes to carb loading the way this diet does it. So if you find that it doesnt work the best for you look into the Anabolic Diet. Very similar, the carb ups are just structured different.

inmylife34

Awards
Slow raise your cals 10 percent at most until you are back at maintenance