Is it true some people really cant loose weight?

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Height, weight shoot me log so I can see your training. How many time a week do you lift what's your split like?

2. Shoot me a pm and I can help if needed.there is a ton of ways to bust thru the plateau. Carb cycling has worked wonders for me as did if fasting.depends on your schedule needs
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by brobody View Post
    Height, weight shoot me log so I can see your training. How many time a week do you lift what's your split like?
    5'5" 135, M-back/bis followed by 30 min of sprints, T-chest/tris/abs 30 min sprints, W- sprints or occasional rest day, Th-shoulders/abs 30 min sprints, F- Legs LISS 30+ min, S&S- family days
    I just started my log so not all of my training routines aren't posted yet. They will be by the end of the week! http://anabolicminds.com/forum/weight-loss/247222-heres-my-first-post4427074.html
    The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Isaiah 40:28b-29

4. Kat, my advice to you is to cut back on your training a little. I'd cut the HITT down to 2-3X per week, heavy training to about 2-3X per week. That is if you are doing truly hard HIIT where you are going all out. 20 minutes of intervals with all-out intensity will drain you. 3 sessions a week of heavy lifting will drain you. It isn't about draining, it is about creating a deficit.

You are working very hard, and you are getting GREAT results from it. I wouldn't look at this current situation as a plateau. You have lost about 1/3 of your bodyweight!!! Your body is going to want to stop. This is where long term success comes into play I think. This is where I would take a short (2-3 week) break and reefed a little. Don't go crazy, just allow yourself to eat maybe 1800-2000 calories/day and drop back on your training a little. Maybe you gain 5 pounds back over 3 weeks. But you will be positioning yourself for new weight loss and more importantly, correcting some metabolic damage that may have occurred from the 65 pound drop in weight. It will also give your body some time to respond to the weight training and actually build some muscle, which will give you a very slight increase in metabolism - but even slight increases add up over time and improve your chance of long-term success.

Keep up the great work!

5. Quote Originally Posted by HIT4ME View Post
    Kat, my advice to you is to cut back on your training a little. I'd cut the HITT down to 2-3X per week, heavy training to about 2-3X per week. That is if you are doing truly hard HIIT where you are going all out. 20 minutes of intervals with all-out intensity will drain you. 3 sessions a week of heavy lifting will drain you. It isn't about draining, it is about creating a deficit. You are working very hard, and you are getting GREAT results from it. I wouldn't look at this current situation as a plateau. You have lost about 1/3 of your bodyweight!!! Your body is going to want to stop. This is where long term success comes into play I think. This is where I would take a short (2-3 week) break and reefed a little. Don't go crazy, just allow yourself to eat maybe 1800-2000 calories/day and drop back on your training a little. Maybe you gain 5 pounds back over 3 weeks. But you will be positioning yourself for new weight loss and more importantly, correcting some metabolic damage that may have occurred from the 65 pound drop in weight. It will also give your body some time to respond to the weight training and actually build some muscle, which will give you a very slight increase in metabolism - but even slight increases add up over time and improve your chance of long-term success. Keep up the great work!
    Thank you for your sweet comments and great tips! You're probably right! I am totally drained and basically crash on the weekends when I finally rest! I drag through the rest of the week! The only time I've taken to recover was spending 5 days in the hospital and 2 wks recovering after gallbladder surgery! Lol I enjoy it so much but I definitely want more results!
    The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Isaiah 40:28b-29
    •   

6. Well, keep in mind that if you are trying to lose weight, muscle is your friend!! You are lifting weights so I think you realize this. The way it works is stimulate, recover, grow - 3 steps. You are stimulating, maybe recovering, and then stimulating again. You have to give yourself time to grow. More is NOT better. There is a specific amount that you need and doing more isn't helpful. Keep up the good work!

7. Quote Originally Posted by HIT4ME View Post
    Well, keep in mind that if you are trying to lose weight, muscle is your friend!! You are lifting weights so I think you realize this. The way it works is stimulate, recover, grow - 3 steps. You are stimulating, maybe recovering, and then stimulating again. You have to give yourself time to grow. More is NOT better. There is a specific amount that you need and doing more isn't helpful. Keep up the good work!
    Yes, I do realize that and I'd like to gain muscle and lose the fat! Thanks for the tips and encouragement! I will try to give more time for growth!! Have an awesome day!
  8. Wow

Hey guys I'm new here and love the thread very interesting views from many perspectives.
    I'm 37 and am in morbid obese bracket standing at 5.10 weighting at 136.6kgs @ my heaviest my current weight is now 105.1 with a loss of 30kgs give or take over 12months time period.
    I have a long way to go I know that! Mu point is that I have changed my lifestyle which is in my case what was needed to become a healthier me then the weight loss came with it! So to some my situation up, I wanted to lose weight to become healthier but in fact, I need to become healthier in general to lose the weight !
    Please I am here to learn as much as I can to be a better me, so I welcome any help suggestions that anyone has to offer only journey!

9. Quote Originally Posted by lewishunter2 View Post
    Hey guys I'm new here and love the thread very interesting views from many perspectives. I'm 37 and am in morbid obese bracket standing at 5.10 weighting at 136.6kgs @ my heaviest my current weight is now 105.1 with a loss of 30kgs give or take over 12months time period. I have a long way to go I know that! Mu point is that I have changed my lifestyle which is in my case what was needed to become a healthier me then the weight loss came with it! So to some my situation up, I wanted to lose weight to become healthier but in fact, I need to become healthier in general to lose the weight ! Please I am here to learn as much as I can to be a better me, so I welcome any help suggestions that anyone has to offer only journey!
    Welcome! I'm newer here as well! Awesome job on all you have done so far!! Congratulations! That is a huge accomplishment and you should be very proud! Keep up those positive lifestyle changes and the results will continue to follow!

10. Quote Originally Posted by lewishunter2 View Post
    Hey guys I'm new here and love the thread very interesting views from many perspectives.
    I'm 37 and am in morbid obese bracket standing at 5.10 weighting at 136.6kgs @ my heaviest my current weight is now 105.1 with a loss of 30kgs give or take over 12months time period.
    I have a long way to go I know that! Mu point is that I have changed my lifestyle which is in my case what was needed to become a healthier me then the weight loss came with it! So to some my situation up, I wanted to lose weight to become healthier but in fact, I need to become healthier in general to lose the weight !
    Please I am here to learn as much as I can to be a better me, so I welcome any help suggestions that anyone has to offer only journey!
    This is what I was saying earlier in the thread! Thanks for saying it better - most people are overweight because they are unhealthy, not unhealthy because they are fat. Great job! What you describe is very similar to my situation.

11. Many people carrying excess fat have developed something called leptin resistance. Meaning, all those fat cells may be sending out lots of leptin, but your brain isn't getting the message.
    Take care of your body it's the only place you have to live!

12. It all boils down to calories in vs calories out.if you have low calories to maintain weight already then cardio is best bet, or a weight lifting program

13. Quote Originally Posted by karenduff View Post
    Many people carrying excess fat have developed something called leptin resistance. Meaning, all those fat cells may be sending out lots of leptin, but your brain isn't getting the message.
    Thank you Karen, nobody mentioned leptin resistance and that's the key reason some can't achieve an ideal weight. Yes some will respond to an improved diet, but ultimately the natural thermostat for that person is set to obese that's why it's a "struggle" for those ppl. So to answer the post, no, some people can't get down to a normal BMI because of leptin resistance.

14. Quote Originally Posted by brobody View Post
    It all boils down to calories in vs calories out.if you have low calories to maintain weight already then cardio is best bet, or a weight lifting program
    Leptin resistance controls your energy output so it limits your ability to control "calories out" tremendously, not saying every obese person is leptin resisitant, some ppl do well with lifestyle changes, but it doesn't apply to all obese ppl either
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Is it true that trifecta is just DHEA and an ATD
    By saggy321 in forum LG Sciences
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-16-2010, 08:06 PM
  2. Is it true?
    By whiteformula in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-18-2009, 10:45 AM
  3. Is it true, eggs can't be combined with milk, cheese
    By GOTSPEED in forum Nutrition / Health