Think its possible?

Ambizione

Ambizione

Awards
Hello peeps on anabolic minds!,
I just joined and im new here, any any input from you guys would be greatly appreciated. I have been on palumbos keto diet for exactly a month, and in this time I have dropped 3% bodyfat, (from 19% to 16%) done with calipers. I train 6 days a week for an hour a day, followed by an hour of LISS right after weight training. With the diet and gym/cardio I am at roughly a 1,000 cal deficit. I am maintaining strength pretty well but look very flat. My goal is to hit 10-11% bodyfat by may 1st, roughly 7 weeks from now. I am thinking of adding another session of LISS in the evening for 30 minutes. I am also doing this unassisted this time around, except hydroxycut hardcore elite in which Ive been taking for a week now. I do not stray from the diet at all, and only have a cheat meal every 14 days. Any advice or experienced members please feel free to let me know what you think. Also, its glad to be here! Thanks,

-Ambizione

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
You are going to stall weight loss, cause metabolic damage, and have a hell of a rebound once this is done.

You're already at the maximum calorie deficit without it getting dangerous, you're doing and wanting to add more cardio.

You are currently losing and will continue to be losing lean mass.

If your goal is to just be skinny continue.

I recommend you drop that deadline if yours, cut it back to 500 cals under maintenance, keep protein intake high, and if you are not lifting as well as cardio you should start.

It will take longer but your physique will thank you. Also remember more muscle mass makes dieting easier, muscle uses a lot of fuel (calories) to maintain itself, which is why in that deficit it is being lost.

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
It has been my experience that a refeed day is needed every 5-6 days if you are serious about lifting. Also, during a Keto Diet there should be NO need to be that low in calories. Look at it this way, at the rate you are loosing (3% doesnt mean anything) you have probably lost 1 lbs of lean mass for every 3 lbs of fat. My advice would be to increase your calories. Your weight will go up, but your lifts should be all that much better.

Ambizione

Ambizione

Awards
Hey guys I appreciate the responses. I am coming from a layoff due to injury, and I have had success with palumbos diet in the past getting from roughly 15% down to 9%. I know that without anabolics involved I will be losing lean mass, and so far I have lost 2-3 lbs of lean mass, but ive also dropped 3% bodyfat and 2.5 inches from my waist. This morning I am 198lbs at 5'10 with 16% (15.7% but I doubt it) bodyfat, with a lean mass of 168lbs. I have and will be willing to lose a few lbs of muscle to hit 10%, I have spilled over bad this time and its unacceptable, and I plan to clean bulk when I hit my goals anyway. Also for the calorie statement, I am following the diet to a T. It is the outline for a 200lb man during precontest, which basically I train and eat for without the contest. I appreciate the responses but can someone chime in and tell me if my goal is feasible? Thanks again.

Last edited:
keithgeiling

keithgeiling

Awards
  • Established
You are going to stall weight loss, cause metabolic damage, and have a hell of a rebound once this is done. You're already at the maximum calorie deficit without it getting dangerous, you're doing and wanting to add more cardio. You are currently losing and will continue to be losing lean mass. If your goal is to just be skinny continue. I recommend you drop that deadline if yours, cut it back to 500 cals under maintenance, keep protein intake high, and if you are not lifting as well as cardio you should start. It will take longer but your physique will thank you. Also remember more muscle mass makes dieting easier, muscle uses a lot of fuel (calories) to maintain itself, which is why in that deficit it is being lost.
^^^^this^^^^^ times 10.

Ambizione

Ambizione

Awards
Anyone with contest prep experience want to chime in?

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I will say that I agree with veaderko ... there is no need to go so low or work out as much, but I know keto dieting inside and out, and if you can handle feeling like a zombie all the time fine.. do what the program outlines. try adding some hemavol to your lift sessions as it will help tremendously with the muscle flatness youre experiencing.

I do have pre contest prep experience.. what would you like to know?

Ambizione

Ambizione

Awards
I would just like to know if my goal to drop another 5% bodyfat is feasible in the next 7 weeks with my program. And thank you for the hemavol reccomendation Going to bb.com now to check it out!

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Thanks driven!
Not a problem brother and good luck in the cut, just give it all you've got.

If you ever have more questions for diet/training/supplements feel free to PM me

Ambizione

Ambizione

Awards
Exactly bro, im giving it all I got. Even if I only lose another 3-4% bodyfat, its a win and ill be that much closer. All of you guys have been a great help.

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
I would just like to know if my goal to drop another 5% bodyfat is feasible in the next 7 weeks with my program. And thank you for the hemavol reccomendation Going to bb.com now to check it out!
Everyone's body is different so I cant say for sure an extra 5% is going to happen in 7 weeks. With as low as you are, if you stall out you have no where to go. If you look through my posts, somewhere I give an example of how to apply calories, supplements, and cardio to cut down. It is just ofcourse one way to do things, but it is what has worked for me and my clients with great success.
So if you are dead set against doing what your doing, than all I can say is good luck and let us know if it worked out for you.

Ambizione

Ambizione

Awards
Everyone's body is different so I cant say for sure an extra 5% is going to happen in 7 weeks. With as low as you are, if you stall out you have no where to go. If you look through my posts, somewhere I give an example of how to apply calories, supplements, and cardio to cut down. It is just ofcourse one way to do things, but it is what has worked for me and my clients with great success.
So if you are dead set against doing what your doing, than all I can say is good luck and let us know if it worked out for you.
Thanks I will see what I can find. Yes I am completely determined to hit 10% and it may take me a few extra weeks but I will get there no matter how much lbm I may lose. Im coming back from an injury and I let myself go. It ran its course and its time to stop f*cking around. I have the tools and knowledge to get my lbm back up later on. Ill keep anyone interested posted. Thanks for the response bro

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm in! :D

Ambizione

Ambizione

Awards
Sorry Puccah this wont be a log. I have 6 weeks to go and I feel like I would bore people with my goal Lol. When I have something interesting to work twords ill make a log. But I will post my results here in 6 weeks for those who are interested.

JD261985

Banned
Awards
Thanks I will see what I can find. Yes I am completely determined to hit 10% and it may take me a few extra weeks but I will get there no matter how much lbm I may lose. Im coming back from an injury and I let myself go. It ran its course and its time to stop f*cking around. I have the tools and knowledge to get my lbm back up later on. Ill keep anyone interested posted. Thanks for the response bro
How many calories are you getting exactly? I'm cutting and get about 2500 on lifting days. If you're natural expect strength to go down. Some guys will swear you can increase lifts while losing weight etc. this may be the case but for someone who's doing that their fat loss progression is probably extremely slow and personally I have never talked to one true natural lifter who gained strength while cutting after they had just been in a bulk. TEENAGERS MIGHT BE ABLE TO DO IT SURE!!! I'm assuming you aren't a teenager lol. I was eating 3500 cals and dropped to 3000. Wasn't losing a pound. Dropped to 2500 it started to come off. Im losing about 1.5 pounds per week roughly. Strength was going up first 2 weeks..started to plateau by week 3-4 and has just now dipped a little but I've lost about 8 pounds with no fat burners.

Ambizione

Ambizione

Awards
How many calories are you getting exactly? I'm cutting and get about 2500 on lifting days. If you're natural expect strength to go down. Some guys will swear you can increase lifts while losing weight etc. this may be the case but for someone who's doing that their fat loss progression is probably extremely slow and personally I have never talked to one true natural lifter who gained strength while cutting after they had just been in a bulk. TEENAGERS MIGHT BE ABLE TO DO IT SURE!!! I'm assuming you aren't a teenager lol. I was eating 3500 cals and dropped to 3000. Wasn't losing a pound. Dropped to 2500 it started to come off. Im losing about 1.5 pounds per week roughly. Strength was going up first 2 weeks..started to plateau by week 3-4 and has just now dipped a little but I've lost about 8 pounds with no fat burners.
Im at 1800 calories and have been for a month, I retain a 1000 calorie deficit a day.Im on keto. In this time Ive dropped 10lbs, and according to calipers and calculators only 2.3 lbs of lbm. I am coming back from an injury and I have muscle memory working with me, even with the deficit it seems to be helping. I know that my strength will dip off, and this is an aggressive approach that will make me lose more lbm than desired, but im sticking to it. If I start to plateau I will actually add another meal. I have 6 weeks left to hit my goal of losing another 5.5% of bodyfat, which now its not looking so good. But If I can hit 11-12 ill be happy and continue until I hit 10%.

JD261985

Banned
Awards
Im at 1800 calories and have been for a month, I retain a 1000 calorie deficit a day.Im on keto. In this time Ive dropped 10lbs, and according to calipers and calculators only 2.3 lbs of lbm. I am coming back from an injury and I have muscle memory working with me, even with the deficit it seems to be helping. I know that my strength will dip off, and this is an aggressive approach that will make me lose more lbm than desired, but im sticking to it. If I start to plateau I will actually add another meal. I have 6 weeks left to hit my goal of losing another 5.5% of bodyfat, which now its not looking so good. But If I can hit 11-12 ill be happy and continue until I hit 10%.
Another approach to strength starting to drop off is to really focus on form and time under tension. Feel each set and really isolate the muscles your working. Utilize a rep tempo like 3 seconds to lower the weight pause for a count at the bottom and then explode up. You may have to lower weight a bit more to account for the increased TUT but it does pay off. Hell I'm still transitioning into a cut. My actual cut starts in a week. I'm going for 16 weeks. I plan on being the leanest I've ever been. Genetically I am never going to be the big and lean guy without drugs. For now I'm going back to a lean physique so I can start completely fresh and work from there

Ambizione

Ambizione

Awards
Another approach to strength starting to drop off is to really focus on form and time under tension. Feel each set and really isolate the muscles your working. Utilize a rep tempo like 3 seconds to lower the weight pause for a count at the bottom and then explode up. You may have to lower weight a bit more to account for the increased TUT but it does pay off. Hell I'm still transitioning into a cut. My actual cut starts in a week. I'm going for 16 weeks. I plan on being the leanest I've ever been. Genetically I am never going to be the big and lean guy without drugs. For now I'm going back to a lean physique so I can start completely fresh and work from there
I am a huge advocate of hypertrophy training. If you look thru my posts and other thread Ive had to really learn how to build the mind muscle connection and other techniques to get past my injuries and still make gains. Also, I am going for the same approach. I can lose another 5lbs of muscle it doesnt bother me. When all is said and done I will have great abs, and be able to lean bulk my way back up without spilling over. I dont plan on ever getting past 12% again.

merph

merph

Awards
I'm about 10 weeks into my cut for summer rate now and keto dieting. I've been having good results getting 600 calories below maintenance for two weeks then a week of only 200 below. I know it's not a huge difference but it's giving better results than a steady deficit

Ambizione

Ambizione

Awards
I'm about 10 weeks into my cut for summer rate now and keto dieting. I've been having good results getting 600 calories below maintenance for two weeks then a week of only 200 below. I know it's not a huge difference but it's giving better results than a steady deficit
Hey Merph, thanks for the input. My next caliper/weigh in is the 31st. If im not losing at the rate I would like ill have to change something. At this point Im thinking of adding in another meal for a week and then drop back again and repeat. Ill just have to wait and see. Hopefully on the 31st im around 14.5% bodyfat.

JD261985

Banned
Awards
I am a huge advocate of hypertrophy training. If you look thru my posts and other thread Ive had to really learn how to build the mind muscle connection and other techniques to get past my injuries and still make gains. Also, I am going for the same approach. I can lose another 5lbs of muscle it doesnt bother me. When all is said and done I will have great abs, and be able to lean bulk my way back up without spilling over. I dont plan on ever getting past 12% again.
This is how I feel. Honestly I was eating 1000 calories over maintenance before. I was just getting so impatient. Then I realized that everyone's bodyfat is always higher than they say it is. I realize I wanna be in the 8-10 percent range before using any hormones. Once again I feel like I'm going back to square one. I started lifting at 25 and I'm 28 now I had no one to show me the ropes of lifting had to figure it out all on my own. I got advice from guys but eventually realized it was the worst advice anyone could give. I also thought that MR Olympia could be achieved naturally lmao. Being natural, figuring out metabolism and all this other shyt can be extremely hard and like I said I hate losing strength it makes me want to take something more anabolic. But I realize that if I can't do this cut naturally then there's no way I'll ever be able to maintain my progress especially if I resort to drugs.

Ambizione

Ambizione

Awards
This is how I feel. Honestly I was eating 1000 calories over maintenance before. I was just getting so impatient. Then I realized that everyone's bodyfat is always higher than they say it is. I realize I wanna be in the 8-10 percent range before using any hormones. Once again I feel like I'm going back to square one. I started lifting at 25 and I'm 28 now I had no one to show me the ropes of lifting had to figure it out all on my own. I got advice from guys but eventually realized it was the worst advice anyone could give. I also thought that MR Olympia could be achieved naturally lmao. Being natural, figuring out metabolism and all this other shyt can be extremely hard and like I said I hate losing strength it makes me want to take something more anabolic. But I realize that if I can't do this cut naturally then there's no way I'll ever be able to maintain my progress especially if I resort to drugs.
Sup Jd,
Well I can tell you that no matter what you arent starting over. Even when taking a break you may let your physique slide, but you still have the knowledge and tools to get you back up to speed, plus a lovely thing called muscle memory. Last year before my accident I had 20 inch arms, and also 20% bodyfat..not very impressive anymore is it? Lol. I was so wrapped up in strength and how much I could lift, and my progress halted. Now coming back I stick to focusing on the contraction. Yes my bench is way lower, and my hammer curls are lighter from not swinging, but im making good gains, and avoiding injury. I guess everyone is guilty of ego training at one time or another. Theres a difference between healthy cheat reps and sloppy gorilla pulling/pushing everything. I respect that you are natural, just get to a good base and when your ready youll be ahead of the game.

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ambizione...

you shouldnt have to go 1000 calories under maintenance on the Polumbo Diet.

Last year prior to going on Polumbo's cutting diet, I had been dieting and went
from 235 to 194, then everything stalled for about a month. I was eating about
2000 calories per day at the time.

Then i went on Polumbo's diet and went from 194 to 164 in 16 weeks..! I lost 30
more pounds after already losing 41lbs and i was eating about 2200 calories per day,
which was about 200 more calories per day then when i my weight loss had stalled
on my previous diet.

If you want to hold onto your lean mass, you really need to up your calories. Theres
no need to go 1000 under maintenance on Polombo Diet.

Ambizione

Ambizione

Awards
Ambizione...

you shouldnt have to go 1000 calories under maintenance on the Polumbo Diet.

Last year prior to going on Polumbo's cutting diet, I had been dieting and went
from 235 to 194, then everything stalled for about a month. I was eating about
2000 calories per day at the time.

Then i went on Polumbo's diet and went from 194 to 164 in 16 weeks..! I lost 30
more pounds after already losing 41lbs and i was eating about 2200 calories per day,
which was about 200 more calories per day then when i my weight loss had stalled
on my previous diet.

If you want to hold onto your lean mass, you really need to up your calories. Theres
no need to go 1000 under maintenance on Polombo Diet.
Thanks Vujade, but im not quite sure I understand what you are saying. Anyway Im at a 1,000 cal deficit with diet and training. Im at roughly a 400 calorie deficit with the diet alone. Thanks for sharing though. So far im hitting my goals, and when I start to stall ill change something. I will re evaluate when I do my next caliper/weigh in on the 31st depending on how im doing in regards to my goals.

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
no worres Ambizione. I think i understand now where your coming from as well.

I was just saying that I was able to increase the number of calories i ate when I switched to the Polumbo diet
and still continued to lose weight.

That type of diet works so well, that large deficits from maintenance aren't necessary for it to work. i hope
that clarifies what i was saying.

But it sounds to me, like you have a good grasp of it, your only dropping your calories by 400 and getting the
other 600 from training. My program was pretty similar to yours. I was at a 400-500 calorie deficit and the other
500-600 calories came from training. Which equaled about 1000 calories per day.

Ambizione

Ambizione

Awards
no worres Ambizione. I think i understand now where your coming from as well.

I was just saying that I was able to increase the number of calories i ate when I switched to the Polumbo diet
and still continued to lose weight.

That type of diet works so well, that large deficits from maintenance aren't necessary for it to work. i hope
that clarifies what i was saying.

But it sounds to me, like you have a good grasp of it, your only dropping your calories by 400 and getting the
other 600 from training. My program was pretty similar to yours. I was at a 400-500 calorie deficit and the other
500-600 calories came from training. Which equaled about 1000 calories per day.
I got ya now, sweet. Im pretty excited about it as my progress is still coming strong. Ill keep you guys posted, thanks for the input bro

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
good luck with it....

Im considering doing it again or Im going to try the Ultimate Diet 2.0 as soon as Im done with my
current program in 4 weeks.

Mystere3

Awards
Have you thought about running a sarm or multiple sarms? They might make achieving your goal a lot easier. Gw would be perfect too.

Ambizione

Ambizione

Awards
Have you thought about running a sarm or multiple sarms? They might make achieving your goal a lot easier. Gw would be perfect too.
I was thinking of running a gw/s4 stack with albuterol originally, but in the beginning I was 19% bodyfat and I figured to just focus on my diet and training. Its actually pretty satisfying doing this unassisted haha.

Mystere3

Awards
Up to you, gw/s4 is pretty epic for shredding though, fat loss similar to tren (without as much anabolic potential, obv)

Ambizione

Ambizione

Awards
Ok guys heres a little update. Its been 10 days since my last caliper test and I couldnt wait any longer haha. I was @ 16% 10 days ago @ 166lbs lbm. Today I am 15.2% bodyfat at 165.5lbs of lbm. I think its safe to say I am losing 1% bodyfat every two weeks which is decent, but at this rate (and especially since its going to slow down now anyway) I dont think it is feasible for me to drop another 5% bodyfat in the remaining 39 days. I want to keep the diet where its at for now, so do you guys have any suggestions on how I can progress a little faster? I cant drop calories, but im thinking of adding in a 30 minute session of liss in the evenings. This would put me at 90 mins of liss a day. Thanks in advance

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
What does your meal timing look like?

Is any of this cardio done fasted?

Current supplements being used?

Ambizione

Ambizione

Awards
What does your meal timing look like?

Is any of this cardio done fasted?

Current supplements being used?
I am eating every 3 hours. I have one scoop of whey and 2 tbls of olive oil before my weight training and cardio. My supplements are hydroxycut hardcore elite, which I take as a preworkout, whey, bcaas (during cardio), taurine, Creatine ethyl ester, citruilline malate and alpha lipoic acid, plus my armor -v multivitamins.

Ambizione

Ambizione

Awards
Is there no way I can drop 1% bodyfat a week at my stats? I dont want to shrivel up into a skinny fat guy.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Is there no way I can drop 1% bodyfat a week at my stats? I dont want to shrivel up into a skinny fat guy.
I would use MCT's as opposed to olive oil for the pre-workout meal.
Take the Hydroxy twice a day, once being preworkout.

A more comprehensive GDA could be considered as opposed to just the ALA.

You are keto here? If so I strongly suggest the inclusion of a carnitine salt to mobilize fatty acids for use as fuel. ALCAR, PLCAR, LCLT, pick your poison.

Also you are doing a fair amount of LISS and thinking of adding more... Add a 20 minute HIIT session and I guarantee that will kickstart some extra fat-loss.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would use MCT's as opposed to olive oil for the pre-workout meal. Take the Hydroxy twice a day, once being preworkout. A more comprehensive GDA could be considered as opposed to just the NaRALA. You are keto here? If so I strongly suggest the inclusion of a carnitine salt to mobilize fatty acids for use as fuel. ALCAR, PLCAR, LCLT, pick your poison. Also you are doing a fair amount of LISS and thinking of adding more... Add a 20 minute HIIT session and I guarantee that will kickstart some extra fat-loss.
I can honestly say McT oil is the best supplement I have ever bought

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I can honestly say McT oil is the best supplement I have ever bought
I can believe it

More of a dietary change than a supplement.

And as we all know
Diet>>>>supplements
For any goal.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I can believe it More of a dietary change than a supplement. And as we all know Diet>>>>supplements For any goal.
Yessir. I replaced about 200 of my calories with it. Honestly you could eat at your maintenance then go over with mct oil and stl get lean.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
The one thing I would add in is when I'm on a CKD, I will fluctuate my calorie totals every couple days. I check the scale each morning, which I know isn't necessary. But if if moves down at all, after the water sheds from Saturday Carb up, then I stick with that total. If I go 2 days that the scale doesn't budge, I increase my calories 2-300 that day. Then usually the next morning it moves again, even though we are talking tenths of a pound. My goal is to be down a net 1-2lbs every Saturday morning before Carb loading.

If you are only having a cheat meal every two weeks, I would add in more fat every couple days to bump your total calories. Don't get locked in to a daily calorie number for the long haul. Try maintenance total for a day, 400 calorie deficit for a couple, then a couple hundred over maintenance for a day. Then keep rotating totals by adding or subtracting fats. Then on your cheat meal day, have a BIG cheat meal to really bump the calories that day. A big spike every 14 days will actually do you good.

My buddy used to eat a large cheese pizza every 2 weeks during contest prep and swears by kicking your system out of the stalemate of constant low calories.

Ambizione

Ambizione

Awards
Thanks guys, I actually am having a large pizza in 5 days for my cheat meal, along with other junk. For now I will take the hydroxycut twice a day and add in a session of hiit post workout, followed by my liss. I am looking into mct oil and alcar. Also My calories have been zig zagging these last few days. My ma got some of my favorite cheese imported and I snack on that regularly giving me an extra 300 cals or so a day some days. I know I wont hit 10% in this time frame, but if I can get to 11-12% ill still be happy.

Ambizione

Ambizione

Awards
Today I tried HIIT for the first time in well, a year? My cardio is pretty bad. I used the semi standard of 60 secs sprint and 120 seconds walk. But it takes me more like 8 minutes to recover and I felt like I was gonna pass out! So instead here is what I did. I walk for 15 minutes at 3 mph, then I run for as long as I can (2 minutes) at 7.2mph. Repeat this 3 times. When I was done I burned 402 cals in 50 mins. This was after a hour session of shoulders and 25 mins of abs. Ughhh im beyond beat.

Mystere3

Awards
Prowler would be more fun, faster, and easier.

Ambizione

Ambizione

Awards
Also guys I have a question on creatine.. im using CEE pre and post workout 2 grams each time. This is my first time using the ethyl ester and wanted it because supposedly it caused no bloat and I only thought it would help me preserve my lean mass while cutting, but I honestly wake up every morning smoothe as soap, Granted im still 15% bodyfat, but I feel like its making me hold hella water. Ive been on it for a month or so and cant understand why sometimes I look like im taking steps backwards with bodyfat. Thanks in advance

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
CEE is the worst creatine blend there is IMO.

Did mono give you bloat?

If so go with MCC

Ambizione

Ambizione

Awards
CEE is the worst creatine blend there is IMO.

Did mono give you bloat?

If so go with MCC

I remember taking celltech and it literally put on 6-7 lbs of water on me in a week during the loading phase. But I feel like CEE is half as bad. At midnight or so im looking lean with more vascularity and ab definition (can barely see my top 2 still lol) and 12 hours later I look like ive gained 2-3% bodyfat. Can CEE do this to you?