Thoughts and advice

Rush8780

Rush8780

Awards
Just wondering what everyone's take on how long is "to long" to run a calorie restricted diet. I am currently doing 2200 calories on training days mostly of high protein moderate fat and lower carbs, and on off days I stay at around 1800 calories. I do EDT style training which is a type of HIIT/ weight training in itself. My body really isn't losing anymore weight. And I have been dieting for awhile but am scared to drop cals anymore. And I want to stay ripped and keep any bad weight off cuz I'm about to go home from my deployment soon. Any advice on how long I can stay on a restrictive cal diet, or should I up cals a little for awhile?

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
Just wondering what everyone's take on how long is "to long" to run a calorie restricted diet. I am currently doing 2200 calories on training days mostly of high protein moderate fat and lower carbs, and on off days I stay at around 1800 calories. I do EDT style training which is a type of HIIT/ weight training in itself. My body really isn't losing anymore weight. And I have been dieting for awhile but am scared to drop cals anymore. And I want to stay ripped and keep any bad weight off cuz I'm about to go home from my deployment soon. Any advice on how long I can stay on a restrictive cal diet, or should I up cals a little for awhile?
how long have you been doing this

what's your carbs at

are you doing cardio, if so, how much

are you cold, lethargic, and/or lacking sex drive

Ambizione

Ambizione

Awards
As long until you hit your goals. Always refeed and assess your weight loss. People make the mistake of falling into starvation mode and stop losing weight. So they unknowingly reduce calories even further/train harder, only to completely halt progress all together. Keep a lookout for that and good luck

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
of importance is continued adjustment of the diet.. if your intake dictated that calorie count 10-15 lbs ago, then you are not losing any longer because you are eating closer to maintnence. remember to readdress your TDEE every 2 weeks for continued progress