EC Stack on Cut

RyGuy14

RyGuy14

Awards
I'm starting a cut on March 16th after a 7 month bulk (started ~166 @ 9% and ending ~187 @ 15%)

I'm getting a DXA scan next week to get exact BF, but assuming I'm still at 15%:

TDEE is calculated around 2600 a day, but considering my workout load (P/P/L 2x per week), I would say closer to 2800.

Currently at 3100 (388c, 233p, 69f).

Will drop to TDEE-15%: 2400 (274c, 196p, 63f)

I'm really wondering if I should start an EC stack at the beginning of my cut or if I should introduce it later on (around week 3 or 4). I'm giving myself about 10 weeks to cut (I'm looking to get to 9-10% BF at the end).

Any suggestions? I've never ran an EC stack before, and my caffeine tolerance is moderately low (only use pre's 3x a week)

liftandeat

liftandeat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Start it on week 2 then run it for 8 weeks till the end of your cut at 2 doses a day of 200 mg caffeine and 25 mg E. That's what I would do. What are you plans for after your cut?

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I usually like to take the diet to a point where it starts to slow in progress, then start up my fat burners which are usually either dexaprine, alphamine, and fork 95.. wich imo is far better for body composition changes than ec ever was for me.. that said, I do really like the performance effects I get from EC.
but yea, id diet till u loose traction and then start adding in the supps.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I usually like to take the diet to a point where it starts to slow in progress, then start up my fat burners which are usually either dexaprine, alphamine, and fork 95.. wich imo is far better for body composition changes than ec ever was for me.. that said, I do really like the performance effects I get from EC.
but yea, id diet till u loose traction and then start adding in the supps.
i agree with this. you're dropping a lot of calories so you're going to start losing fat without ec. Once you hit a sticking point i'd consider adding supps to help get you to the next level

RyGuy14

RyGuy14

Awards
Got it. Will play it by progress then and see if I need it.

After the cut I'm looking mostly to maintain and start reverse dieting adding 10 carbs per week

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Got it. Will play it by progress then and see if I need it.

After the cut I'm looking mostly to maintain and start reverse dieting adding 10 carbs per week
sounds like a good plan to me man. good luck!

RyGuy14

RyGuy14

Awards
What would be recommended for dosage? I'm awake at 7AM and laying down by 11PM.

Since its my first time, should I still go with 200mg caffeine and 25mg E?

I can dose 3x a day (7AM, 2PM (preworkout), 6PM), but I'm worried about taking the last dose so close to bed (5 hrs).
Or maybe just 2x a day (7AM and 2PM)

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
For the first few days I would start with one dose only upon waking. if you tolerate that well increase it to 2 doses a day. taking ec pre workout would be beneficial, but it doesn't have to be right before your workout. if you decide to increase the dose to 3x per day you could take your second dose earlier than 2pm, maybe around noon. and then your last dose between 4-6. try it out and see how it works for you. some people have a terrible time sleeping while on ec, and some have no problems with it. a lot of it is going to boil down to how you personally respond to taking ec. but definitely start small and work your way up

P

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
My personal opinion would be to do the DXA scan but don't look at the results. I'm assuming you'd go back later.

This way you can see exactly how much motivation you have. If you know what you're at, you theoretically know how hard you have to work, so you might not give it your all. If you don't know your BF %, your only option is to work as hard as you can, since you don't know what your baseline is.

M

made2last

Awards
I am looking to lose 90-100 pounds, I can't take EC around the clock, I take a half of a bronkaid on saturdays pre workout only because I can't take it when i get home from work because I won't be able to sleep. I have excellent workouts on EC but what do you guys recommend for fat loss that i can take that won't make me come up positive for speed lol. I seen some products somewhere on this forum, and even seen ppl use albuterol?asthma meds? I don't know, any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

Hockeyaus33

Hockeyaus33

Awards
  • Established
I would do it maybe about a week-two weeks into your cut. Let your body kind of naturally adjust to the caloric deficit first.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I am looking to lose 90-100 pounds, I can't take EC around the clock, I take a half of a bronkaid on saturdays pre workout only because I can't take it when i get home from work because I won't be able to sleep. I have excellent workouts on EC but what do you guys recommend for fat loss that i can take that won't make me come up positive for speed lol. I seen some products somewhere on this forum, and even seen ppl use albuterol?asthma meds? I don't know, any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.
have a look at thermoxyn by iForce. it should be available at retailers any day now. its still got some caffeine in it so you will want to take it before 4 pm if you go to sleep at 10 (arbitrary times)
if you put in the effort on diet and gym time you will be able to cut down rapidly.