Question about keto diet?

Boris2247

Awards
hi, I have been on a keto diet for 2 weeks now, specifically the CKD. I wont bother you with my nutrition facts, but i have one question. I read two days ago that you need to wait 2 weeks before the first refeed and then you can refeed every week.

I already did a refeed last week. My ketostix are dark-pink, but from what I read, those are not too reliable. I've been keeping my carbs below 25 every day.

So do you HAVE TO wait 2 weeks for a first refeed? and since im 2 weeks into it, should i restart and not do a refeed now for 2 weeks?

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The two week periord is to ensure a meatbolic switch to fat burning happens.

Ambizione

Ambizione

Awards
Hey Boris,
Yes it is pretty mandatory as stated above, I am on keto right now, but not ckd as this doesnt work well for my body. Anyway, in my experience the keto stix are a good judge of whats going on in regards of your bodies ketosis. A light pink color is a good start, but I would shoot for a darker color. Also, sometimes 25G carbs are perfect for people, while other very carb sensative people like me need to eat almost none to really dig deep into ketosis. Stick with it and good luck!

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I find it hard to believe you cant get into keto in a few days if you are eating >25 g a day. in fact, when done properly one can easily hit into keto in about 36-48 hrs. the trick is knowing what to do to achieve it.
this is how body opus works.. 2 days of carbs. followed by 2 days depletion followed buy 3 days of keto.

Boris2247

Awards
i am in ketosis, the stix are unreliable. one day i was purple, the next day i was white (i didnt consume more than 20 g in between, mind you).

i just wanna know if i HAVE TO make the 2 week no carb up period, or if its not mandatory

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
Everyone's body is different. The sticks are a guideline, not hard and true. So dont go crazy about it. Once you refeed you will be out anyways. True way to know if its working is check the mirror and watch your weight. If you already started your refeed dont worry about it, just keep doing what your doing. Its not going to kill you and you will still see progress.

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
At 200lbs, I doubt you're in bad enough shape to take more than a couple days to drop into ketosis. As such, you're fine, and at least two studies agree.
Fat Gain During The Carb Up

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
i am in ketosis, the stix are unreliable. one day i was purple, the next day i was white (i didnt consume more than 20 g in between, mind you).

i just wanna know if i HAVE TO make the 2 week no carb up period, or if its not mandatory
just because you didn't show ketones on the stick doesn't mean you are not in ketosis. its just you had burnt them all for fuel. stix are better than nothing. and you should keep in mind that probably the best time for testing is first thing in the morning. as your body doesn't need so much fuel as you sleep.
I alrdy answered your question. its perfectly fine to wait two weeks or not, but only after you've been on keto for awhile, will you know what works best for you.

currently I go 2 weeks between refeeds.
usually I go 5 days between carb ups.

Ristonian

Ristonian

Awards
hi, I have been on a keto diet for 2 weeks now, specifically the CKD. I wont bother you with my nutrition facts, but i have one question. I read two days ago that you need to wait 2 weeks before the first refeed and then you can refeed every week. I already did a refeed last week. My ketostix are dark-pink, but from what I read, those are not too reliable. I've been keeping my carbs below 25 every day. So do you HAVE TO wait 2 weeks for a first refeed? and since im 2 weeks into it, should i restart and not do a refeed now for 2 weeks?
I have been on and off of THE CKD for the past 2 years. I have even combined it with Intermittent fasting for maximum results. No you do not have to wait two weeks in order to replenish glycogen stores but it is better for the ketosis effect. I recommend only a 1 day carb window as you'll see glycogen gets replenished fairly easily and fast. Those 20 gs of carbs do a lot more than you think they do.

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
I love this stuff. I am in day 10 with minimal carbs and carbed up last night and a bit tonight. Tomorrow will be back to minimal carbs for at least 4-5 days.