love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hey there guys! I'm new here to AM. I started this journey about 7 years ago. I'll give you the short version though. Lol I grew up inactive and fat. In 2006 weighing in at 200lbs at 5'5", I realized how fat I was and wanted to loose weight. So, I did the typical thing- dropped calories down to 900 a day and ate all crap. Lost down to 140 and got pregnant with my second child. After having my second child, I joined a gym determined not to get fat again! Waisted a year basically still eating crap and playing in the gym before I started educating myself on proper training and nutrition. Slowly, I am learning... As of now I have lost 70 lbs and around 23% bf. I am down to 19% bf - my goal is to be around 15%. So, I'd love learn from you guys as I continue towards my goal!

Training summary:
M, T, TH, FR- weights and (30 min) HIIT cardio
(Details will be posted thought my log)

Nutrition: 1500 calories
Protein at least 1 gram per lb
Carb 150 grams or less
Fat 40g or less

Water- 1 gallon a day

Attachments

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yay! I found you! You look amazing! Great job!!!!! Great motivation!!!!! Lets do this! :D

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In for support girl!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Magdalena

Magdalena

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey there guys! I'm new here to AM. I started this journey about 7 years ago. I'll give you the short version though. Lol I grew up inactive and fat. In 2006 weighing in at 200lbs at 5'5", I realized how fat I was and wanted to loose weight. So, I did the typical thing- dropped calories down to 900 a day and ate all crap. Lost down to 140 and got pregnant with my second child. After having my second child, I joined a gym determined not to get fat again! Waisted a year basically still eating crap and playing in the gym before I started educating myself on proper training and nutrition. Slowly, I am learning... As of now I have lost 70 lbs and around 23% bf. I am down to 19% bf - my goal is to be around 15%. So, I'd love learn from you guys as I continue towards my goal! Training summary: M, T, TH, FR- weights and (30 min) HIIT cardio (Details will be posted thought my log) Nutrition: 1500 calories Protein at least 1 gram per lb Carb 150 grams or less Fat 40g or less Water- 1 gallon a day
Good job on the weight loss!!
Keep up the good work...
:)

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Good job on the weight loss!! Keep up the good work... :)
Thank you so much girl!

Shoulders today!

Circuit: 4 sets
Rotations 10lbs x30
Front/side raises with drag 7.5x20(2) 10x20
Kettle bell front swings 20x15, 25x15, 30x15
Kettle bell side swings 15x12

Handstand push ups 3 sets to failure

Reverse flyes on peck deck 70x12, 75x12(2)

Db press 20x20, 25x12, 30 to failure

30 min of intervals 3.5 walking from 6.5-8.5 mph running

Diet has been on track a solid 4 weeks now...hoping to break my plateau!!

Feel free to give advice and tips! Always love to learn!!!!

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Oh how this ungraceful bear hates handstand pushups!!!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Oh how this ungraceful bear hates handstand pushups!!!
They are rough! Mine are still progressing- I haven't perfected them quite yet! There's a trainer at the gym who does them on benches and into push ups on the bench! It's CRAZY!

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
They are rough! Mine are still progressing- I haven't perfected them quite yet! There's a trainer at the gym who does them on benches and into push ups on the bench! It's CRAZY!
Ya know, I doubt my core will be at that point anytime soon but we gotta have goals right? lls

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ya know, I doubt my core will be at that point anytime soon but we gotta have goals right? lls
Haha mine either! Exactly! They always start off as a long shot but if you work hard enough- you can make 'em happen! :)

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Leg day!! Woohoo! One of my favs! Usually get to sleep in till 6 on Fridays but had to go at 5am so I could get to my daughters school by 8 for a field trip! She still thinks I'm "cool" enough to go -so I can't turn her down! Haha

Week has been great. Staying strict on nutrition and getting in at least a gallon of water. Energy is drained but still pushing through workouts fine- it's the rest of the day I have trouble with! Lol

Warm-up: Walking lunges 20lbs x20 each leg

Squats: 95x12, 135x10, 175x8

SLDL 95x20, 135x12, 175x10

BB Split squat 75x10(each leg), 95x10, 115x10

Circuit: (3 sets)

Single legged deads with db's 30x10
Calf raises oh hack squat 135x30, 185x30, 185x30
Hip thrust (smith machine) 120x12
Jump squats onto step with 3 risers 12 reps Burn out 5 set of 12 with 12 sec rest Leg curls

50lbs Leg extensions 50lbs

LISS cardio 35 min and a couple of sets of pull ups just for practice :)

Now time for a lot of walking with hundreds of 13 year olds! Lol

Magdalena

Magdalena

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Leg day!! Woohoo! One of my favs! Usually get to sleep in till 6 on Fridays but had to go at 5am so I could get to my daughters school by 8 for a field trip! She still thinks I'm "cool" enough to go -so I can't turn her down! Haha Week has been great. Staying strict on nutrition and getting in at least a gallon of water. Energy is drained but still pushing through workouts fine- it's the rest of the day I have trouble with! Lol Warm-up: Walking lunges 20lbs x20 each leg Squats: 95x12, 135x10, 175x8 SLDL 95x20, 135x12, 175x10 Circuit: (3 sets) Single legged deads with db's 30x10 Calf raises oh hack squat 135x30, 185x30, 185x30 Hip thrust (smith machine) 120x12 Jump squats onto step with 3 risers 12 reps Burn out 5 set of 12 with 12 sec rest Leg curls 50lbs Leg extensions 50lbs LISS cardio 35 min and a couple of sets of pull ups just for practice :) Now time for a lot of walking with hundreds of 13 year olds! Lol
U r doing a great job!!!
Good luck on ur 'challenge' today ...lol....

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Awesome leg day!!!! :D

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ok so me and the walking thing aren't getting along well today especially if there are stairs involved! Haha Luckily just hanging and playing with the family today! I hope everyone's having a wonderful weekend! :)

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
I'll follow along for the ride. It's good to see more females coming along on this male dominant forum. Awesome transformation thus far!!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'll follow along for the ride. It's good to see more females coming along on this male dominant forum. Awesome transformation thus far!!
Thank you Luke! Glad to have you follow! :) The two girls I have met are both awesome and very inspirational! So it's a privilege to be a part!!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Meal prep for the week done...salmon/brown rice, and salmon/sweet potato! Just need some green veggies. :) I'm excited about salmon this week! Gonna give chicken a break! Lol

Attachments

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Meal prep for the week done...salmon/brown rice, and salmon/sweet potato! Just need some green veggies. :) I'm excited about salmon this week! Gonna give chicken a break! Lol
Get it GIRL!!! She cooks and lifts..... lls

Just finished my Breakfast foods for 3 days and prepped the rest earlier....whew meal prep blows but is necessary lol

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Looks delish! I've been so lethargic today, in and out of bed. I have to get my a** up and cook!!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Haha I love to cook! Really love to bake but I only do that as a side job now! Yes, meal prep is quite tedious but well worth the trouble!

Puccah, I understand! I have felt the same way! Took a 3 hr nap! Had to get up to take care of the kids- otherwise might have slept through till tomorrow! ;)

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Haha I love to cook! Really love to bake but I only do that as a side job now! Yes, meal prep is quite tedious but well worth the trouble!

Puccah, I understand! I have felt the same way! Took a 3 hr nap! Had to get up to take care of the kids- otherwise might have slept through till tomorrow! ;)
Lol, I wish I could bake. I want cupcakes right now and I'm tired of chicken. Blah..

Oh man, I think everyone is getting sick. :(

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Love 2 bake huh got and recipes to share? Gotta find someone who can ***** Chef Bob lol

Supposed to say R-i-V-a-L dunno why it marked it out lol

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Puccah, if you weren't on the opposite side of the country, I'd fix you some cupcakes for a cheat meal! ;p

Movement, lots of recipes and always willing to share! I'm sure you could knock me out of the park! :) lol

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Happy Monday everyone! Started my day off with an awesome back workout!!

Wide pull downs:
85x12, 85x12, 100x12, 120x12

Circuit:
Wide pull downs 85x12x4
High rope cable row 35x12x1, 42.5x12x2, 50x12x1
Dickersons 30x12x1, 35x12x3

Underhand BB rows:
65x15, 75x12, 95x12

Cable row:
85x12x1, 100x12x2

Superset (hammer strength free weight machines-single arms)
ISO High row 35x15, 40x12, 45x12
ISO row 50x12, 60x12, 75x12

Superset biceps:
Incline DB curl 15x12x2, 12.5x12x1
BB Curl 30x12x3

Cardio: 20 min sprints
Ran a little behind playing with the iron too much! So cardio got cut short! Lol

Plan to try to go either at lunch or right after work (since I forgot to grab my clothes on the way out the door! Oops! )

Attachments

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Happy Monday everyone! Started my day off with an awesome back workout!!

Wide pull downs:
85x12, 85x12, 100x12, 120x12

Circuit:
Wide pull downs 85x12x4
High rope cable row 35x12x1, 42.5x12x2, 50x12x1
Dickersons 30x12x1, 35x12x3

Underhand BB rows:
65x15, 75x12, 95x12

Cable row:
85x12x1, 100x12x2

Superset (hammer strength free weight machines-single arms)
ISO High row 35x15, 40x12, 45x12
ISO row 50x12, 60x12, 75x12

Superset biceps:
Incline DB curl 15x12x2, 12.5x12x1
BB Curl 30x12x3

Cardio: 20 min sprints
Ran a little behind playing with the iron too much! So cardio got cut short! Lol

Plan to try to go either at lunch or right after work (since I forgot to grab my clothes on the way out the door! Oops! )
Amazing workout! You look great!!! :D

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Went to the gym after work to get cardio in since I only got 20 mins in this am. Wore pants and a hoodie to sweat it out! It felt so great to throw up my hood, put in my ear buds, and just jog drowning out all the crap of the world! I usually do this on an outdoor run but with it raining, I went the indoor route! Such a release! Great way to head home with a clear head!! :) I hope everyone has had an awesome day and you've done your very best!

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Went to the gym after work to get cardio in since I only got 20 mins in this am. Wore pants and a hoodie to sweat it out! It felt so great to throw up my hood, put in my ear buds, and just jog drowning out all the crap of the world! I usually do this on an outdoor run but with it raining, I went the indoor route! Such a release! Great way to head home with a clear head!! :) I hope everyone has had an awesome day and you've done your very best!
Awesome!!!

I wish I could sweat! :'(

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Awesome!!! I wish I could sweat! :'(
It takes a lot for me to sweat! But I'm learning how to manipulate and push my HR to get it flowing! Hahaha...Hoodies hold all the heat in and definitely make you hot!! Lol

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hoodies make the session BEASTMODE!!!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hoodies make the session BEASTMODE!!!
Heck yeah they do! I had all sorts of people looking at me like I was crazy too! Which I guess is pretty normal when I go outside my normal time @ 5am! Haha That's ok because I am a little crazy!

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Heck yeah they do! I had all sorts of people looking at me like I was crazy too! Which I guess is pretty normal when I go outside my normal time @ 5am! Haha That's ok because I am a little crazy!
A hoodie is my safety blanket. I never train without it. Haha,

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
A hoodie is my safety blanket. I never train without it. Haha,
That's awesome! I only have 1 that's not my hubby's XLT so I'm gonna have to get more! Lol

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Magdalena

Magdalena

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Girl, I read somewhere back about u taking a break from chicken n eating salmon?
The ultimate thing to do is to alternate ur proteins throughout the day... Not too much salmon though, it's high fat...
Stick to chicken, white fish, egg whites, tuna ...
Salmon once or twice a week....

Harvold

Awards
b12 injectable

anyone tried vitamin b12 injections for weight loss and an energy boost?