ultimate diet 2.0 question re WED PM hi-intensity workout

thebiz909

thebiz909

Awards
so i workout every day around 0930-1000, will this be a problem as i can not do the WED PM high intensity workout in the PM as directed. it says to do low carb WED AM and then after WED PM high intensity workout to start carb load. thanx

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Just do your high intensity workout in the morning like usual and either do the Carb load earlier in the day post workout or do low Carb until evening time and start the carb load in the time frame prescribed.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
just adjust the timing to suite your needs if you need to start your carbup in the morning just do that and ajust the program around your schedual

thebiz909

thebiz909

Awards
kool, thanx gents. i shalll try

thebiz909

thebiz909

Awards
i mean i pretty much figured to do that, but i wasnt sure if it would affect my results, like if it was essential that i keep to the schedule of doing the workout in the PM

thebiz909

thebiz909

Awards
can u guys tell me when i will start to see bf% or lbs drop on the scale? i lost 2 lbs and 0.5% bf on the scale (water weight?) the day after i started lo-carb/glycogen depletion, but regained it today (1 day BEFORE carb load) - is this normal? thanx.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
are you watching your calorie count? and are you actually reaching into ketosis? if you over eat while in keto you can actually gain weight so don't take your calorie counting lightly.. in fact that's one thing people forget about keto diets.. fats are costly calorie wise.

thebiz909

thebiz909

Awards
are you watching your calorie count? and are you actually reaching into ketosis? if you over eat while in keto you can actually gain weight so don't take your calorie counting lightly.. in fact that's one thing people forget about keto diets.. fats are costly calorie wise.
yes, i am 'watching' my calorie count. i'm eating the same things every lo-carb/calorie day, the only thing i ate more of yesterday was sugar-free jello which netted an xtra +40 cal, w/ZERO fat/carbs and had an xtra cup of coffee w/cream (maybe +5g of carbs xtra). i dont know if i'm in keto, i havent used the keto strips. i really appreciate your input.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
its also possible that your eating something a little salty .. have some more water tomorrow and see if you can pinpoint anything with a lot of sodium.
for now don't worry too much about the scale.. I tend to see wild fluctuations through out the week. obviously as you come out of a carb up you will have some water weight but by the end of the week you should try to get a base line weigh in right before your carb ups each week and use that number as your only guide IMO.

thebiz909

thebiz909

Awards
does supplementing w/bcaas have any negative effect on this type of diet? like post workout on lo-carb days since i dont take any type of brotein shake i will take bcaas to prevent muscle loss/breakdown. and like some days like today (day after my carb load), i'm sipping on bccas throughout the day. thanx.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
BCAAs are perfectly fine. the thing about the diet is that its designed to maximize progress and it does it by
1. refilling glycogen thus creating an anabolic response from increased insulin sensitivity
2. burning fat at the fastest rate possible while entering a catabolic state. by the time you refill glycogen you will also stop excessive cortisol

thebiz909

thebiz909

Awards
first week is in the books. while i didnt see much 'progress' via the scale (weight/bf%), i did go down one inch around my waist, and thats where i carry all my visible bf. awesome!!