Creatine for weight loss

clem3030

clem3030

Awards
I am currently in a cut and am trying to get to single digit body fat% currently at 16%. I am eating clean remaining in a caloric deficit and got my macros in check loosing 1-2lbs per week. I currently take BCAA , creatine, and protein. I just started taking a pre-workout. My question is will I retain extra weight from water from the creatine? I am shooting for a nice dry look.

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
Yes you will retain water but I would say so what until you are sub 10% it won't matter them just cut it and you will be good.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
even then I find the creatine bloat to be far more intramuscular than a watery under the skin bloat.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
even then I find the creatine bloat to be far more intramuscular than a watery under the skin bloat.
this^ if your using a quality creatine product like creaplex or a creapure product

then the creatine is pulling the water intramuscular and not between the muscle and skin so the bloat is widely overstated

thus still being a good tool to keep size while losing fat

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
this^ if your using a quality creatine product like creaplex or a creapure product

then the creatine is pulling the water intramuscular and not between the muscle and skin so the bloat is widely overstated

thus still being a good tool to keep size while losing fat
I agree 100% the only time I have had any issue is in contest prep if I try to keep creatine in the 4 weeks I just end up looking bloated had to change shows do to this issue in the past. Meh maybe its placebo.. never can tell for sure.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I agree 100% the only time I have had any issue is in contest prep if I try to keep creatine in the 4 weeks I just end up looking bloated had to change shows do to this issue in the past. Meh maybe its placebo.. never can tell for sure.
i agree, you should def drop creatine a bit before a contest...you doing a show vs someone just trying to look better is a whole different beast, for most ppl they wouldn't need to drop creatine

curious though, have you have done a contest where u drop creatine....then load it a few days out from the show? i've heard ppl doing that before

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
i agree, you should def drop creatine a bit before a contest...you doing a show vs someone just trying to look better is a whole different beast, for most ppl they wouldn't need to drop creatine

curious though, have you have done a contest where u drop creatine....then load it a few days out from the show? i've heard ppl doing that before
No, but I have been thinking about trying it. I am superstitious when it comes to prep though I swear it is like black magic, the last week if something worked don't change it lol

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
OP, do a search as I recently just posted a video of Lane Norton talking about creatine and at what section of the video is the most important. A good quality creatine is the way to go. Besides the fact that mono is the least expensive form, I have not seen any reason to try any other form. Ive been taking creaplex for a long time and it works just as good as anything else you are going to pay a lot more for.

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
Creatine is always good to take on a bulk or a cut.

Fitsexyluv1

Fitsexyluv1

Awards
Is it true that creating makes you gain weight or is it more lean muscle? Would you recommend a woman to take it if looking to compete in near future?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Is it true that creating makes you gain weight or is it more lean muscle? Would you recommend a woman to take it if looking to compete in near future?
Weight gain is not fat, it is increased glycogen (and therefore water as well) uptake into muscle tissue

I would always find benefit in its use

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
My wife's friend takes creatine. She likes it and she looks good.

soorma37

soorma37

Awards
Make sure if you take creatine that you drink hella water. Or you'll get dehydrated and that's not healthy.

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
Make sure if you take creatine that you drink hella water. Or you'll get dehydrated and that's not healthy.
Don't need "hella" water but more than normal ya.